Old 1st October 2002, 03:49   #1
Leggit

Minimise, countdown, total time, for playlist

I serched the forums and prity shure im mostly not repeating people, sorry if i am...

Me and my bros would all like to see a few things put in the playlist editor. As we only use the playlist and dissable the other windows, we find they make to much clutter. (Note: we have winamp set to minimist to the system tray and not the taskbar)

1. There needs to be a song timer, like in the main window, so we can see how log we have left in the song, or how long it has been playin 4

2. There is no minimise button,

3. Some of us have mice with minimise functions and they do not work, well they work but you have to click on the item in the system tray first this is anoying because we hate having to click on the icon first. (sorry for putting this here i think it might go in the bugs forum)

4. I love the feature that tells you haw many hours of music you have in winamp 2.x is it possible to bring that to wimamp three?

Thanks in advance if you guys put any of these features in Winamp 3, its alredy a sweet player but it would b awesome with there

Love the crossfade
Old 2nd October 2002, 00:15   #2
Leggit

This is how we have winamp open, only the playlist.
this is why we want the minimise button.

- On my mouse/pointing device i have programable buttons, one of them is set to minimise programs.

This is where we run in to trouble. when the playlist is selected it will not minimise like normal programs.
Attached Images
File Type: gif winamp.gif (44.7 KB, 109 views)
Old 2nd October 2002, 00:31   #3
Leggit

K
Thanks for your time
Old 2nd October 2002, 14:22   #4
d96stuff

What I really liked with WA2 was the thin mode when you double clicked on the playlist titlebar.

My normal setup was to have the playlist like that and the main window hidden (alt-w). That way I could have WA always on top (ctrl-a) without blocking my other programs (who needs to see the whole titlebar of word, etc).

I hope you can implement the same thing for WA3.
Old 3rd October 2002, 02:30   #5
Leggit

Yer that looks nice,

the bar that holds the buttons (and the buttons) are slightly on the large side,

You see what we like about the winamp playlist is its simplicity, you click the song you want and it plays, but it is still bundeled will sh*t loads of features. The thing that poked out the most was the names of the songs, all the buttons were small and looked secondary. This was good because what we could see what we were listning to (and choose what we wanted to listen to next), not the buttons that we could press (manly because we used the keyboard shortcuts).

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by d96stuff
What I really liked with WA2 was the thin mode when you double clicked on the playlist titlebar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still there. Double click on the title bar.
I notice that when you have a second playlist open it wont go to thin mode (the second playlist that is, the first one works like normal)
Old 3rd October 2002, 07:09   #6
d96stuff

Quote:
Still there. Double click on the title bar.
Hmm.. *throws the skin out the window* you're right.

That leaves alt-w to be wished for.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist