Old 20th September 2016, 02:55   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Skin Consortium's forum freeze

We're freezing Skin Consortium forum due to lack of activity and spam flood, no posting will be possible once Ralph / Quadhelix pulls the plug.
Sad day for me, among others I think, but a necessary step, it's been delayed even more than advised. Current posts / threads will be kept so any skinners / users can use it as reference in the future.

More info: http://forums.skinconsortium.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2502.

Long live Winamp!
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2016, 08:52   #2
quadhelix2

We need support to take back winamp.

To bring winamp out of this never ending downward fall we need to do some thing.
Tomorrow I will talk to the Shoutcast team and hopefully come up with a solution. We made Winamp, they are destroying it. We need the support back. Our team can make this happen.
quadhelix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 14:01   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

For me, is increasingly evident that a project like Winamp is meant to be supported by users and not by large corporations, which sooner or later end up drowning Winamp's possibilities, because they obviously think more in profits than in a capable team and proper structure to make a good player.
Making some profit out of it is necessary if some sort of team is meant to be kept, that is inevitable too, but chasing a "big hit" player that will be loved by everyone and have increasing revenues year after year is now utopic.

That being said, the first problem I see now is which "team" are you refering to, there is little devs left over here and most are sort of splitted.. (though of course, all can change if a Winamp's source is available to work on without the pressures / obstacles of a big corporation..)
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 18:52   #4
Koogle

thats sad to see.. but there was never much more work done on cpro after winamp upped and died, the biggest nail in the coffin to me was the official plugin site for winamp dissapearing, kinda stupid radionomy not to carry that on and get the servers for it from those morons at aol.

but what do i know

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
skin consortium freeze