Old 21st October 2003, 18:40   #121
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Araemo
Oh, right!
That's more of a tech support issue than a bug...
Bugs are things that can be reproduced,
either by everyone, or by everyone using a particular hardware setup / item (eg. audigy gamer).
What version of DirectX is installed?
Happens with both DirectSound & WaveOut outputs?
(note: out_ds is recommended for win2k)
Could be out_ds settings maybe?
Any 3rd-party plugins installed?
What else is running at the time?
What's your mobo, cpu & ram?

btw, I can't reproduce it.
I don't have Half-Life (though I'm looking forward to HL2)
but I've run much more powerful/newer games
(GTA-VC, UT2003, Unreal2, Splinter Cell, etc)
and I've never had problems with Winamp running in the background for hours on end.
Old 21st October 2003, 18:46   #122
Vchat20
Major Dude

only 2 issues I can find are as follows:

1) WMA's dont work properly. NULL output plugin doesn not cut them out, they still play audio. shoutcast does not properly broadcast in winamp mode. and none of the sound proccessing DSP's (possibly all DSP's) do anything for the wma.

2) while focused on playlist editor, scroll wheel changes volume and doesnt scroll through playlist. also, sometimes the delete key doesnt like to delete the songs I have selected. most of the time it does delete them, but sometimes it doesnt do anything.

2GHZ Celeron
256MB RAM
Windows XP Home SP1
onboard intel graphics
SoundMAX Digital Audio

keep in mind that all this stuff worked perfectly with winamp 2.91 so obviously they are WA5 bugs and not my machine.

P.S. keep up the good work. I especially like the opacity option

EDIT: #1 is easily fixed by reinstating the old WMA plugin from WA2.6

and, I have found another bug if it has not already been posted. while in Classic mode, if the eq is open, when switching to modern skinds, the classic eq stays open and wont close.
Old 21st October 2003, 18:56   #123
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1.1) The WMA issues are old. Maybe you overwrote your old pre v2.61 version of in_wm with the new one (ie. didn't uncheck support for wma in installer). Search the forums for the two known solutions (keyword: in_wm)

1.2) Shoutcasters should stick with Winamp 2.x until Winamp 5.0 is final. Remember, this is a beta.
There'll probably be a new shoutcast dnas & dsp released (if necessary)

2) Known and fixed in latest internal build
Old 21st October 2003, 19:27   #124
dougieha

Hey DJ Egg...any new thoughts on my window position remembering problem?

Just thought I'd ask.

Also...I'm not sure this is necessarily a bug, but when you go to import playlists from a file, you can only import one at a time...it would be nice if you could mass import playlists.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 21st October 2003, 20:02   #125
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@badrad
blah blah blah i am a smarty
While I am at work right now so I cant try things out (on macs), I didnt notice that unlink preference and hopefully will do the job. Sorry for being ignorant.

Like I said, I know why the double click minivis -> fullscreen vis thing isnt there, but I also know with a little bit of Maki it is easy to add back in.

Quote:
@nifti
Make sure Winamp is in windowsblinds exclude list.
Like I said, I noticed this. I was just wondering if one of two things could happen. First, it would be nice if the scroll bar thing just didnt happen so that the rest of winamp (like the preference dialog) would still inhereit the windowsblinds look. If not possible (and probably not), maybe winamp could add itself to the exclude list? Maybe that is not even possible. I was just trying to bring the issue to light.

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
Also, doubleclicking the songticker should open up the id3 editor, this is no bug, just a simple thing that should really be there..
Yes! Again just a little of maki and you would have it!
Old 21st October 2003, 20:18   #126
nifti

Ok, thanks it helped!

Also I(and many others!) have got a wish for future releases or a future plugin. iPod support! Especially now with the possible future "smart list" features being impleamented and all!

I just can't understand why there isn't any good working plugin for that yet!

Also the library monitoring needs a fine tuning, when I update the tags on some files so they work in the library I can't just presss the "cleanup library" button I have to scan through all files for them to be corrected, please fix it.
Old 21st October 2003, 22:18   #127
Araemo

@DJ Egg:
Quote:
@Araemo
Oh, right!
That's more of a tech support issue than a bug...
Bugs are things that can be reproduced,
either by everyone, or by everyone using a particular hardware setup / item (eg. audigy gamer).
What version of DirectX is installed?
Happens with both DirectSound & WaveOut outputs?
(note: out_ds is recommended for win2k)
Could be out_ds settings maybe?
What else is running at the time?
What's your mobo, cpu & ram?
DirectX 9.0b
I've only used out_ds, I was weined away from waveout back in Win9x when it wouldn't let game sounds play at the same time.
only 3rd party plugin: Monkey's audio decoder
Other programs running: glass2k(Lets me change the transparency of any window), trillian, mIRC, MotherboardMonitor 5.
Asus A7V8X (KT400 based), Athlon XP 2100+(Thouroughbred), 512 MB Geil value PC3200 ram.

Quote:
btw, I can't reproduce it.
I don't have Half-Life (though I'm looking forward to HL2)
but I've run much more powerful/newer games
(GTA-VC, UT2003, Unreal2, Splinter Cell, etc)
and I've never had problems with Winamp running in the background for hours on end.
This bug only rears it's ugly head in half-life based games.. and most likely only half-life 1, HL2 will probably use a different sound system... I'm wondering if it's related to the old SB Live/via southbridge issue? But then why does it only happen when it's winamp3/5 playing? Has out_ds been changed since winamp2? If not, I'm really at a loss. I'll switch to waveout next time I play and see if that fixes/worsens it. Thanks for trying though.
Old 21st October 2003, 23:07   #128
Rachid.nl

This one defenitely should be reproducable, but I'm not sure if it's default behaviour or a bug.

Doubleclick an audio item, which is related to WinAMP, in Windows Explorer. If WinAMP is already running, then you'll see WinAMP clear the current playlist, add the item which you just doubleclicked, and play the item. Mind that I have the option "Allow multiple instances" checked, so I expect WinAMP to open a second instance of itself to play the doubleclicked item! This was the case in all versions of WinAMP 2, as I remember correctly.

Clear example: Firstly, make sure you've got the option "Allow multiple instances" enabled in the Preferences dialog. Ok, now start WinAMP, put some songs in the playlist and press play. Then, go to Windows Explorer, find an audio file which WinAMP should open (an MP3 or something) and doubleclick it. The instance of WinAMP that you just made play some music, will clear its playlist and play the MP3 you just doubleclicked, instead of doing that in a new instance.

Running Win2kSP4.
Old 21st October 2003, 23:20   #129
grenavitar

My .ape files have the time reported incorrectly. I say this only because it works with 2.91 but not with winamp 5 beta 1, so I assume it's a plug-in compatibility glitch or somesuch.

Winamp 5 beta 1
800mghz
256 RAM
Windows XP Professional.

(I just read the other thread, and they saw not to call this a bug... does anyone have an idea why?)
Old 21st October 2003, 23:36   #130
konedima

Quote:
[B]phwoarrr . . . where to begin ?! Backwards methinks . . .

@konedima
If you're referring to Winamp3 style enqueue/dequeue (play next) feature, then it hasn't been implemented yet. Read "known bugs" sticky thread -> "not bugs" section.
Why are there buttons for it if it hasn't been implemented?
Old 22nd October 2003, 00:24   #131
sock

Quote:
@sock
1) multi-language/unicode support is greatly improved in latest internal build (Prefs -> Modern Skins -> Fonts). However, the way you described it, it does sound like a bug. See if you can still reproduce it if/when beta2 becomes public....
2) I can reproduce the bug with one of my WMV files, but not with the other (yes, I've only got 2 WMV's) . . . however, the first one won't scroll in WMP either, so I guess it must've been made that way.
OMG, I'm so stupid... I was too hasty to post about the WMV thingie. Turns out the same thing goes with the Windows Media Player, HOWEVER when you try to seek there, it doesn't allow you to, wheres in Winamp it gets the playback stuck. So here's my revamped bug report about ASF/WMV files (I originally wrote it somewhere else and then decided to post it here):

There are ASF/WMV files that don't alow "seeking", ie. you can't click in the seekbar thingie to browse through the video. Currently, if you try to do it, the playback gets stuck and the only thing you can do is replay the video right from the beginning.

I understand that this could be considered as a "lack of feature" and not as a bug, but in my opinion it really hurts the smoothness and reliability of Winamp.

What I ask is for Winamp to block the seeking in this kind of videos, like Windows Media Player does. So when I click somewhere in the seekbar thingie - nothing would happen, the song will just continue playing normally. Well, maybe the marker that shows where the song is right now could jump to the place you clicked on, but when you stop clicking it would just jump back to where it was, while the song continues to play normally.

If you have an ASF/WMV file of this sort and Windows Media Player (I tried it with version 9), you can test it there. That's the kind of behavior I'd like to see in Winamp too. It's just really frustrating to have to restart the entire video because it doesn't support seeking.

More specific, technical aspects:

- Seeking should be blocked while the video is paused, as well.
- Seeking with the right and left arrow keys should be blocked as well (both during playback and when paused)

- (this one's less important) Seeking should NOT be blocked if the user attempts to get to the beginning or the end of the track. This includes dragging the seek thingie to the edges of the track (or just clicking on them), and using the arrow keys near the edges of the track.

Blah, I should make shorter posts. =P
Old 22nd October 2003, 00:43   #132
sock

Oh, and about the multilingual thingie.... Whoops, I'm so stupid again. I forgot to mention that I was talking about the classic skinning engine. =\

I had to disable skinned fonts to see the title right in the main Winamp window, but that didn't seem to have any effect on the "mini" mode of the playlist editor. Note that even when skinned fonts are enabled, the titles are displayed fine in the playlist editor when it's not in the "mini" mode. So I hope this one gets fixed.

Of course, I'd love to see complete support for multilinugal languages all over the classic skinnng engine, but that's a feature request so I'll be quiet now. =P
Old 22nd October 2003, 01:52   #133
NeoChaos

Send a message via AIM to NeoChaos
Quote:
phwoarrr . . . where to begin ?! Backwards methinks . . .

@NeoChaos
Everything working ok now?
Nope. After a few uses, the glitch cycle happened again. Only way I could aviod it was just load a classic skin before I quit Winamp. The glitch seems to happen if the program starts with a Modern skin - a bit of a shame, since I like the MMD3 skin.
Old 22nd October 2003, 02:15   #134
skill

can somebody help

I have a problem with the winamp5 modern skin. I usually dock my winamp in windowshade mode at the bottom right, but now when i try to expand either my main window or playlist, instead of expanding upwards it expands downward. Winamp2 didnt do this, is there a setting i can change to make it expand winamp2 style with the modern skin. Thanks, heres a pic of what i'm talkin about.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp after.bmp (84.8 KB, 265 views)
Old 22nd October 2003, 02:24   #135
dougieha

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoChaos
Nope. After a few uses, the glitch cycle happened again. Only way I could aviod it was just load a classic skin before I quit Winamp. The glitch seems to happen if the program starts with a Modern skin - a bit of a shame, since I like the MMD3 skin.
I think that this might be related to my problem, where the window positions for freeform skins are not remembered, although those for classic skins are.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 22nd October 2003, 02:49   #136
Hobie-wan

Quote:
[B]
@Hobie-wan
1. Prefs -> Plugins -> Input -> CD plugin -> config:
Checkmark: enable digital audio extraction
Uncheck: sample input from s/c for vis
(restart winamp for changes to take effect)

2. Not sure, but I take it you've added ;DIVX to the extension list in the DirectShow Decoder config?
Ok, number 2 worked. I added the extension as suggested. Though it seems strange to me that Winamp doesn't have a look at the header on the file and work from that. As mentioned, I was dragging and dropping the *.divx files into the playlist.

Back to number 1. I unchecked the suggested box, it did not solve the problem. The scope still went out of sync playing CD audio. I paid closer attention playing longer songs this time.

When a new song starts, the scope resets itself and is all happy. At about 5:10, aside from being out of sync, the scope got choppy and drops to 6-8 frames per second. At 5:48, the scope peters out and flatlines. At 6:05, the scope starts flickering between flatline and 'searching' (the regular sine wave). By the time it gets to 6:20, it is a solid search. This continues until the end of the song. The pattern was the same for any song that was long enough, at the same exact times during the song.

I'm pretty sure its what was happaning last night with that box checked. I wasn't paying as close attention, and the CD had shorter songs on it. But I know I caught it flatlined and 'searching' last night as well.
Old 22nd October 2003, 04:45   #137
NeoChaos

Send a message via AIM to NeoChaos
Quote:
Originally posted by dougieha
I think that this might be related to my problem, where the window positions for freeform skins are not remembered, although those for classic skins are.

Dougieha

I dunno if windows size has something to do with Modern Skin playlists being blacked out or most of the classic skins' Main Window getting cut off, but maybe they're linked.
Old 22nd October 2003, 06:15   #138
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Blackedout PL window is fixed in Beta2

so be calm
Old 22nd October 2003, 06:16   #139
konedima

when will beta 2 be released to our hot hands?
Old 22nd October 2003, 08:50   #140
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

I dunno
Old 22nd October 2003, 10:07   #141
crazee

Another weird bug with Winamp minimized.

(Affects 3rd party classic skins only, winamps default classic seems to not have this problem)

Ive tested this on 3 skins, albeit from the same author.

Reproduce:
1. In Prefs, set Winamp to show in systray only
2. With a winamp classic skin, open the equalizer and change it to windshade mode. (non-default classic skin)
3. Minimize winamp to systray
4. Right click on the icon, uncheck the equalizer.
5. Right click on the icon, check the equalizer
The equalizer appears (this shouldn't happen, but this isn't the bug)
6. Doubleclick on the eq to switch it to full-mode.
The image switches to non-windshade mode, but the eq stays the same size.

This only occurs with the EQ; the main window and playlist seem to be fine. Also, unchecking and checking the main window from the tray when minimized doesn't make the main window appear (this is what i assume is supposed to happen with all windows).

Depending on how the previous similar bug i reported is/was fixed, this problem could still occur. Looks like the EQ still thinks its minimized while the skin engine works its stuff. What gets me is that it's perfectly fine if winamp is minimized while the EQ is in full-mode.

Winamp5
Win2k SP4

[edit]English? Never heard of it.

Last edited by crazee; 22nd October 2003 at 10:26.
Old 22nd October 2003, 11:56   #142
ronial77

Ignore - see next post

Deleted - see next post.

Last edited by ronial77; 22nd October 2003 at 13:17.
Old 22nd October 2003, 11:59   #143
ronial77

Winamp 5.0 beta visualization view bug

Every time I choose the visualization view, my computer crushes for two minutes.

Last edited by ronial77; 22nd October 2003 at 14:03.
Old 22nd October 2003, 13:21   #144
Lunas

some how i got the play list borked it dissappeared and would not come back then in attempting to get it to reappear i switched it to a modern skin this crashed winamp

how ever i could not reproduce the bug i will continue trying

windows xp pro all updates cept that activation one since i dont like it
winamp 5 beta 1
msi 128 meg Gforce 4 Ti4200
sblive xgamer 1st gen
2400+ amd
512 meg pc2700 ram
Old 22nd October 2003, 14:04   #145
ronial77

Winamp 5.0 beta library prefs bug

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteLion
WA50b1:
Prefs\Library\Library Options:
"Column Resizing Behaviour" groupbox seems to be grouped with "On doubleclick or enter in the library" group.
Same ID?
I noticed it too.
When you change the option in one of the groups, the check in the other group disappears (as seen on the picture attached), and it only reappears when you enter the library prefs again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.9 KB, 266 views)
Old 22nd October 2003, 14:50   #146
Niffle

not sure whether this is a skin or Winamp5 problem.

after blowing up the MMD3 skin to 300% (which is a ridiculus thing to want to do in the first place i know ) 2/3 of the skin is cut off. Even when the scale is changed, the skin still remains a 1/3 of its former self. It seems that a fresh installation of Winamp5 and a new MM3D skin is the only way to fix this.

since I haven't seen this problem elsewhere, i guess that it could have something to do with Nividia's Nview options.

Winamp 5.0beta 10/13/03 (x86)
Nvidia G-Force 440MX
WinXP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mmd3 bug.jpg (24.9 KB, 288 views)
Old 22nd October 2003, 14:51   #147
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Winamp 5.0 beta library prefs bug

Quote:
Originally posted by ronial77
I noticed it too.
When you change the option in one of the groups, the check in the other group disappears (as seen on the picture attached), and it only reappears when you enter the library prefs again.
Hmm that one skipped by me.

Reported thanx.
Old 22nd October 2003, 15:38   #148
myhotelyear

i've been using beta 5 for a few days now and here are the few bugs i've found:

1. sometimes when i "fast forward" to the next song or when a song is over and the next song starts playing winamp will rename the song in the playlist editor. for example the song is listed as "artist - album - song title" but when winamp starts playing the next song the title become "artist - song title." the "album" part has been deleted. i don't use id tags, just file names. and the file names aren't actually changed, they just appear different. to fix this i close out winamp and then play those songs again and it changes it back to the complete filenames.

2. Occassionally when i click on the add, remove, sel, etc buttons on the bottom of winamp and the menus pop up, when i scroll my cursor over the option, the text disappears. For example, i click on "manage playlist" and when i put the cursor over the text like "new playlist" or "save playlist" the text disappears.

i hope that makes sense.

i haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes these things to happen...they seem to occur at random.

i run windows me, 256 ram, athlon 1 gig processor, that's about it
Old 22nd October 2003, 16:11   #149
*.dll

Not really a bug

The cursor changes to small size & silver colour in the playlist editor window but does not on Winamp window (the window in which we have the play buttons and stuff)
System Win XP Home
Old 22nd October 2003, 19:46   #150
innus

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it's something!:

I use a shortcut to winamp.m3u that is in the winamp directory, which plays the last playlist used, instead of a shortcut to winamp.exe.I have made winamp.m3u readonly, so that I can always have the same playlist loaded.

anyway...

This teqnique worked perfectly in winamp2.x, as it 'remembered' my main playlist, even after single mp3s had been opened.

As you can see in the attached picture, when i open winamp5, sometimes only the playlist is viewed shown, which is empty, although i can hear the tracks playing away in the correct order that should be shown. When this occurs, I cannot see the main winamp5 window

Other times, winamp5 loads normally, but with an empty playlist.

I ain't explained this well, so sorry!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (19.4 KB, 269 views)
Old 22nd October 2003, 19:49   #151
innus

Oops, forgot spec:

Win XP pro sp1, all windows updates etc

Athlon XP

384mb ram
Old 22nd October 2003, 21:36   #152
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by innus

As you can see in the attached picture, when i open winamp5, sometimes only the playlist is viewed shown, which is empty, although i can hear the tracks playing away in the correct order that should be shown. When this occurs, I cannot see the main winamp5 window

Other times, winamp5 loads normally, but with an empty playlist.

I ain't explained this well, so sorry!

FiXed in BETA 2
Old 22nd October 2003, 21:51   #153
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Quote:
@ScorLibran
Can't reproduce.
in_vorbis title formatting changes are saved for me when I restart winamp.

Are you sure Winamp is closing properly?
Do other setting changes keep in Prefs?
(can't be winamp.ini related because, as you rightly noted, in_vorbis settings are stored in the registry)

For now, export that regkey to a .reg file
so you don't have to keep opening regedit.
Just double click the .reg file before opening winamp
(or create a BAT file to run reg file first, then winamp).
Obviously, this is just a temporary workaround
Thanks for looking at this problem. I know you're busy as h*ll, and it's awesome of you to answer everybody's questions at once!

I don't know which plug-in may or may not be affecting this, so here are all of my active plugins...
Input: Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.35 (in_vorbis.dll)
Output: waveOut output v2.0.2a (out_wave.dll)
DSP/Effect: MuchFX2 1.0111.1 (dsp_mfx2.dll) -> Shibatch Super Equalizer 0.03 (dsp_superequ.dll), 4Front Headphones (OSPI) (dsp_headphones.dll), Crossfeed (dsp_crossfeed.dll)
General Purpose: Nullsoft Modern Skins Support v1.0b1, Nullsoft Winamp Library v1.5, Winamp [Key]Controller v4.04 (gen_wkc4.dll)

I'm using the default (old-style) skin. I'm wondering if the KeyController plug-in might be interfering somehow. I normally use it (Shift-Ctrl-X) to close Winamp, but I'm getting the same problem whether doing it that way or clicking the "X" on the main Winamp window.

However, this just occurred to me...I'm using Ad-Aware to "lock down" parts of my system to prevent apps from changing things (like the registry, perhaps), with the downside of preventing even legit apps like Winamp from doing the things it needs to. So I'll bet that's what's preventing Winamp from saving this setting.

I haven't tried "un-inoculating" my system with Ad-Aware to see if this is the problem, but I will when I get the chance. In the meantime, I won't need a seperate registry instance because I only use one title format for all my music. I only change it rarely, so changing it directly in the registry is no big deal for me.

Thanks for your time!

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
Old 22nd October 2003, 23:49   #154
Krogoth

Send a message via ICQ to Krogoth
errrmmm.. how can i explain? ok...

when i choose a new skin directory, winamp5 crashs... and a error is following... :-(

http://mitglied.lycos.de/snoozer87b/error.jpg

[edit] embedded img link changed to url link by mod --> DJ Egg [/edit]
Old 23rd October 2003, 00:35   #155
ozloi

Send a message via AIM to ozloi
scaling

i njust found a bug realted to trhe scaling feature. if i scale something off the screen of the monitor then scal it back down to 100%the skin doesnt rescale right. on the MMD3 skin I lost half the player completely, and when I tried it on Invicta it cut out a small section in the center of the player. I tried it on a couple other skins and got different resultsd on each one none of them scaling back correctly. Im not sure if its a problem only on my system or if it happens on classic skins since i dont use those anymore.

System specs:
Windows XP professional
1 gig RAM
P4 1.8GHz
NEC MultiSync LCD 1555V monitor
Nvidea GEforce4 Ti 4200

PS I just found a similar post a few up but thought id give a second voice to it...I hope it doesnt have something to do with nvidea since i got it too
Old 23rd October 2003, 01:42   #156
konedima

Quote:
Originally posted by Krogoth

when i choose a new skin directory, winamp5 crashs... and a error is following... :-(

http://mitglied.lycos.de/snoozer87b/error.jpg
I beleive thats a known bug, read the Known Winamp 5.0 Beta Bugs thread.
Old 23rd October 2003, 03:09   #157
Araemo

Update on my problem

Well, I started playing with settings, and set out_ds in winamp5 to allow hardware acceleration. This SEEMS to have fixed my sound crackling. On the cpu usage front.. are we likely to see major drops in cpu usage as the betas progress, or is this about as good as it gets?

Thanks for taking the time to read all these posts, and I think it was a bug on my end after all.
Old 23rd October 2003, 03:54   #158
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Krogoth

Fixed in Beta 2
Old 23rd October 2003, 05:09   #159
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Araemo
With the modern skin, cpu usage should be quite low.
Some 3rd-party freeform skins make use of "desktop alpha blending".
Turning this off in "Prefs -> Modern Skins" will reduce cpu-usage.

If with default modern skin, you're using both the spectrum/oscilloscope vis and (especially) the beat detector vis in main window, then this also uses up cpu. Turning these off will reduce cpu, but increasing "timers resolution" slider in "Prefs -> Modern Skins" will help (built-in vis performance will decrease, but cpu-usage will go right down).

If you're using avs, then this will be the cause of your main cpu drain.
You can circumvent this by changing a few settings in avs editor,
though my advice would be to switch to the awesome Milkdrop vis instead.

@sock
Yes, putting it that way, it is a bug/glitch.
Unseekable WMV (or any unseekable encoded format) should not allow seeking, therefore the seekbar shouldn't move and get stuck (like it does currently).
Confirmed & reproduced! (added to "known bugs" thread)

@skill
windowshade docking/positioning problems are known.
There definitely seems to be a problem with winamp moving off the bottom of the screen (a KeepOnScreen fix/option is required).
Changing setting to "unlink position & width" (options -> winamp modern -> main windowshade mode) may help with the main window, but not currently with the playlist...

@grenavitar
Any issues with 3rd-party plugins are not classed as Winamp bugs.
The APE plugin author will need to update his plugin when the 5.0 input sdk is released . . . and I'm sure he/she/they will - pronto! Likewise for any other problematic 3rd-party plugins. Tech support is provided by the authors . . . unless someone on the forums happens to use the same plugin and can offer any help/advice.

Also bear in mind that this is a beta . . .
Things may change for the final 5.0 release, and the plugins might work properly again . . .

@nifti
Would a "rescan media folders (in background)" option help in the "Library" button menu?

@badrad
blah blah blah i am a smarty

btw

windowsblinds should add winamp to its exclude list, not the other way round.

Double clicking songticker does open File Info box, but not directly underneath beat detector, only at either side of it . . .

@konedima
There are no buttons for winamp3-style enqueue/dequeue (play next) feature.
Trust me, it's not implemented.
"Enqueue" means something different in Winamp to what it means in Winamp3.
Enqueue means it gets added to the end of the current playlist.
So you can start with a blank playlist window, then enqueue songs from the library into the playlist in the order you want them to play.
And that's as near as you'll get for now.
If you require a further explanation, then search the forums - re: the difference between: product 1) Winamp (0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 5.x) and product 2) Winamp3.
Most people want Winamp3-style enqueue/dequeue to be implemented into Winamp. It isn't easy to do, but if the devteam can come up with a method, then they will. So far, there's been plenty of good suggestions elsewhere on the forums . . .

@rachid.nl
That glitch has actually been around longer than you think.
2.76 had the nasty multiple instances bug, where you select eg. 50 songs in an Explorer folder, hit Enter (or right click -> play in winamp) and bam! 50 different instances of winamp would try and open and play all 50 tracks at once.
The bug was fixed somewhere between 2.77 and 2.81, and this is where your reported problem surfaced. All "allow multiple instances" does now is allow you to open multiple instances via the winamp icon, eg. for crossfading (though you can do this with Ctrl+Alt+N hotkey).

I used to find it helpful when you could double-click a file in Explorer and it opened up in a new instance, thus leaving your playlist in tact in the first instance . . . and as long as you closed the first instance last, then your playlist will be still there when you reopened winamp.
However, these days, I tend to use the winamp interface instead of Explorer, so I no longer miss that feature.
I also regularly save my main playlist to the library (and export it to m3u), so I'm not that bothered any more . . . though a playlist "undo" option would be nice...

I digress . . .
Maybe it is a bug . . . maybe it's intentional . . . ?!?!

@ScorLibran
Interesting! That would make sense. Let us know how it goes...

Did I miss anyone?

Post is long enough (sorry about that)
Old 23rd October 2003, 05:41   #160
myhotelyear

Quote:

Did I miss anyone?

hey...what about mine?!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports