Old 16th August 2011, 21:07   #1
DJFrankx

Shoutcast Configuration

I received my Broadcast License Key for the Shoutcaster and located what I believe is the proper place to input it at:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/SHOUTcast/config_builder/config_builder.html

While inputting it into the configuration, the script for the download configuration appears there but the download button does not work. Up above there is the message:

If the download button is shown but does not work, right-click the button and choose the 'Global Settings...' option.

This will open a page on the Adobe site where you then need to go to the 'Security Settings' panel link.

On the page shown you then need to enter the folder path to the configuration builder. Then refresh the configuration builder page and the downlaod button should now work.

First when right clicking on Download button, I see the word "settings" greyed out.

Secondly, there is no adobe site that comes up with security settings, etc.

How do I resolve the issue of this configuration and then making sure that it has been received and is downloaded properly?

Thanks in Advance
Michael Sofranko
DJFrankx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 21:48   #2
DrO

adobe changed how things were done to enable local swf files to work in a local webpage just after the config builder was released with that information.

you can just manually copy the text in the text boxes into a config file of your choice or you can use the online hosted version at http://bogproghome.hopto.org/config_...g_builder.html (same as the local version, but doesn't have the flash related download issue).

i'm looking to get rid of the flash part in the downloader with a future version of the DNAS (and Transcoder) releases, i guess i'll need to move it up the todo list as this has cropped up more times than i'd have liked.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
configuration, key input