Old 5th April 2011, 16:34   #1
Ameran

Winamp v5.61 queues the wrong "double" song

Hi all,

I have an unusual behavior of Winamp which started when I upgraded to v5.61.

I have a really long playlist of say 1500 files or so, and I keep it sorted so that the whole albums are in the upper part, and just some songs from those albums are in the lower part of the playlist.
Now, when I am listening songs from the lower part of the playlist with various artists, if I want to queue the song that is say, 12 places under the one that is currently playing, when I press "Q" Winamp queues the one this in the beginning of the playlist, in the albums part, like 1200 places away.

How can I prevent Winamp to do this, how do I make it queue the "lower" song in the playlist, and not the "upper" one?

P.S. Those are the same files, taken from the same album on the hard drive, I just have them 2 times in the playlist. Windows Vista Business SP1, as OS.

I Hope someone knows the solution to this.
Thank a lot!
Ameran
Ameran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 17:02   #2
DrO

the JTFE plug-in which implements the 'q' feature will never be able to do what you're wanting unless changes are made in Winamp itself and is how it has been since i created the plug-in back in 2004. the reason is how the plug-in attempts to track movements in the playlist editor's contents and if there's more than one instance of a file then the first is the one that gets used since once playlist change happens, it's not sensible to assume the position of playlist items and so a refresh happens of the file positions leading to the first occurrence being used. maybe one day i'll get around to sorting out a patch for Winamp but that's wishful thinking on my part (and having the time) to do it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 20:36   #3
Ameran

Oh DrO...

Ah well, then I guess I will have to make 2 playlists or something.
If you ever decide to work on that, rest assured there will be at least one person to support it.

Thanx for the reply.

Cheers,
Ameran.
Ameran is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
double song, playlist, queue