Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Old 23rd June 2013, 02:12   #1
Insidious611

Testers wanted: In_GME: An input plugin for game music using Game_Music_Emu library.

Grab here! (Click In_GME_vwhatever.exe and then Raw)

Hey. I was inspired to create a Winamp input plugin that uses libgme because it has some of the highest accuracy sound cores for emulating game music out there, surpassing most of the ones I've used with winamp in the past, especially when it comes to the SNES (It uses basically the same SNES sound core as BSNES).

This plugin is still to be considered in alpha or pre-alpha state as I haven't implemented a lot of the functionality I think the winamp community has come to expect from similar plugins, such as a detailed information dialog, configurability, and most importantly for people who like NSFs, the ability to go back and forth easily between multiple tracks in an NSF file.

The last bit has been kicking my butt for a while because I can't see any way to do it without essentially hooking and overriding Winamp's own next/prev buttons, which seems really dirty.

Anyway, because of these deficiencies I'm not considering this ready for submission yet even if it gets well-tested, but I want to get some testing out of the way! So I decided to pop up on here and see if anyone is willing to put it through its paces. I've done quite a bit of testing with SPCs, NSFs, and Genesis VGMs on it today, but more eyeballs is always good.

A trick for skipping forward in multi-track NSFs: Seek to 100%.

Grab here! (Click In_GME_vwhatever.exe and then Raw)
Insidious611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development