Old 2nd February 2011, 17:01   #1
elliott94

SC_Trans with Icecast

Hi everyone.

I've been experimenting with the idea of running SC_Trans on my server that's running Icecast, and just realised that it doesn't officially support it. I seem to recall seeing something last year, however, that was talking about setting mountpoints in SC_Trans - is this the case, or am I just imagining things?

Thanks a lot.

Elliott.
elliott94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:27   #2
DrO

not having ever used Icecast i'm not sure but i'd assume that it'll accept at least v1 SHOUTcast sources so as long as sc_trans is set to run in that mode then it should hopefully work with it. basically you'd have to give it a go and see - from a quick search it's not clear if it will or won't though seems to lean more towards a yes.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:04   #3
elliott94

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case; I configured my port and password, but obviously there isn't any place for a mountpoint (unless I'm missing something?)

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Elliott.
elliott94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:46   #4
DrO

without trying i can only go by what i saw from a brief search though i'd have expected there to have been some sort of details on how to use SHOUTcast sources (like the Source DSP). as Icecast isn't really a supported tool for the SHOUTcast tools to work with there isn't any official details on getting the two to work so you're going to have to hope someone else might have an idea or some further searching / Icecast docs reading might help.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
icecast, icecast2, mountpoint, sc_trans, shoutcast