Old 14th May 2012, 22:32   #1
Chikamaharry

The queue function

Hi there!

I have to say that I just love Winamp, and that it is much more organized and more efficient compared to any other music player I have tested. But I have a small problem. One of the things that I loved the most with Spotify was that I could simply right-click on a track and choose queue. Then that song would be the next played, no matter if shuffling was turned on or not. Now that I have moved over to Winamp I find that I have some problems with that function. When I right-click on a track in Winamp, I get the option to "Enqueue selection". The only problem is that it doesn't work quite as I'd like it to do.

With the Bento-skin, you get some sort of playlist in the upper-right-side corner. When I use the enqueue function, the track is just placed in the end of that playlist, and is not played as the next song. I guess it is simply a higher chance of it picking that song, since the song is listed twice. Is there any way to get Winamp to play the enqueued song as the NEXT song? That was one of my most used functions in Spotify, and I loved it. Thats the one thing I miss in Winamp.

edit: I forgot, I use Winamp version 5.623 on a Windows 7 64-bit computer.
Chikamaharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 23:15   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

In the Local Media views, use rt-click > Send To > Add to queue

If you don't see that item in the Send To menu,
then go to: Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Jump To File > ML Options
and checkmark Enable 'Add to queue' entry on the 'Send To' menu

Alternatively, send all or a bunch of files from a Local Media view to that Playlist area which you mentioned (or load a saved playlist),
Click the 'Enlarge Playlist' button in the bottom right corner of said Playlist area
then use Alt+click on playlist entries to add them to the play queue (or right-click > Jump to File > Queue selected / Q)

You can also use the Jump to File Queue Manager to manage the queue etc etc..
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 12:27   #3
Chikamaharry

Ah, great, now it works just as I wanted it to! Thank you so much! : D Lovin' Winamp even more.
Chikamaharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
queue