Old 5th February 2012, 05:44   #1
mazzy2u

Random Crashes

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. I sit there listening to some music and then after a while it just crashes completely randomly. I have uninstalled everything to do with DSP's, codecs etc, reinstalled Winamp and still it crashes. Set the output to primary sound card and turned off the acceleration also tried the wave output and still it crashes randomly.

The only thing I havnt done is reinstall Windows and that's not going to happen till I get my SSD. I am running Win 7 x64, 8gb ram, i7 2600k and not overclocking. The sound output is a Bose Companion 5. This is the same setup I have had for the past year and Winamp has worked fine till a couple of weeks ago. No idea what I have installed that could have screwed it up so bad.

So any ideas?
mazzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 12:03   #2
Minecraftplayer

Well first is:
Some 32Bit Programs might not be available on 64Bit OS' so that means,Winamp might crash cuz I dunno,maybe there are some New Features that isn't supported in the 64Bit System,I am not sure if that is right cuz I am using Windows Vista 32Bit,Soundcard Realtek upgreaded to new Version,everything is fine! So I am not sure but there are Features that are not supported on 64Bit System,yeah?
Minecraftplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 14:03   #3
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@mazzy - we need a list of plugins to work out what is going on.

Also, have you checked the tracks it is crashing on. Are they always the same ones? Does it crash in the middle of a track, or when changing to the next one? Have you run a chkdsk over the files to make sure it isn't anything fussy in the music files.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 21:23   #4
mazzy2u

The only plugin that I installed was DFX 10, which is now completely different to DFX 9, as its more of a global plugin rather than a specific Winamp plugin, apart from that its the standard Winamp plugins. Music wise, I thought it may be a m4a track or a wma track, I took all of those out and it still crashed randomly (not that I have that many). Its not so much of a crash more of a lock up. It normally happens when I change track but the music keeps playing in the background till the song has ended but the interface doesnt respond and if you press (or attempt to) a button, thats when the song ends and the usual "Windows is looking for a solution" thing appears.
Old 5th February 2012, 21:30   #5
mazzy2u

Ooops forgot the plugin list..
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (9.1 KB, 114 views)
Old 5th February 2012, 21:42   #6
DrO

i would probably point the finger of blame at DFX - i know people were getting random crashes / lockups when using it with DFX 9, so it could be something similar with DFX 10.

so really you're going to need to disable DFX and see if the issue still happens and if it does then see if they have an update or report the issue to them to see if they can do anything to fix it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 21:37   #7
mazzy2u

I have uninstalled DFX and it still just randomly freezes up. I have no idea what is going on. I am getting an SSD next week and I will reinstall everything again and see if its ok this time. I have been using Winamp for years and this is the first time its done anything like this.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support