Old 30th June 2014, 17:56   #1
ChiggyChiggy

Scale shoutcast window within Winamp

When using the shoutcast radio within Winamp it has scrollbars to all its sides, even if i maximize the Winamp window to fill up my entire screen i still get that

Heres how it looks for me:

Its really annoying to say the least >.< Most websites scale to the display theyre being in, iirc even the shoutcast page that wasnt meant to be viewed in Winamp didnt do this D:

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 18:06   #2
DrO

it's a w.i.p. as per the other threads about it and it's not even clear if it's going to remain as a web page or not. we know it's not ideal and things will be changed over time.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 18:15   #3
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it's a w.i.p. as per the other threads about it and it's not even clear if it's going to remain as a web page or not. we know it's not ideal and things will be changed over time.
Ah my bad, sorry xD I thought its been set in stone since shoutcast has left beta mostly now.

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
Old 30th June 2014, 18:23   #4
DrO

both are very likely going to evolve over time. and with the in-Winamp option it's still open to debate on what is the best option (web-page or native plug-in or some hybrid) especially as it doesn't work too well on IE8 setups (i.e. XP) where maybe a native plug-in (so a bit like v2.9x had) would be better for those users without compromising the experience on newer Windows versions (or we just go all ml_shoutcast.dll in general). either way, we're trying out things to see what's the best option in the long run even if it causes a bit of pain in the short-term.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:25   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

I'm using a cPro skin and I never see a horizontal scroll bar for that page. When I have the SUI set to a certain size (less than maximized), the list of genres (shown on the left of screenshot above) is provided in a drop down box over the list of stations. But the other sort columns to the right of the column of stations are not available unless the SUI is set to a wide enough size or maximized. So I'm seeing some rearrangement of the page based on the size of the SUI.

Is this w.i.p. changing hourly or does the page respond differently for cPro skins?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 18:35   #6
DrO

it's more likely that cPro is doing things slightly differently as it provides it's own browser and so the handling may be a bit different (especially based on something Victhor reported).

though cache versions, etc could be leading to differences in what's being seen (though i doubt there'll be any other changes made tonight if it's 19:30 in europe i.e. well past the end of the working day (note: i'm not directly following what's going on with that part of site so haven't been seeing what is changing or not).
Old 30th June 2014, 18:49   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
it's more likely that cPro is doing things slightly differently as it provides it's own browser and so the handling may be a bit different (especially based on something Victhor reported).
I assume you're referring to the cPro SUI window disappearing after selecting a station, if the other SHOUTcast url is used (the one that uses the blue background).

I'm assuming these quirks will be addressed once the site changes settle down.

Also, it appears cPro can use either it's own or Winamp's IE engine browser depending on the feature selected or whether a cPro 1 or cPro 2 skin is being used. With a cPro 1 skin, I can select "Web Browser" (Winamp's ?) and/or "BrowserPro" (cPro's) and with a cPro 2 skin, I can only select "Web Reader" (a different cPro browser than the other one).

Last edited by Aminifu; 30th June 2014 at 19:53.
Old 30th June 2014, 21:35   #8
MarkRH

Probably what's best for Winamp in the long run is to not be dependent on the version of browser or OS the person has installed for how the Shoutcast page inside Winamp looks and behaves.

Maybe the Shoutcast part uses it's own interface while the other parts of Winamp that use a browser still use the current OS browser it is now. Just thoughts.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 04:29   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

It has been requested in the past that Winamp's internal browser function be able to use engines other than IE. cPro found a way to so. I don't use this function a lot, but I like that I can open different browser panels.

Some websites look and function differently in different browsers which can be advantageous.

Other users have asked that Winamp not provide an internal browser function at all. This is short sighted, imo.

Old 1st July 2014, 04:38   #10
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
(web-page or native plug-in or some hybrid) especially as it doesn't work too well on IE8 setups (i.e. XP) where maybe a native plug-in (so a bit like v2.9x had) would be better for those users without compromising the experience on newer Windows versions (or we just go all ml_shoutcast.dll in general).
Oh god YES YES YESSSSSSS, a plugin would be soooo much better, more integrated and not have the annoyances it has currently (or so i hope/ guess), it deserves so much more than being in the online services category.

When you leave the online service part of winamp and say, go to the media library, whatever you did in the online services part goes away and once you return to it you have to start from scratch (like say you search for something in shoutcast, then leave, once you return you have to do that all over again to see the stations from your search)

And perhaps if a plugin is used maybe it could have the function of showing you the stations you listen to alot/ favourites? Or some ability to save the playlists? I like searching for new stuff always on shoutcast, and theres some stations that always have stuff that i like so i save their playlist files and use them in winamp, however if i was using shoutcast from within winamp (as in, instead of using it in browser) and stumble on a station i want to always play from winamp id have to do a bazzilion things to get the playlist file so that i can add it to my playlists >_<

Old 1st July 2014, 15:27   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
... however if i was using shoutcast from within winamp (as in, instead of using it in browser) and stumble on a station i want to always play from winamp id have to do a bazzilion things to get the playlist file so that i can add it to my playlists >_<
Or you could just bookmark the station and return to it from your list of bookmarks.

Old 1st July 2014, 16:12   #12
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Or you could just bookmark the station and return to it from your list of bookmarks.
How to add a bookmark in winamp then? I dont see anything with that option D:

Old 1st July 2014, 16:57   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

Right click above the main player panel/window (or anywhere that displays the main context menu). Point to the "Bookmarks" command. You can select to add the currently playing item to the list, edit previously added items, or chose an item previously added for playback (highlight the item, then press Shift+Enter on the keyboard or press Shift and left click on the item).

If you don't see this context menu command, then you probably didn't install the official "ml_bookmarks.dll" plug-in. If you have this plug-in, there should also be a Bookmarks section in the media library (listing on the left).

When you select a SHOUTcast station for playback, it replaces what was in the playlist editor's listing. DrO wrote a great plug-in (link below) for getting the previous listing back.

http://winampplugins.co.uk/plu.html

Last edited by Aminifu; 1st July 2014 at 17:59.
Old 1st July 2014, 18:04   #14
ChiggyChiggy

Ah i see it now, it works, just wasnt easy to guess lol. Is there any way to make the bookmarks part have a dropdown the same way the playlist section does? As in like it shows more when you click the little triangle thing?

Old 1st July 2014, 18:40   #15
Aminifu
Forum King

I don't understand your question. There should be a panel in the media library for showing and working with the bookmarks.

Old 1st July 2014, 18:46   #16
ChiggyChiggy

In winamp theres a small triangle that lets you see more items or hide them, for example http://i.gyazo.com/72b5f865587311613074a123efbd4dfc.png

You click the triangle and it either shows the things under it or closes them, my bookmarks thing however is like this http://i.gyazo.com/1d21ca43bbfb7c7a577ebd3abf7b39de.png

Ive added things in it but i cant view them the same way you would with media library categories or playlists

Old 1st July 2014, 18:52   #17
Aminifu
Forum King

Strange. You do have that plug-in, right? The bookmarks should be displayed in the panel to the right. They are not listed under the heading on the left. Try restarting Winamp.

Old 1st July 2014, 19:11   #18
ChiggyChiggy

Yes i do, i install everything that comes in Winamp's installer :P

They are on the right, i mean how to make the bookmark category have a small triangle? heres how mine looks like http://i.gyazo.com/779d781a874009e03ad5b028c5e8e7d8.png

You know, like to cascade and stuff? Im not sure if thats the right word to describe it

Old 1st July 2014, 20:35   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, I finally understand. It doesn't need that, imo, since everything is listed on the right. It is similar to the History section, which doesn't cascade.

Probably the only thing that would be listed on the left would be the bookmark titles (like the playlists names under the Playlists heading) and then you would have to select each bookmark separately to see it's associated filename or url.

Maybe it would be useful to have categories listed under the Bookmarks heading and then the bookmarks could be sorted and listed by type or something like that. But then the category/type/? would have to be added when the bookmark is saved. Or maybe more info could be added on the right, like the date the bookmark was made.

Things can always be expanded on, but the Bookmarks section works for me like it is.

And, in reference to the title of this thread, there is a GP - Media Library - Online Services option to allow sections to auto-resize, but it currently does nothing for the SHOUTcast page. Maybe that is still being worked on.

Old 1st July 2014, 22:26   #20
MarkRH

DrO had a ML Bookmark Categorizer plug-in that would let you place bookmarks into a category like: 80s, Techno, or whatever you wanted. Then would add those categories under the Bookmarks menu on the left (which would expand down) to just look at the bookmarks for that category. But.. it's not available on his plug-in site anymore. I still have version 1.2 in my decade or more archive of all things Winamp which is like 4 years old.

It still seems to work but I'm not sure exactly how compatible it is with the newest versions of Winamp.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:44   #21
DrO

ml_bkmk isn't available as it's not had a full code review applied to it like the other plug-ins which are currently available. and i'm not sure if it'll be made available again or not as it'd make more sense to merge it into the native ml_bookmarks plug-in anyway.

but if that was available, it would allow for the categorisation aspects that are being talked about above.

but natively, the bookmark support is just one view, one list and no means to categorise them as ChiggyChiggy seems to think Winamp can already do (which it can only with a plug-in currently) so that's why there is no child arrow for the bookmarks node.
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:15   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
ml_bkmk isn't available as it's not had a full code review applied to it like the other plug-ins which are currently available. and i'm not sure if it'll be made available again or not as it'd make more sense to merge it into the native ml_bookmarks plug-in anyway.
That was one of the few I didn't check out before it was pulled. You wrote so many helpful plug-ins.

Going forward, after the Radionomy release, I'm sure it would be useful to merge it into the native ml_bookmarks plug-in in order to provide a way of organizing bookmarks. I suggest doing that or adding a search box to the bookmarks panel.

Old 2nd July 2014, 20:41   #23
DrO

well it's currently work on Winamp + SHOUTcast or try to do things on my plug-ins and currently the later is not getting a look in (which is probably how it should be anyway).

what i do in the long run is still to be decided, but that functionality was always going to be less 'hinky' if done natively than via the hacks i had to do to get it working in the fist place.
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:53   #24
MarkRH

Since we're talking about bookmarks what would also be nice is that when you bookmark something that is playing, it creates the bookmark with the currently playing artist and song (whatever is showing in the playlist) instead of just the Radio Station name. Right now, I have to edit the bookmark each time and remove that part. Not a big deal, granted, but would be nice not needing to do that.

Not sure why I didn't ask about that years ago... heh.
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:55   #25
DrO

because it's doing the easiest option (especially with how SHOUTcast bookmarks used to work where you just get an url and a description string) as not everything being bookmarked is going to be queryable as-is against a playing item e.g. bookmarking a playlist.
Old 3rd July 2014, 01:39   #26
ChiggyChiggy

Moments like these make me more anxious for the 6.xx Winamp if this is going to be one the features in it lol.

Just to clarify, this was what i meant with the bookmark thing being like with the playlists, now in gif form to explain it better since i suck at explaining stuff!

http://i.gyazo.com/ee3db87f6a1a13a185acdb5a4e87f26a.gif

As opposed to being just like... this

http://i.gyazo.com/aa65c5391015e0e821ee87421385d1db.png

Old 3rd July 2014, 01:44   #27
ChiggyChiggy

Also from earlier, it was mentioned when i said something about possible feature if a plugin was to be used but that bookmarks can do the same thing, well... it doesnt >.>

If you have a page on shoutcast that youre searching in and want to keep that searched page from going, youll have to stay on that page always, bookmarking it just bookmarks the station that was currently playing.

Old 3rd July 2014, 02:00   #28
DrO

Quote:
Just to clarify, this was what i meant with the bookmark thing being like with the playlists, now in gif form to explain it better since i suck at explaining stuff!
that's exactly what my plug-in added.
Old 3rd July 2014, 04:38   #29
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Also from earlier, it was mentioned when i said something about possible feature if a plugin was to be used but that bookmarks can do the same thing, well... it doesnt >.>

If you have a page on shoutcast that youre searching in and want to keep that searched page from going, youll have to stay on that page always, bookmarking it just bookmarks the station that was currently playing.
In post #10 above, you mentioned several things. I only responded to 1 of them in post #11. I did not say (or meant to imply) that a bookmark would save a "searched page". Sorry if you got that impression.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
scale, shoutcast, shoutcast in winamp, winamp, window size