Old 9th January 2012, 03:00   #1
naast

Winamp "kind of" freezes on startup.

I'm having a weird issue with winamp recently where it always "freezes" on startup. It is not a "xxx is not responding" problem, but I can not interact with winamp's window in any way.

It usually hangs for something like 5 minutes before working normally. I suspect it has something to do with the media library, but I can't be sure. I've been using winamp for a while and this issue appeared suddenly for reasons I don't understand.

I have tried switching from the Bento skin to the Classic skin, but nothing changed. I've also obviously tried re-installing it.

I'm using Windows 7 64bits, and I have an Athlon II X3 455 processor.
naast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 03:15   #2
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
Try double clicking an mp3 to start it - sometimes I have this problem when I was watching/listening to a media file streaming and that stream is not available/timing out.
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 03:23   #3
naast

I don't think it's related. If I double click a file, or use Windows 7's jump list to play a file while winamp is "frozen", it will actually play the file but I still won't be able to interact with winamp's window directly.
Old 9th January 2012, 03:27   #4
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
What if you try starting winamp by double clicking a file? i.e. have it totally closed, then double click.

I assume you've restarted etc?
Old 9th January 2012, 03:33   #5
naast

Starting winamp by double clicking a file doesn't change anything: it still freezes on startup.

At first it won't play the file, then after 1 or 2 minutes it will start playing the file but I won't be able to interact with the program directly (but I'm somehow able to change songs by double clicking a file), and finally after 2 more minutes, it will unfreeze completely.
Old 9th January 2012, 03:38   #6
muppet

Have you configured the Media Library to scan a location that doesn't exist or would take a long time to time out (a SMB share?) and then told it to scan media library on startup?

That's my last suggestion sorry!
Old 9th January 2012, 03:41   #7
naast

No, the only folder on my Media Library is on my computer, and it does not rescan on startup.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:51   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi naast,

Are you using any of the online media services? If so, they may be updating.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support