Old 31st July 2011, 19:59   #1
amill

Manual Playlist Advance Behavior

I have been using Winamp as a primary player since the stone age - .88 or .91 I think.

I sat on a very early build of Winamp 5 forever and "Manual Playlist Advance"(MPA) would ignore the queue on "next" and select a track on as if the queue was empty.

I upgraded recently to 5.621 and MPA honors the queue but does not manually advance, it simply plays the entire queue and then loops the last track if you have Repeat on or stops playback if you don't.

I think we need a bit more control; I would like to see an option to loop the entire queue on MPA as well as an option to loop the current track and then honor the queue on "Next"

I am a programmer and I find it disturbing sometimes when a track changes and prefer (admittedly, to the annoyance of everyone in ear shot) that a track loop for awhile (until I notice it repeating and hit "Next") and then it move on to the next track in the queue.

LONG LIVE FUSION AMPDECK 2!
amill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 20:06   #2
DrO

when you say 'queue' are you referring to the queue from pressing 'q' on an item (or via the jump to file dialog) or the general contents of the playlist editor?

if it's the first then something will be done to rectify that at some point as people wanted it to ignore MPA (hence the change) but now a few people like yourself (if i'm right) want it to follow MPA. it just means i need to sort out adding an extra option to to the jtfe plug-in to allow for toggling between the two desired modes.

Quote:
I have been using Winamp as a primary player since the stone age - .88 or .91 I think.
btw, that might be tricky since Winamp didn't appear until 1997

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 20:20   #3
amill

I am speaking of Winamp Version .88 or thereabouts; well before AOL and a playlist editor, MPA, doublesize or EQ

I interface with Winamp using a global "Jump to file" shortcut - I build a queue there and with MPA on, it plays through the entire queue rather than manually advancing.

If repeat is on, it (sometimes) loops the last track in the queue. (or sometimes stops)

Also, I am using a 2.x "Classic" skin and I have a simple Rainmeter skin I wrote that snags the Song Title and current playback time (which is totally passive), which I have attached.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Winamp-White.7z (669 Bytes, 183 views)
Old 31st July 2011, 20:33   #4
DrO

rightio, so was what i thought which is a request for the plug-in i've had on my todo list for well over a year now. will see if i manage to sort anything out during the coming week (is the only coding time i've got for my own projects, which includes the JTFE plug-in which implements the JTF queue). if not, it'll probably be 2012 i get around to it, heh.

-daz
Old 31st July 2011, 20:40   #5
amill

Any help is appreciated greatly! I've bookmarked your site and will be watching.
Old 14th November 2011, 03:40   #6
amill

Dropping by to prod you a bit and see if there is any news.....
Old 14th November 2011, 12:47   #7
DrO

haven't forgotten but time never happened to work on it (was a struggle enough to get in some of the bug fixes in the plug-in i needed to get done for the 5.622 release - though there's a newer build out since then). will post back when i finally get it implemented.

-daz
Old 30th November 2011, 04:15   #8
sierraskatherine

It's a great job.
sierraskatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
ambiguous, inconsistency, malfunction, manual playlist advance, queue