Old 30th November 2009, 00:15   #1
DRThomson

winamp song comment storage

Can someone tell me where Winamp stores the comment metatdata? I have all my songs commented to help me decide what song to play next or add to a playlist. Winamp allows search and sort on comment and I find this feature very useful.

I am exploring using SAM, and I had thought that comments were stored in the mysql samdb in the songlist.info field. But, although most comments are, there is a small percentage of the songs where .info contains the original comments that where in the comment field when I got the song.

Yet, when I look at winamp, the comments for all of those song are the new ones I had entered. Somehow songlist.info has not been updated and the comment must be stored some place else.

Did Winamp change where they stored the comment metadata?
DRThomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 02:30   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Comments are stored in the tags within the ID3 tags in the MP3 files. (Ogg Vorbis files it is stored in the OGG Tag, MP34 they are stored in the MP4 Tags, etc...)

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 02:11   #3
DRThomson

thank you. But I am still confused why the comment in winamp is not there in a select few of my songs using mysql. If it helps, it looks like the original comment was a hex number (00000000 00000000). If this is straying from the intent of this forum I apologizes.
Old 1st December 2009, 02:42   #4
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
For support with SAM, contact Spacial Audio. The databases and the such it uses is not related to Winamp. if you edit a comment tag in Winamp (and you haven;'t disabled tag writing or installed any bunk third-party plugins) the information will be written to the file.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 01:48   #5
DRThomson

thank you. Much appreciated
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support