Old 15th June 2010, 05:51   #1
Drewshbag

Milkdrop won't respond to audio

Winamp has worked on this computer and operating system (windows 7 x64) before, but recently, Milkdrop has stopped responding to the music. It shows the visualization just fine, except that there is no audio responsiveness. This happened not as a result of a reinstall, or driver update, but just out of the blue. Reinstalls, rollbacks, driver updates, driver rollbacks, default visualizer settings, and even a system restore have all done nothing to help this problem. I was searching through this forum, and found a few questions about this same problem, none of which were replied to. PLEASE help me fix this so that I can enjoy Milkdrop like I used to!
Drewshbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 16:53   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Have you installed more than one audio card in your system ?
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 05:58   #3
Drewshbag

No, I made no modifications to my computer whatsoever when the visualizations stopped responding to music.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I was messing around with some alternate visualizers for Winamp, and when I switched back to Milkdrop it stopped working.
Old 19th June 2010, 09:03   #4
Drewshbag

Okay, I have determined that it is Winamp that wont let the visualizers respond to music. I downloaded Morphyre for both Winamp and iTunes. The Winamp version does not respond to the music, while the iTunes version responds to the music. So I guess the question now is how do I get Winamp to let the visualizers respond to the music?
Old 19th June 2010, 10:23   #5
Drewshbag

I fixed it, I just needed to download 5.56 instead of 5.57
Old 19th June 2010, 10:26   #6
Nitorami
Major Dude

which output do you use ? You may check under options/pugins/output if at least one of both works, direct sound or wave output.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum