Old 19th December 2004, 04:05   #1
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
So I like crap music. So sue me.

I like bad music, or so it seems. I don't mind listning to Aqua in the car with my sisters. I like slipknot and linking park. I'll listen to eminem. Korn works for me to. Cursive, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse. I'll dabble in Evanescence and even Blink-182. I like the new LiIndsay Lohan song. The one by Hillary Duff about the rain didn't make me cringe either. I like Darude and the occasional some Ludacris or even Limp Bizkit. I like the Who and some Nirvanna and even some Cake or Stone Temple Piolets. Foo Fighters, 12 Girl's Band, and Puff Daddy.

I don't always want my music to "move" me. I don't always need to listen to music that has "meaning" or anythign like that. Sometimes I like music just because it has a catch tune and some catchy lyrics. Do I care that they are the same thing I've heard 50 times before? Not one bit.

This doesn't make me a bad person. Get off my fucking back!
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:18   #2
Timbaland

I listen to just about anything (except country)

Hip Hop, Punk, Metal, Motown, Rock, doesnt matter as long as I like it. I dont like mainstream Rap or Punk (ex. Lil Jon, Good Charolette) but stuff like Beastie Boys, Jedi Mind Tricks, Hieroglyphics, NOFX, Rancid, etc..

Bottom Line is, listen to what you like and not based on what others are listening to/what they think of it.

I like some of the bands you listed, Ludacris is good but Limp Bizkit..uhh..no comment
Timbaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:18   #3
d0rk
I contribute nothing.
(Forum King)

Of the bands you listed I like: Slipknot, Linkin Park, Eminem, Korn, Modest Mouse, Evanescence, Blink 182, limpbizkit, Ludacris is ok, The Who, Nirvana, STP, Foo Fighters and some Puff Daddy.

I havn't heard Cursive, Bright Eyes or Darude.

<3 dlink

I came for the hatred.
I stayed for the ballbag.
d0rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:20   #4
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Cursive = indy
Bright Eyes = also indy (i think, found their CD's on barnesandnobel.com, but I'ma check the store tomarrow cause I can't find crap on kazza or warez).
Darude = trance/techo/whatever you want to call it. He made the Sandstorm song which is the techno song even your grandma would recgonize.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:25   #5
protegechris
Forum Queen

I know what you mean dlink.. People are surprised when they find out I listen to top 40 and run a rock/hard rock station. Not to mention I'm a violinist.

I listen to Rock/ Hard rock, metal, hip hop, rnb, top 40, classical, soul, funk, and basically everything else except country.

yeah, i'm back.
protegechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:30   #6
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
i like most of the artists from Wind-Up records(Creed, Evanescence, 12 Stones, Drowning Pool...).

I mostly listen to mainstream stuff i guess. i don't like stuff that much if it doesn't have some sort of meaning. i do have a few non-mainstream artists in my collection like The O.C. Supertones and Revis.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:33   #7
Timbaland

^^ OC Supertones are good
Timbaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 04:44   #8
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i saw the supertones in concert at the fresno fair a couple of years ago. it rocked. i kind of wish they would come back to fresno for another concert.

There is no sig.
Old 19th December 2004, 05:18   #9
S-uper_T-oast
Forum King

We here like all different styles of techno(darude, dune, Dj Mystic, Sasha,...), and then we also like classical music(Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi,...).

So I guess I pretty much have both the extremes covered in the timespan of music.

Classical|---------------------------------|Techno
S-uper_T-oast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 05:23   #10
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

classical music is good. i like it best when i'm trying to sleep though.

There is no sig.
Old 19th December 2004, 05:39   #11
protegechris
Forum Queen

I put a rock feel into my music, I like playing rockier songs with it too.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=WREHW1JQO34J

That right there is what I'm saving for. Man I would do anything for that

yeah, i'm back.
Old 19th December 2004, 06:18   #12
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

No worries, dlink. We all have our musical guilty pleasures
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 08:29   #13
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

How can someone listen to everything but country? That is the most bullshit statement ever. I love everything including country except crap. I cant stand crappy music. If the music is crap in its genre than I probably won't like it. Jazz however I just don't understand.

Point being, open up, listen to some country. Listen to some classic country like Hank Williams or Hank Williams Jr. and the like.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 09:06   #14
protegechris
Forum Queen

Well I like SOME country, toby keith and a few others, but my mom generally frowns upon me listening to it, so I don't.

I guess you could say I like the upbeat cxountry. Yes, my keyboard appears to make x's go after or before my c's now sometimes.

yeah, i'm back.
Old 19th December 2004, 09:08   #15
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
How can someone listen to everything but country? That is the most bullshit statement ever. I love everything including country except crap. I cant stand crappy music. If the music is crap in its genre than I probably won't like it. Jazz however I just don't understand.

Point being, open up, listen to some country. Listen to some classic country like Hank Williams or Hank Williams Jr. and the like.
And you listen to some Jazz

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 09:43   #16
Raz
Forum King

Why bother listening to vaguely decent music when i have music that does move me.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 10:24   #17
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by S-uper_T-oast
Good techno is one of the closest forms of music to classical. I don't agree with that distinction at all.

As for the coversations on the bands mentioned, Bright Eyes are meant to be good, but I'm really not into Indie.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 10:35   #18
Spazz333
Major Dude

Listening to Top40 stuff isn't a crime, but the true test to me is if you are still listening to it 6 months or a year from now. I can remember being quite fixated on Michelle Branch's music for awhile. It just kind of faded away though in the competiton with music which actually means something.

::edit:: I should say, music which generally eclipses the Top40 for me are bands like "The Gathering", "Curve", "Paradise Lost", "30 Seconds to Mars" and "Bad Religion"

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 10:45   #19
mysterious_w
Forum King

I like almost everything. But I can't stand emo (just annoys me), death metal, bubblegum pop and new monkey (genre that is only played in the north of england and is only recorded on tapes)

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 10:59   #20
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
I listen to anything that I think sounds good, weather it be certan Beethovan songs to DaRude, or Aqua to Pink, or Alanis Morissette to Korn, or Apoptygma Berzerk to E.S. Posthumus, or Rammstein to Yuki Kajiura, or Radiohead to The Who, or Michael Jackson to Prodigy. Currently, I'm listening to "What's Up", by 4 Non Blondes.

If it sounds good, I'll listen to it. There are a few genre's that I know of that have almost nothing I like. With the exception of Eminem, there are maybe 4 rap songs I like. The rest: keepitaway. Classical: very few songs, but some Mozart and Beethovan are nice. Country: maybe 20 songs total I like. Keep the rest away, kthx.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 11:12   #21
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I don't know what I like...LeeAnn Rhymes kills me, but I like some of Kid Rock's country-like stuff...I like Judas Priest, but I'm not fond of Iron Maiden...I enjoy watching Eddie Van Halen play, but I get bored with Steve Vai...Jay-Z isn't my thing, but Jurassic 5 is...

I don't like or dislike any general genres; I have to specify specific bands or people...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 11:44   #22
mark
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
Good techno is one of the closest forms of music to classical. I don't agree with that distinction at all.

As for the coversations on the bands mentioned, Bright Eyes are meant to be good, but I'm really not into Indie.
could you reccomend some good techno?

actually, heres an idea, why doesnt everyone pick a genre theyre familliar with and name a few good artists/albums?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 12:40   #23
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Or just copy&paste the respective threads from Music O'Rama for your convenience.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 13:32   #24
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by nobby™
could you reccomend some good techno?
I'll just get the purists attacking me

Do what gaekwad suggests - there's a lot of "best of" threads from a while back in music o' rama.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 15:49   #25
Talbain

Send a message via AIM to Talbain
You have every right to like bad music. So I agree, tell them to go fuck themselves.
Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 16:19   #26
yenerich
Banned

Then you are right, you like crap music... at least you recognize that you have a problem ha ha :P
yenerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 16:46   #27
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

the music he thinks is crap i think is really good. the exceptions are Aqua, LiIndsay Lohan and Ludacris(i don't like totally crap music).

There is no sig.
Old 19th December 2004, 16:57   #28
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
I cant stand crappy music. If the music is crap in its genre than I probably won't like it.

I like some country. The few genres I don't listen to are mainly because I haven't connected to it (ie Opera, Mexican Cumbia, etc.). It's all about personal tastes.

Heck, I even listen to Disney soundtracks with the rugrat in the car and I find myself singing along.
Old 19th December 2004, 18:04   #29
Germ
rules all things

Can you feeeelll the love tonighhhhhtttt
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 18:07   #30
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
You are going to die, I had to perform that god damn song.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 20:48   #31
Talbain

Send a message via AIM to Talbain
The circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife! :P
Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2004, 21:13   #32
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
When people talk about music at school, I'm usually the one who just sits and thinks "God, they listen to some of the most annoying music ever". But that's just because people at school are all into this 'I'm punk, OMG' or 'I'm emo, wahh wahh' stuff.

I listen to whatever makes me feel good.

Placebo, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Dropkick Murphys, Ash, The White Stripes, Deftones, Steve Miller, and The Smiths are just some of what I usually have playing.

Music isn't really about 'good' or 'bad' it's what you like.

If you like Hilary Duff, then fine. As long as you're not shoving it down my ears, I don't care.

Like right now, I'm playing.. "Placebo - Every You Every Me (Infected by the Scourge of the Earth Remix)". I bet there are atleast 10 people here that HATE placebo. But I like them.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 05:24   #33
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by S-uper_T-oast
We here like all different styles of techno(darude, dune, Dj Mystic, Sasha,...), and then we also like classical music(Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi,...).

So I guess I pretty much have both the extremes covered in the timespan of music.

Sasha! mentioned in the same breath as Darude? dune?

Slaps T-oast upside of the head and then you insult our Alex by calling him Techno!! shock - horror - you dare!! Slaps you even 'arder upside of the head....

Never do that again - you very bad bad naughty person you ....

mind though you saved grace by mentioning some good classical music Vivaldi - Ahh Bliss

~

ps Sasha (Alex Coe - Cardiff) is not that dipstick from europe who lives on the masters cred - fucking wanker.

I remember many a fine night at 'Shelleys' - Stoke on Trent, England - listening to sash and diggers (Jon Digweed) when they were starting out circa 89/90 - Respects to a great DJ

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 07:42   #34
Spazz333
Major Dude

Found this when I was surfing around. Suited this thread I thought.

http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

Guy is funny, arrogant, but funny.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 10:54   #35
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
Quote:
Originally posted by ryan
Placebo, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Dropkick Murphys, Ash, The White Stripes, Deftones, Steve Miller, and The Smiths are just some of what I usually have playing.

Music isn't really about 'good' or 'bad' it's what you like.
I see that we have quite similar music tastes (I have all Placebo albums), throw in some metal such as Theatre of Tragedy and you have what I usually listen to.

I listen to all kinds of genre as well, except those I never was really introduced to (e.g. I don't listen to any Hungarian traditional music because I don't know any) but in every genre there are songs I lika and hate of course.

There's nothing bad liking top40 songs, although I have no clue who's in the top40 right now and I don't listen to the radio I bet that there will be songs I like at least for a while, these songs just tend to get on my nerves right quick because we get bombarded with them dozens times a day.

I would never criticize anyone for their music taste if I can see that they are sticking by it (like you dlink, I respect your opinion alot) and not just name a band they never heard of because someone else said that it was 'cool'.

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 12:45   #36
mark
Forum King

i hate top 40 stuff because i just dont like it.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2004, 02:04   #37
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
Can you feeeelll the love tonighhhhhtttt
Quit stealing my line
Old 21st December 2004, 05:57   #38
cgfiend

Send a message via ICQ to cgfiend Send a message via AIM to cgfiend Send a message via Yahoo to cgfiend
I can't stand anything that contains rap influences, which means most of the music put out today. Rap lost its novelty to me when breakdancing wasn't cool anymore. R&B is a joke compared to what it used to be. Marvin Gaye must be rolling in his grave.

Thankfully the internet lets you find artists that actually have talent and make real music. It's now possible to support the bands that are good and ignore the ones that suck ass. I write bad reviews on crap music at sites like Amazon.com. Sometimes people only like to write good reviews on stuff. I like painting a true picture of what I think of it, bad or good.
cgfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 19:16   #39
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Re: So I like crap music. So sue me.

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
I like the new LiIndsay Lohan song. The one by Hillary Duff about the rain didn't make me cringe either.
Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!

Neither of these two can sing worth a crap - there are major enhancements done by studio technicians to make the hotties sound like they have a slight bit of talent. It's the reason why when they perform 'live' they are usually lip synching.

Granted they're both damn nice to look at but to be entertained by someone who can't write their own lyrics, can't write their own music and cant perform live - or even lip synching without screwing up - can't be called a musician or a singer. They are actors and that's all they will ever be.

But this is what the music business wants you to like - artists they create amd mold into the image of a musician which will disappear in less than three years replaced by someone just like them.

The music I listen to comes from bands who have been around at least three years and in many cases ten, twenty or more years and still sell. How many albums do the artists like Dugg and Lohan from the 80's - per say Debbie Gibson, Tiffany and the such ... why is it they vanished from the face of the earth in less than five years but AC/DC who have been performing since the early 70's still rocking!

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 20:08   #40
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

lindsay lohan writes the lyrics for most of her songs actually. she was on regis and kelly a couple of weeks ago talking about her album. and i agree that niether can sing.

There is no sig.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama