Old 7th January 2011, 13:48   #1
LucicX

jump to file menu problems

Hi guys, I have problems with starting jump to file menu with j key when the playlist is toggled in new version of winamp. There is a solve to this problem? Is uncomfortable starting the menu with f3 key. Thanks.
LucicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 23:07   #2
JonnyMac

Can not reproduce the issue.
Are you using a language/localization pack for Winamp?
Are you using a third party modern skin? Modern skins can change shortcut keys.
Was the J key accidentally assigned in global hotkeys? Winamp > Ctrl+P (for Preferences) > General Preferences > Global Hotkeys
Maybe a third party plug-in has altered the shortcut key?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 18:45   #3
LucicX

I'm using romanian version of Winamp 5.6. No plugins, no addons, no hotkeys

later edit: seems it's solved, kind of.

the issue that I was talking about is present only in romanian vers. of winamp. The En-Us seems to be ok.
LucicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 18:15   #4
johnybmb

Hi guys!
Didn't want to start a new thread since I'm also having a problem with JTFE. I have Winamp 5.581 installed with JTFE 1.2.3 build 1151. The problem is that when I press J within the playlist, I don't get JTFE, but the default jump to file box of winamp, which has a search box, the playlist in a scrolling text box and a cancel button under it. I've tried reinstalling jtfe, but to no success. This happened to me once in the past and it only got fixed after I reinstalled the OS. Reinstalling winamp doesn't fix the problem. What am I doing wrong? Is it a problem that cannot be fixed other than reinstalling windows? Could the problem lie in the registry? Any suggestion is welcome.
Thank you in advance
johnybmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 18:33   #5
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins will make it easier to work out what else is in your install which might be causing it though i know that certain Windows Shell replacements will break the ability of the plug-in to integrate and override the original JTF window.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 19:07   #6
johnybmb

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm not sure what could be causing the problem, nothing else seems to be wrong in winamp, except for the fact that when I press Q on a highlighted item in the playlist, no cue number appears to the left of the time length of the song, like you would normally expect, i.e., instead of " 133. Artist - Song [1] 03:30 " the item remains highlighted but like " 133. Artist - Song 03:30 ", although I think this problem is linked to the main JTFE issue...
I will check the link you provided and see if that helps me in any way
Once again, thank you!
Old 21st February 2011, 19:15   #7
DrO

the plug-in list is more to help me to work out what is in your setup as i cannot start to look into the issue otherwise. and just to check, you are only doing 'q' in the main playlist editor and not the media library playlist views?

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 19:35   #8
johnybmb

I use the q key in the main playlist editor only, haven't used media library playlist...
Old 21st February 2011, 19:36   #9
DrO

that's fine, just wanted to make sure as have been a few people of late thinking the media library playlists are the same as the main playlist editor and wondering why things aren't working the same.

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 19:46   #10
johnybmb

tried to use the One For Nunz 5.1 but it doesn't generate the txt file with the list of plugins, I used the exact steps found on the link you gave

Edit: I found a winamp.ini file in the Application Data/Winamp dir, and that file also contains some Jump To File Extra settings. Could JTFE be enabled by modifying those settings, because many of them seem to define JTFE characteristics.
Old 21st February 2011, 20:14   #11
DrO

there isn't any means to enable / disable the jtfe plug-in with any of the recent versions. tbh, it sounds like something is messing around with things especially if the one for nunz report isn't working (as that uses a similar method to hook things as jtfe does).

maybe try using the external version of One for Nunz (is further down the link i posted earlier). have you changed anything else with the OS like an alternative shell or enable some A/V software and set it to a high level of security?

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 20:20   #12
johnybmb

well, if I think about it, my AV (BitDefender IS 2011) is set to maximum level of security. I'll try to lower the sec. level, and see if that works...

Edit: still no succes...

Edit2: the external nunzio app worked and it successfully generated the reports. should I paste the text in my reply?
Old 21st February 2011, 20:29   #13
DrO

is easier to post it as an attachment (requires using the 'go advanced' option when posting).

-daz
Old 21st February 2011, 20:32   #14
johnybmb

These are the reports

Edit: GTG now, will be back tomorrow, looking forward to your answer. Thank you for helping me!
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_ext.txt (3.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: txt my_plugin_compat_list.txt (1.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:40   #15
DrO

well i've looked at the plug-in list and there's nothing jumping out which would be preventing jtfe or even the one for nunz plug-in from working.

as far as i can tell, something is preventing the plug-ins from hooking some OS apis they need and that's why none of the functionality is working. alas there's not much i can really suggest as it seems like something else installed on the machine is preventing access.

-daz
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:23   #16
johnybmb

Thanks anyway! I'll try uninstalling other programs, one at a time and see which one causes this problem. I suspect it is a codec pack that I installed, but not sure, that will be the first to go and if it isn't the culprit then I'll continue uninstalling other software... I hope I'll discover the cause of this issue, and I'll post my findings here. I will also try disabling the AV temporarily, and see if that works.
Once again, thank you!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support