Old 13th September 2012, 05:39   #1
p0rt

calandar events dont work

the transcoder scan folder priority/arhive/ for playlists and loads the first playlist it finds and starts playing

the transocder does`nt use the playlistfilepath keys, and any set priority or time and duration for any playlist will not start playing when it has been scheduled to play
p0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 06:09   #2
p0rt

works in 07_29_2011 and not 10_07_2011 , except for the playlistpath configuration key
Old 13th September 2012, 10:40   #3
DrO

examples please as just saying things don't work is of no benefit to anyone.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 12:53   #4
p0rt

what kind of examples,. when the transcoder first loads up [ current release 10_07_2011 ], it will not use the playlistpath configuration key and scan a random folder

if you have multiple playlists in the random folder which is priority/archive/ , all playlists are registered, but only the first file found will play and no timed schedule playlist events will happen

if its a global bug and gets fixed, they can add a timeends to the calandar too so your not forced to use duration and do some tedius math for the mins/seconds
Old 13th September 2012, 13:59   #5
DrO

configuration files is what i mean for examples. you can talk about things as much as you like but a real configuration file showing the actual issue is far easier for me to test and attempt to replicate the issue.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:20   #6
p0rt

no worries, its just my control panel using a duff config key, and you can already use endtime in the <calandar xml

so it works, just not in control panel fix, i update the download in a few
Old 13th September 2012, 14:22   #7
DrO

ok
Old 13th September 2012, 14:33   #8
p0rt

i think endtime only works if there is another event scheduled to start when the endtime is reached, and the event wont stop and play the mast playlist

endtime does`nt work

code:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<eventlist>

<event type='playlist'>
<playlist loopatend='1' shuffle='1' priority='1' >playlist_1</playlist>
<calendar starttime='15:34:00' endtime='15:40:00' repeat='127' />

</event>

<event type='playlist'>
<playlist loopatend='1' shuffle='1' priority='1' >playlist_2</playlist>
<calendar starttime='16:00:00' endtime='16:34:00' repeat='127' />

</event>

</eventlist>

endtime works

code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<eventlist>

<event type='playlist'>
<playlist loopatend='1' shuffle='1' priority='1' >playlist_1</playlist>
<calendar starttime='15:34:00' endtime='15:40:00' repeat='127' />

</event>

<event type='playlist'>
<playlist loopatend='1' shuffle='1' priority='1' >playlist_2</playlist>
<calendar starttime='15:40:00' endtime='16:40:00' repeat='127' />

</event>

</eventlist>

Old 13th September 2012, 15:38   #9
MADxHAWK

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i still havent fond the parameter "endtime" in the documentation. where can i get infos about it?

greetz
MAD
MADxHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 15:42   #10
DrO

MADxHAWK: it's mentioned in http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...n#Calendar_Tag but only once along with a reference to starttime.

p0rt: i will check it out when i'm back working on sc_trans. though yes it is likely that if there's not another event then endtime will be ignored (the handling of events needs to be re-checked and changed due to some other requirements anyway).

-daz
Old 13th September 2012, 16:44   #11
p0rt

but ignoring endtime defeats the point in being able to schedule a playlist which might just be a pre-recorded show mp3
Old 13th September 2012, 17:06   #12
DrO

geez, i _clearly_ said, when i'm working on sc_trans again then i will look into it and fix it as needed. this is why sc_trans is clearly marked as being BETA software.

/me walks away
Old 13th September 2012, 18:30   #13
p0rt

proper job, station can have 100s of headliner dj`s doing prerecorded shows, and winamps dsp for the stoners on a fully automated station
Old 14th September 2012, 09:34   #14
DrO

endtime doesn't work because it's not valid and is a left over from an earlier implementation - duration is what needs to be used to determine when the event is active till (is good to know we're all reading the documentation properly ).

-daz
Old 14th September 2012, 12:05   #15
p0rt

endtime is better and more convenient to generate schedules and integrate shoutcast into your site

the master playlist should play if no event has been scheduled. if you schedule a playlist, it should play when starttime comes and end with endtime

if you upload a pre recorded show because someone is on holiday, and cannot do their show, and schedule a playlist to play the pre recorded show instead, it will not work as the transcoder works now
Old 14th September 2012, 12:21   #16
p0rt

and if there isnt already, then admin needs a ajax command or something to reload the calandar.xml without having to shutdown and restart the transcoder
Old 14th September 2012, 12:21   #17
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rt View Post
endtime is better and more convenient to generate schedules and integrate shoutcast into your site
well it's not being added as duration is there. there is no further discussion on that. if you don't like that then i suggest you code your own transcoder.

Quote:
the master playlist should play if no event has been scheduled. if you schedule a playlist, it should play when starttime comes and end with endtime
sc_trans doesn't do _hard_ transitions on playlists (only DJ and Relay events) and that is what i have to assume you're talking about. if so then i have acknowledged MULTIPLE times that it will be added in a future release.

Quote:
if you upload a pre recorded show because someone is on holiday, and cannot do their show, and schedule a playlist to play the pre recorded show instead, it will not work as the transcoder works now
i know it doesn't work as people want it to. how many times do i have to say IT WILL BE CHANGED!!! FFS
Old 14th September 2012, 12:39   #18
p0rt

so whats to hard in adding 2 lines of code to use

( endtime || duration ) >= val {
stream->getnext();

the servers still need ajax to just reload main.conf file to make like easy, all the other ajax commands are worthless unless you do not have your own dedicated box to run your servers and website on
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions