Old 14th October 2003, 04:41   #1
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Send a message via Yahoo to apola_anamisha
Angry Defend Boy-bands

Ok, i m sick of hearing that boy-bands r gay or the members of boy bands r gay & so on.In classes,parties or even chat rooms!How come some1 even think of it?Ya, may b there r some rare cases (like Stephen Gately),but not all of them.It all happens in a society & it has nothing 2 do with boy bands.
Can't u see how they feel for girls in the songs?How deeply?I bet, no gay can feel that .U can say that they don't write the lyrics but i m not taking 'bout the lyrics only.Take a look at their over all reaction.
Watch their feelings.How much love ,trust & sorrows for girl is hidden behind every song.Girls r just queen of thier heart!
& let me tell every1 'bout an interesting observation.In most of the cases its only boys who r always forward 2 prove the boy-bands as gay.I guess they r simply zealous.Boyz hate them cause girls like (love?) them.Its so simple.& to all those boyz ,i bet thier gfs r also fans of a boy-band. Or more than 1 who knows?
So from now on plz stop telling that boy-bands r gay.They r our dream boyz.We will like them untill the end of our life..........no matter wt other ppl(boyz) even our bfs think of them.

All pop music is good music but all good music isn't pop music
Wanna know more about pop music or my boy-bands?
Westlife / Backstreet Boys / Savage Garden / NSync / Michael Learns to Rock
apola_anamisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 06:15   #2
corkhead0
Major Dude

They are fake, they sing manufactured songs that aren't written by them and they are hired to dance and be pretty. What was that about feelings again?

The girls that like them need to get laid.

Oh and by the way, don't expect to be taken seriously if you can't learn to type. At least Shabaviz55 and Mr_007 have learned to type with sentences and complete words.
corkhead0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 06:44   #3
taylormemer
made his slipknot mask in woodwork class
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to taylormemer Send a message via AIM to taylormemer Send a message via Yahoo to taylormemer
Yer well I have the same thoughts as corkhead.

DeviantART|¤¤|DS-Lair|¤¤|Dissectional|¤¤|Pearl Drums|¤¤|Viralsound|¤¤|PabUK
Hey you! Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.My PLAYLIST

MSN: taylor.jake@hotmail.com
taylormemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 06:58   #4
sidd
Major Dude

Quote:
Can't u see how they feel for girls in the songs?How deeply?I bet, no gay can feel that.
by 'gay', im sure most people mean really meant words like 'crap' or 'an-insult-to-musicians-everywhere' rather than 'homosexual' or 'poo-pusher'.

So, now that you undestand the terminology, surely you would agree???

.. sadly no... it seems you gone on to encourage people to actually appreciate the music.. you make me sad mr anamisha.
Quote:
U can say that they don't write the lyrics but i m not taking 'bout the lyrics only.
hmm, well...they dont write ANY of it! not the music, not the lyrics, not even the dance moves. Infact, its prolly not even their voice you are hearing... prolly some ugly guy's behind the curtains. All they are is purty faces.
Quote:
i bet thier gfs r also fans of a boy-band
well, since this is a forum filled with people who base their whole lives around good music, i doubt that very much.

to put it short and sweet.. if you are looking for boy-band-fans, you have prolly come to the wrong place. It is the opinion of most people here that boy-bands would be quite at home underneath our stomping feet.

and btw, this isnt AOL, so one would hope that you would have plenty of time to finish of each word before progressing to the next one.

[/vent]
sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 07:24   #5
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

My wife's a boy-band fan. However, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES does she play or watch it while I'm home. That's easilly grounds for separation.

I whole-heartedly agree with the above 3 posts. And it's not just boy-bands that rile me, it's the whole 'pop-idol' culture.

Secret Snacker & Accomplished Pen Thief At:
Cylob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 08:25   #6
sidd
Major Dude

Quote:
That's easilly grounds for separation.
roflmao.. god, im drunk, and that is soooooo damn funny.

i can imagine it in the divorce act:

1: seperation for more than 6 months
2: violance towards either parties
3: either parties listening to, or suggesting appreciation towards, 'boy-bands' and any associated music style.
etc etc

//edit
i dunno cylob, i dont really mind pop culture. Tho in the last decade or so, 'consumerism' has kindof slipped its way into the 'pop culture' category.
Old 14th October 2003, 08:27   #7
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

I think Cylob had the Mrs sign an agreement before the "I do's"
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 08:40   #8
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

I'm not stupid enough to get married in the first place. We've just been living together (11 years now). 3 kids (all darlings). Just no piece of paper to complicate matters - if you love each other you don't need it enshrined in law.

Anyway, I extend my dislike of boy-bands and pop-culture to consumerism (as sidd pointed out) and all forms of popular media. But there's a wealth of alternatives..... I don't despair.

BTW sidd, what time is it??? I'd love to be sloshed right now but it's only 9.55am.

Old 14th October 2003, 09:07   #9
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Cylob
I'm not stupid enough to get married in the first place. We've just been living together (11 years now). 3 kids (all darlings). Just no piece of paper to complicate matters - if you love each other you don't need it enshrined in law.

Gotcha, I rather like living in sin myself.
Old 14th October 2003, 09:14   #10
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

I'll see ya in purgatory then.

Old 14th October 2003, 09:20   #11
sidd
Major Dude

its 7pm here. I'm from australia, and you are "From: The Future", so that explains the time difference.

btw, notice how everytime one of these group flamings occur, the target never botheres to come back and read it all.
Old 14th October 2003, 09:50   #12
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

I'd love for apola to come back. The forum hasn't got a boy band expert (to my knowledge). Variety and all that.

But you have a point sidd, this perhaps isn't the ideal place to lavish praise on Westlife. A discussion requires more than one person....

Old 14th October 2003, 10:07   #13
Triton4
Major Dude

Boy Bands suck. Hmm... wait, FGTH were a boy band, right?
Triton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 10:16   #14
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

No!!!! Don't say that Triton!!! FGTH were men. Admittedly, they were crap musicians and relied 95% on production, but did they all stand in a row as if on puppet strings????? Were they all pretty boys????

Some actually could play their instruments.

Old 14th October 2003, 10:30   #15
Triton4
Major Dude

Hi there Cylob, long time no see... Do you mean FGTH's music is crap??? Sorry mate, but I'll have to disagree on that one; FGTH ruled the New Wave era.
Triton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 10:39   #16
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Triton, you are hard work this monring

I love FGTH, their music is first class. As you say, kings of New Wave. You know I love 'em!

One fact - they weren't very good musicians (or song writers even), which is why people like Trevor Horn were employed. The pre-Horn and after-Horn versions of relax are very different!!! They're a good end product (after much production). But they aren't a boy band.

Old 14th October 2003, 12:39   #17
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Lightbulb Update

Too bad there's no one to defend me now!
I am only trying to say that boy-bands are not gay, thats all.I didn't tell you to like boy-bands or like pop music.But if you don't like someone it doesn't mean that you can insult them.It is not fair.& I really wonder if you guys don't like boy-bands or pop music what sorta stuffs do you like?Ya,its my turn now............everthing except pop music sucks.
We ,all the fans of boy-band ,love them and will love them till the end of our life.We don't care what others I mean to say those anti-boy-band party think 'bout them.We really don't need to think 'bout them.And you know what, all the boy-bands also don't care what this anti-party say.They only know us-thier fans(to be more precise girls-as I'm telling it over and over that they are not gay)
Btw,why is everyone telling me to be brief?I din't get it?I am a newcomer here so if there are any rules please be specified.Please do explain what is wrong with me.
Last but not the least,I thought its a forum!But the way you guys are answering specially siddhartha_one,ShyShy,Cylob & Triton4 .........seems its a chat room!

Old 14th October 2003, 13:13   #18
WomanOfHeart
Major Dudette

No one is telling you to be brief. What we are telling you is that all of that "AOL baby speak" you were using isn't well tolerated here. This is a forum, not a chat room.
No one is telling you that you can't like your "boy bands." There is quite a diverse and eclectic group of music lovers here. You aren't the only one who has ever been teased about your taste in music. I've been teased about it, and I've teased some other forum members.
A lot of us have been around for a long time. We know each other, and so we banter back and forth with each other. All that said, this is still a FORUM. It may seem like a chat room, but don't make the mistake of treating it like one.

WomanOfHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 13:17   #19
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by apola_anamisha
Please do explain what is wrong with me.
There's nothing at all wrong with you (except for maybe your taste)......

Old 14th October 2003, 13:56   #20
sidd
Major Dude

Quote:
We ,all the fans of boy-band ,love them and will love them till the end of our life.
"we"??? sorry to say this, but i think you might be the only one.

ok, i retract.. im sorry if i have offended you. But alot of people i know would react more harshly than i have done when you say things like "everthing except pop music sucks."

:O

anyways.. since i didnt know until now that boy-band fans existed, would you mind telling me what it is you like about them? i am genuinly interested.
Old 14th October 2003, 17:17   #21
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

apola, it's ok to like boy bands. Yes, folks, when I was a pre-teeny-bopper, I too listened to that such genre. And don't forget guys, The Beatles were considered a boy band also at one time And I do apologize for my part in de-railing your thread.
Old 14th October 2003, 18:38   #22
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

I like N'Sync.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 21:42   #23
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I dislike boy bands.

a lot.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 22:20   #24
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Personally, I find boy bands to be the annoying scum of the music world in a tie with rap music. I don't know how or why I liked them 5 years, but whatever span they had on my radio didn't last very long and any likening for them burned down to ashes in a pile of hate. Speaking of lasting very long, where do most of those bands end up no more than 3-5 years down the road anyway? Broken-up? Most likely. Down the books of the musical record? If they can survive and not die.

Kid Rock put it nicely in "American Bad Ass"; "Punk rock's a clash, boy bands are trash"...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 02:02   #25
Mike H.
Forum Esperantist
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Mike H.
Isn't this thread about 5 years late? The boy bands are gone now.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 02:37   #26
sidd
Major Dude

thats a good point.
Old 15th October 2003, 05:12   #27
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
I dislike boy bands.

a lot.
Here here. Although for me its more of a deep and everlasting hatred.
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 07:25   #28
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

Talking I am back!

If some boy-bands are broken up...........some new face will come, so what?I personally feel that boy-bands never dies, even if it breaks.Cause the music still be there to remind the fans that they were in........In the mission to rule the world.
Anywayz, thnakx all for the feedback.I can't believe that finally u ,sorry, you guys are speaking cordially with me.Ok,let me withdraw my words if boy-bands don't suck the rest don't suck too.Afterall ,many men have many minds.
Tell me one thing why is everyone so surprised that I am hard core boy-band lover?Just cheak any of the fan sites of Yahaoo,MSN and so on........ you'll find plenty of boy-bands fan clubs as well as fans.For your information most of those boy-bands do not exist today(how sad!)But still they are hot!
And I bet, they will be ,as long as we the fans will exist they will exist......In our heart (and hopefully through me in this forum!)

Old 15th October 2003, 07:45   #29
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Re: I am back!

Quote:
Originally posted by apola_anamisha
And I bet, they will be ,as long as we the fans will exist they will exist......In our heart (and hopefully through me in this forum!)
You mean you're staying??

Gulp!

Old 15th October 2003, 09:45   #30
apola_anamisha
Major Dudette

I am afriad I'll stay.Why?Do you have any objection?Oh yea, I remember you are voted the best member for this music zone............I might need your permission.As you see (and 've observed it, too) there's is no one to delegate boy-bands here.I'ld love to perform this Holy-duty!

Old 15th October 2003, 09:48   #31
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

as long as you join in on other subjects besides boy bands your more than welcome.

there are thread like the band/song name game and one hit wonders where you can post your boybands.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 09:58   #32
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Tell 'em, apola! Girl power and all that good stuff. I think. But, yeah, don't let us bully you here in the music section
Old 15th October 2003, 10:12   #33
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplayradio
there are thread like the band/song name game and one hit wonders where you can post your boybands.

Everybody's equal in the Winamp forums apola (except for the mods, who reign down from heaven).

I've already said - the more variety, the better.

Old 15th October 2003, 20:02   #34
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Before anyonr roundly attacks the entire phenomenon, remember, Linkin Park is a Boy Band.

And sure i'll defend them: Their records increase the US GNP, even more so than other music because the people that listen to them are teenage girls most likely too braindead to know how how to file share. Plus they like the extra bonus of all the CD liner notes as masturbation material.

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2003, 20:17   #35
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Almost similar to preps going to Good Charlotte concerts - It's not the music that makes up a genre; it's the fans...

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2003, 12:30   #36
Raz
Forum King

The music industry.

Point made, set and match.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2003, 01:01   #37
Mike H.
Forum Esperantist
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Mike H.
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
Linkin Park is a Boy Band.
Well, I suppose you could call any all-male music group a "boy band", but typically a boy band is a group of guys who perform dance-pop music and do not play instruments. Even if Linkin Park fits the "industry" model of a boy band, they certainly don't fit the "musical" model.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2003, 11:26   #38
marvinbarcelona
Major Dude

Many bands started out as boy-bands such as The Beatles (as already mentioned by ShyShy)and The Beach Boys. Let's not forget that many of the groups from Motown were also industry created. Hell, I've got a couple of Take That tunes lurking in the deep, dark recesses of my HD.....and what are you gonna do about, eh? I can hear you all sniggering. Yeah, sniggering behind your Osmonds cds... I heard tell that Cylob has an original vinyl of Crazy Horses

I actually feel sorry for the boybands and there like, the record industry chews them and spits them out at a rapid rate of knots.

Anyway apola_anamisha, keep posting and don't mind Cylob, he was attempting a joke there....made me laugh anyway!

It's been said that I could start an arguement in an empty room.....I see no reason to disbelieve this.
marvinbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2003, 14:35   #39
Cylob
Forum Music King
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by marvinbarcelona
I heard tell that Cylob has an original vinyl of Crazy Horses
Not quite marvin. But it was sampled by Pop Wil Eat Itself on Def Con One (that's as close as I'll ever get).

I don't feel sorry for the boy bands, yes they're chewed-up and spat out like so many plastic soliders, but that's the territory they occupy (music industry play-things). No balls, no talent and no future. They'll be airbrushed over.......

Anyway marvin, back to wiping the dishes for me.

Old 18th October 2003, 18:07   #40
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Surprisingly, many of the boy band members have married WOMEN.
Granted Jessica Simpson isn't exactly blessed with much for brains.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama