Old 19th January 2009, 15:51   #1
jimbo45

Windows 7 X32 and X64 No CD ripping options

Hi guys -- might be a bit early but having got fed up with SLOW Vista I'm trying the Windows 7 Beta (still available from Microsoft until 24 Jan) - works like greased lightning compared to Vista even on a small laptop - use the X32 version for < 4GB RAM - and is valid until August so well worth a try before Windows 7 is released as a final product.

However on both the 32 and 64 bit versions (Windows 7) there's no CD ripping options available -- have tried with unchecking the Sonic burn option and leaving it in. No difference - in either case the CD ripping option fails to appear in the options.

Tried both the current Winamp version and the previous version (5.54).

I restored each time a FRESH image of Windows 7 so there were no traces of a prior install or registry entries which was liable to corrupt the fresh install.

Since CD ripping to flac is one of my main uses for the application I hope you can fix it.

This is currently the ONLY application I haven't been able to get working on Windows 7.

Ok I know Windows 7 is not "Officially" out but when it is nearly everybody who is unfortunate enough to have VISTA on their machines will jump ship as quick as possible so it is worth actually fixing it if you can in good time.

Cheers

-Jimbo
jimbo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports