Old 20th October 2002, 17:59   #1
Soules Fox

Skins... oops!

hmm...
Well to start off.. I downloaded some skins (MMD3, Anime Paradise [big Anime fan]) and it says to click on it to install to
WinAmp, so i clicked on it, and an "open with" screen came up, so i thought maybe it was a zip file, so i opend it with WinZip.. big mistake, i learned it wasnt, and deleted those and tryed re-loading them off online, and another one (i forgot witch one) and now they all appear as Zip files.. even new ones that i download, is there any way i can change that?
Soules Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2002, 01:49   #2
lonestar6669

File Types

It sound like a file types issue.

THis is based on the default install options under 2000/XP. This is use at own risk, I am not for playing with the file types. You can just try uninstalling WA then reinstalling it.

But here it goes.

You will need to find the 'Folder Options...' menu option off of 'Tools' in Win-Explorer. Click the 'File Types' tab. Scroll towards the bottom, and find the WSZ Extension. CLick it and click the 'advanced' button below. CLick New.... FOr Action enter 'install', for Application used... enter '"C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" "%1"' (assuming C is default drive installed on, and path was not changed in the install.) Check the use DDE if not checked. Click 'OK'. With 'install' selected, click the 'Set Default' button. While in the 'WSZ's 'Edit File Type' dialog, you may need to 'Remove' the entry for winzip, by selecting it and clicking "Remove".

I really hate missing with these, so the uninstall and reinstall should be done.
lonestar6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support