Old 9th September 2012, 19:07   #1
Xydrail

How to get a Report out of the logs?

I'm just craving the whole network after some open source Log Parsers. I found 3 interesting Tools from Dragonwire, Xitara and Starnetwork.
What i want is to get statistics from shoutcast, on which daytime are the most users online, who and how much unique listeners, where are they came from and so on. I prefer an graphical output, but if that is not possible I can make them in my own in SPSS.

The problem is that none of those tools work for me... I tried everything for almost 3 days with a lack sleeptime.
I run those programms in XAMPP, on several servers (without the server where shoutcast are) but i tried to load the logs manually. Another problem is that the file sc_serv is not the log i am searching for, i found serveral interesting files but i dont know the right one.

Maybe one of you guys here have a clue what to do.

PS: Sorry for my bad english i am from Germany (But I am not one of those guys who cant spell th )
Xydrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 23:13   #2
Xydrail

- Apparently the zip file contains three different (but also mixed wild because someone can not properly use the zip program) programs with more or less the same purpose

- Program Number 1 "LogParse" is an old program in PERL. They should call it, then answer a few questions and then it was supposed to generate new Perl files that parse the log and turn it into a graph. The Config-fuss works, but the works unfortunately not generate the files. Not continue to debug.

- Program Number 2 "Radio Statistics" sounds very promising. The documentation describes it as a PHP program (easy to call any system with installed PHP with php <filename>). Unfortunately, located in the directory supplied no PHP as the description says, but PERL code. What kind of nonsense is that?

- The third program "SN_SLP" actually works still best after configuring it generates HTML code anyway. But it contains so many errors that more error messages appears as code (Made in Romania). In any case, you must turn off the server in SAFE_MODE so the thing at all can access files. That's half a decade not even exist.
Old 12th September 2012, 00:48   #3
chophouse

Which logs are you feeding these programs? Is it the sc_w3c.log file or is it something else?

Listen to Blues Debut
The freshest blues tracks 24/7
www.bluesdebut.com
chophouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 10:35   #4
Xydrail

No, actually a log called sc_serv_prod.log. I dont build the Server, this persons seems to be on vacation and I need a good report so bad.
At the moment I am playing around with Jasperreports. I have recognized that shoutcast deletes logs o.0.. this thingy is harder than i expected...
Old 12th September 2012, 21:33   #5
chophouse

How do you access "sc_serv_prod.log" ?? The only log I can get to is ''sc_w3c.log"

I'm thinking about building a log parser with Python, but I can't seem to get to the right log data. It'll be a project for me as I'm relatively new to Python having only built about a dozen Python scripts. But liker you, I need a convenient, reliable way to get this info.

Listen to Blues Debut
The freshest blues tracks 24/7
www.bluesdebut.com
chophouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
log, parsing, reporting, sc_serv.log