Old 8th May 2020, 07:50   #521
powersourze

Hi!

Yes, i currently have both 3.1 and 3.3 installed if i check the skins in Winamp.
Do i need to remove both versions and reinstall 3.3 to get the VU-meter and Visualizer for mainplayer to work you think? I found color-changer and spent some time with it, so rather not reinstall the skin =)

Was hoping to have some preinstalled colors, since it saves alot of time =)
powersourze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2020, 15:27   #522
Aminifu
Forum King

I don't know if trying to use both versions will cause problems. I'm only using 3.1. You should see the the visualizer and vu-meter on main player in the long list of Quinto Black CT options. If not, or they don't work, it could be because you have conflicting configuration data for both versions in your studio.xnf file.

The first time you use a modern skin the configuration data for it is saved in the studio.xnf file. Select the version of Quinto you want to use then close Winamp and delete the studio.xnf file or move it to another folder for safe keeping. After that, the 1st time you restart Winamp you will need to configure the version of Quinto you had selected again (i.e. change from the defaults you don't want). The 1st time you switch to another modern skin you will need to also change it's defaults that you don't want.

Yes, it does take time to configure things in Quinto the way you want. That's why I'm still using 3.1. This skin has so many options (maybe too many), which is both the good and bad of using it. However you only have to do this once (if you don't keep changing things).

The developer removed the color themes and added the RGB Color Changer because users kept asking for more color themes. So now we do the coloring work instead of him.

TIP: Make a note of the changes you have made for all your modern skins (especially the colors in Quinto) before deleting the studio.xnf file. Don't try to rely on your memory, it's too much stuff to remember. Also it's not a bad idea to keep notes of all changes made to other parts of Winamp. It's a rare thing, but corruption of configuration data files can happen.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Last edited by Aminifu; 8th May 2020 at 16:34.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2020, 19:26   #523
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quinto Black CT v3.4 released

ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2020, 20:45   #524
Paultx

After I unzip the archive, move its stuff to Winamp's Plugins folder and apply Quinto using the Skins menu option, it doesn't work. Instead, Winamp changes from the Modern to the Classic skin and jumps from the bottom right to almost the top left of the screen.

What's wrong? Is there something I am missing or should do?

Winamp 5.666 Build 3516 (x86) running on Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18.363.900) (64-bit) here.

TIA.

Winamp 5.666 3516
Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
Paultx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 05:09   #525
Aminifu
Forum King

A skin is not a plug-in. Put the archive is the Winamp Skins subfolder. Winamp can open the archive on it's own. Alternately, you can create a subfolder under the Skins folder and put the contents of the archive there.

Quinto Black CT v3.5 was just released.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2020, 01:55   #526
Renan.Spolon

By far the best Skin, and now with this new "classic" feature it's perfect!

De longe a melhor Skin, e agora com essa nova funcionalidade "clássica" ficou perfeito!
Renan.Spolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor