Old 8th March 2012, 23:32   #1
Bagelzinho

Cannot Create Authhash

When I try to create a authhash the genre, country and language gets stuck on loading and when i press create authhash key it just takes me back to to admin.cgi page again with the create authash selection again? I have been looking around the forum to find an answer. I founf just one answer where you gave an authhash key yourself. Please help. Thanks
Bagelzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 23:35   #2
DrO

what version and OS build of the v2 DNAS are you using?
also what browser are you trying to use?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2012, 23:59   #3
Bagelzinho

I am using win7 with ie9. shoutcast version 2.0.0.29
Old 9th March 2012, 00:16   #4
DrO

make sure you've followed http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=331394#IE and that when you're running the DNAS it has write permissions in the folder it is run from (either run as an administrator or use a folder not in 'program files'.

-daz
Old 9th March 2012, 05:29   #5
Bagelzinho

I have done everything that is said in the thread. At first the content was not showing then I added 127.0.0.1 to trusted sites, then refreshed it. When it was refreshed the create authash button apeared but this time as I said in first thread the genre, country and language is stuck on loading in ie9. My folder was under program files (x86) and I have put it under another folder but still experienceing the same problem.
Old 9th March 2012, 08:34   #6
DrO

well everything i linked to / suggested is what has generally fixed things to work when people have been trying to use IE with the build you are using (and i know that it's not able to get the dropdown values, hence saying to lessen the settings).

the other thing to try is setting ypaddr=64.12.96.225 in your config file as it could be something is blocking the yp.shoutcast.com dns resolution. otherwise try a different browser and if that doesn't work then there's little else i can do without possibly logging into the dnas server and trying it out myself to see what errors are happening.

-daz
Old 9th March 2012, 11:51   #7
Bagelzinho

Thank you. It worked. But now Im facing this error Error code 480. If I get my radio station working Im gonna pop a champagnee )
Old 9th March 2012, 11:59   #8
DrO

i've updated the authhash help page with http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....779532#dnsfail which covers the issue you've seen.

see http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ll.2FISP_cache. about the 480 error code i.e. you've probably not opened 'portbase'.

-daz
Old 10th March 2012, 19:41   #9
Bagelzinho

I have gotten my listing in the yp directory and I can listen it through ip adresss in any web browsers. However in my iphone Radyo application unders shoutcast it is listed but cannot be listened to.. And I get this in my log before it says it is listed in yp.

shoutcast 1 client connection rejected. stream not available. shoutcast directory tester
shotucast 1 client connection closed.
Old 10th March 2012, 21:26   #10
DrO

'shoutcast directory tester' is completely normal as without that your stream will not be listed - it checks to make sure that the DNAS is actually accessible for clients to connect to it.

-daz
Old 10th March 2012, 23:52   #11
Bagelzinho

I undertstand. But I cant listen to it in my iphone application even though I can see it
Old 11th March 2012, 21:54   #12
DrO

i have no idea why it won't work in the iPhone app you're using - maybe it just doesn't like the stream for some reason but as i don't have an iPhone then there is no way for me to test it out on that. then again it could be a general issue with the stream but without anything to try to connect to, there's little else i or anyone else can really do to help further.

-daz
Old 13th March 2012, 11:23   #13
Bagelzinho

Are there different ports that I can use to connect to DNAS server? Or If I change the stream ID, do you think that would help?
Old 13th March 2012, 12:00   #14
DrO

you can only connect to the DNAS server using what was specified for 'portbase' when it was started. port 8000 can be blocked at times by some networks and people do move to other ports like 8080 or 80 or something more random but you could be moving things around and causing more issues when it could just be a specific issue to the app you're trying to use.

changing the stream id will have no effect other than giving you a non-existent stream in most cases - the stream id is only there for giving control to access multiple streams if they are available from the server so if you've only got one stream running and no stream if is specified it will default to the only one available.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support