Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 21st August 2006, 12:48   #81
Goldrocker

video & Direct3D

crashes EVERY time when a Direct3D application is the primary thread and winamp is running in the background and starts opening a video file. I've experienced this when i was playing either Warcraft 3 or World of Warcraft and winamp was trying to load allmost any type of movie file or music video(i'm 100% sure it crashes if it's a WMV and pretty sure about MPGs and AVIs too). I'm using the newest(so far) available wich would be v5.24. I'm using 2 plug-ins other than the basic ones included in the Winamp Full package: Toaster for Winamp Classic 0.7.7 and Y! Amp M8. My system spec is the following:

Intel Pentium 4 630 @3.60 GHz
Asus P5P800 Motherboard
2xPQI DDR400 512MB
Leadtek Winfast A360Ultra(nVidia GeForce FX 5700Ultra chipset) with ForceWare v91.31 and BIOS v4.36.20.35
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Player with WHQL Driver v5.12.0001.1164
DirectX 9.0c April 2006 (4.09.0000.0904)
My computer is running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 installed.

To reproduce this bug all we have to do is start winamp, look for allmost any video file in the playlist, put it in the queue(or just make sure that the video will be the next media plays) start playing the songs(with the video as the next song that will come), start a direct3D application (I've experienced the bug with both Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft) and wait until the current song finishes. As it finishes and tries to go over to the video file we've queued, the computer gets a bit bigger load and after about 2-3 sec. crashes. This reproduction should work without having the Toaster plug-in I have, because it has nothing to do with playing video files. Therefore I doubt that it could be producing the error. And for my other plug-in(Y! Amp M8), I've been experiencing this bug before I installed that plug-in, so it doesn't make any difference.

Thank you

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't repro this with a clean install of 5.25 public beta (we're not really looking at old 5.24 any more, heh).
Goldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2006, 22:37   #82
naumaxos

winamp crashes whenever i try to correct multiple id3-tags.this also happened with previous versions of winamp (i think after 5.21 or a little earlier).my pc p4 2.6Ghz 1024 Ram, intel D865PERL motherboard,geforce fx 5200, windows xp pro sp2.i only use msn now playing plugin and the tray notify plugin...this is the error report.i could use your help as these ongoing crashes can be quite irritating...i couldn't find any similar crashes so...here it is...(i would feel quite stupid if this has been covered before)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known and fixed in 5.25. If the crash still occurs in 5.25 then it must be one of your 3rd-party plugins to blame.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 8ef7_appcompat.txt (38.4 KB, 350 views)
naumaxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 21:07   #83
naumaxos

that seems to work.thank you very much.you're very fast...i hope that this thing that happens when you move around songs in the playlist (and queued songs disappear) is because it's a beta version
naumaxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 21:42   #84
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, not sure what you mean exactly. Please report any issues with 5.25 beta in the 5.25 beta thread only. And include the full step-by-step method of reproduction.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2006, 03:59   #85
Dakidark

Send a message via AIM to Dakidark
This problem occurs when watching video using the latest version of winamp. I believe it occured before too, but I'm not sure. If you are using either windows XP or 2003 and have the welcome screen disabled, when a video is playing and you hit ctrl-alt-del, it brings up the windows security window. If you hit cancel or task manager it will bring you back to the normal screen (with the task manager if requested), and the video will continue to play, but the video becomes distorted and hard to see. This continues even if the playback is stopped and started again. You have to restart winamp to fix it. As far as I can tell, it has to do with the security window and not the task manager being opened, and I also have no issues if the welcome screen is on and the security window doesn't come up.

Problem System:
Motherboard make/model: Intel D945PSN
CPU & RAM: Intel Pentium D 2.8 Ghz, 2GB RAM
Sound card or chip: Onboard Sound
Videocard: ATI Radeon x800 XL
Windows OS: Tested on Windows XP Pro SP2 and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1
DirectX version: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Winamp version: 5.24
Winamp installation type: Pro
Whether you chose 'separate' or 'shared' user settings on the multi-user page: Shared

Hijack-This Log
Dakidark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 07:02   #86
Kurasu

WAV-based Bug Report

Bug: WinAmp 5.24 cannot play WAVs (and possibly other file formats, but WAVs are the only ones I've come across) that are extremely small in length (less than a second of straight sound).

Reproduction: The WAVs below (three zipped into one file; each one less than 20K in size) would not play under any circumstances for me; I would press 'play' after loading it into WinAMP and no sound would come through, either on auto-starting by double-clicking the file, pressing play after the file was loaded, or using the 'open file' option in WinAMP itself. Loading the same files into Media Player allowed them to be heard just fine, both in the original 'play with...' and in just pressing 'play'.

Specs are Dell Dim2350 with 128M RAM
Windows XP wi. SP1 (need to get 2 one of these days)
Clean install of WinAMP 5.24 done very recently (with total erasure of old files and plugins), and no plugins which did not come with the install (except for the fixed MIDI plugin)
Attached Files
File Type: zip soundeffects.zip (26.9 KB, 308 views)
Kurasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 11:56   #87
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Kurasu

Winamp > Prefs > Plugins > Output:
DirectSound Output (out_ds.dll) > config > Buffering tab:
Decrease "Buffer ahead on track change" value
(default is 500ms, try anything between 0-250ms)

Note: this setting is required for gapless playback (eg. gapless mix cd's)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 20:08   #88
Kurasu

Fixed! Thanks great muchly. Thought it might be a plugin problem, but I figured better safe than sorry.
Kurasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 14:31   #89
hedz

I have a folder with subfolders that have 8512 mp3.
when I make right click and choose play in winamp it crashes winamp after some minutes of 100% cpu utilization and memory peaks to more than 500 MB.
This never happened in previous versions.
If I add the folder to a playlist in media library it works fine, but in playlist editor also crash when add that folder.
hedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2006, 23:11   #90
XNeo2001

Time left display in windowshade mode (classic skin)

OK, this is probably the least important bug ever.
But it's a reproducable bug and so I'll report it anyway - and if the coders solved all other bugs and are very, VERY bored they could take a look after this

To reproduce this bug you need:
- Winamp (tested with 5.24)
- The classic skin
- A file longer than 99:59 minutes

Play the file, switch display to "time remaining" and windowshade mode.
The bug: When the time left drops below 100 minutes, the minus in the first column of the time display is not deleted.

Looks like this:

Greetz,
XNeo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 08:59   #91
itz_faraz

I dont know if this bug has already been reported or not, however I didnt find it with a quick search. Here it is:

When WinAmp is running, and I plug-in my memory card reader into the USB port, it starts giving drive errors.

My card reader has 4 slots i.e. four kinds of memory cards can be inserted into it at the same time. Therefore it creates four new drives in My Computer. But I only use one card in it, thus 3 slots are always empty.

So WinAMP gives Insert Disk In Drive error three times for each of the 3 drives that appeared due to card reader.
itz_faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports