Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 3rd April 2006, 00:11   #81
Immel

I was planning to get you the .dat files from my player (HD5) today, however I can't import music files into CP by some reason. It crashes whatever I try to do when it comes to importing files to it's library.

No clue what's causing this. Re-installing CP does not help.
Immel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 10:28   #82
otiasj

Update :
I am implementing the grab function to familiarize with the mp3 format.

Funny thing: it seems that the NAW1000 series don't protect their mp3 files like the other players.
This would explain why I can read the mp3 directly from the device...
It seems the bit mask is always the same... so no key would be needed for those player.

Grab should be ready pretty soon so I am planning on making the first release by the end of the week... hopefully
otiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 04:02   #83
otiasj

update:
Yup I just confirmed it NAW1000 series are not key protected, that is why I could read directly from the device the OMA files.

still planning on releasing this week end...
Old 9th April 2006, 03:20   #84
otiasj

Ok grab works,
But to send the files to the device I am having problems finding the number of frame.
So I will release the source code at the end of the day but I am not sure send feature will be available :-(
Old 9th April 2006, 13:08   #85
otiasj

Ok here is a release...
I did not find the time to solve the last problem (number of frame)

So this version can :
grab files from the device, (key wizard necessary)
Play files from the device (atrac pluggin needed)
remove files from the device,
Sending files is NOT ready yet so if you try you will get a not playable track on your device. Still the naming and album list/track list should be correct.

Installation :
Copy the file in the your winamp plugin directory.
If you have a protected device (not a NAW1000 player) you will need to use GYM's key wizard and copy the decodeTable.dat at the root of your device. Also you will need the ATRAC plugin for winamp to play files directly from the player.

If you have the NAW1000 (maybe the 3000 also work?) you don't need any key generator and you don't need the ATRAC plugin!

Warning:
If you press the Apply button the database on your device will be overwritten!

Edit : I am having problem commiting the source code on source forge, my password gets rejected I don't know why.
I will post the source ASAP.

Edit : ok source is online at source forge, but the cvsweb doesn't show it yet, the module name is ml_sony
Attached Files
File Type: zip ml_sony.zip (27.8 KB, 1965 views)

Last edited by otiasj; 9th April 2006 at 14:45.
Old 9th April 2006, 18:50   #86
nickzeff2

Hi Otiasj,

I have stuck your file in my Winamp plugins dir. I also have in_atrac.dll file in there too. I have also copied my GYM decodeKeys.dat into the same dir.

When I click on the device in the media library, winamp closes due to an error.

I have an NW-HD5. Winamp is running on XP.

(BTW your old ml_base plugin does not crash my Winamp, even though it never actually plays the files).

If you need any more info, let me know
nickzeff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 23:03   #87
Ascariss

Good news and bad news. Good news is, some tracks can be downloaded no problem, and hte program has yet to crash on me. But some tracks it says can't be downloaded for some odd reason. not sure why.

almost like it is random which can be grabbed and which can't be grabbed. anyone know why? the files are not copyright protected.

I can play any file off the device in winamp no problems.
Ascariss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006, 02:38   #88
otiasj

Hello everyone,
Ascariss could you send me the file that is causing problem please? saito_jatyahoodotfr
what program did you use to send them? sonicstage or connectPlayer? when there is an error do you still have a file on the output? or nothing?

nickzeff2 : the decodeKey goes at the root of your player not in the plugin directory. I have never tested with NW-HD5 since I don't own one :-)
Could you send me your database files? (just the DAT files)

Please when you post specify the player you are using and the software you used to send the files :-)
Old 10th April 2006, 07:59   #89
Ascariss

I'd have to get you the file tomorrow, but there is no output, it just tells me that some file(s) could not be downloaded.

other files work just fine. I only use connect player sinc it functions perfectly for me.
Old 10th April 2006, 10:07   #90
nickzeff2

Hi Otiasj.

I am now at work, and am trying to get the plugin working here on Windows 2000.

I have put the decodeKeys.dat into the root of my player (it's usually in the GYM directory), but no other dat files.

I clicked on the device in Winamp, but I get a "Memory could not be read" error.

I used mp3manager to send all my files, and I am using Winamp 5.1

IM me with your email address, and I'll send over my .dat files...
Old 13th April 2006, 16:49   #91
neilspotshop

I have an nw hd5, i am running xp service pack 2 and have winamp 5.21. I have got the in_atrac.dll and i have put the ml.sony file in in the pluggin directory. I have copied decodeKeys.dat to the root of the player. It seem that i can play music in winamp that i used sonic stage to download but not file manager. It could be files i have downloaded since gym though. when i download files they cant be read by winamp or media player even if winamp can play them of the player.
neilspotshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 03:20   #92
otiasj

Hello everyone,
neilspotshop: You can play from winamp because the atrac plugin decodes the track on the fly. If the downloaded files can not be played it is probably an error of decoding. The next release will probably solve your problems.

nickzeff2: I found the problem, it should be solved on the next release.

Ascariss: The file you send me uses variable bit rate, I am still having problem with those. That's probably why you could not download it.

Update on the plugin :
Yesterday I played my first track on my NAW1000!
Apparently there is only 1 byte to set to say to the player if the data was encoded or not.
I also solved some problems about the bit rate and the encoding type on the NWE505.
So next release should be usable!
Old 14th April 2006, 08:18   #93
Ascariss

Ahh yes, that is also a problem sometimes for the A series, since when I play some VBRs on it, the time elapsed indicator goes nuts jumping around lol. That's solves that problem.

Eagerly awaiting new release, awesome work again.

*edit, i don't think vbr was the problem since another song, in addition to the one i sent you, isn't vbr and it won't download either, it's 256kbps. so I am not sure what the problem could be.
Old 14th April 2006, 18:10   #94
neilspotshop

No problem , Its great that you are doing this!
neilspotshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 16:43   #95
otiasj

Hello everyone!
This is official we are now on alpha!

The plugin can be used to :
transfer songs pc -> device
transfer songs device -> pc
play tracks from the device in winamp (ATRAC plugin might be needed)
multiple device can be plugged at the same time

What is not working :
- files using Variable Bit Rate (vbr)
- progress bar is bugged
- probably a lot of others things...

This is an alpha version so this will probably overwrite the content of your database and mess it up
So I advice to backup your data so that you can test without bitching

Here is what you need to do :
-plugin your device

-rename your directory "OMGAUDIO" to something else like "OMGAUDIO2"

-Create a new directory "OMGAUDIO"
-Create a file named "04CNTINF.DAT" in this directory

-If you have a NWA1000 or any player that is not protected (NWA3000? If someone could confirm this please) create a file named "nocode.txt" (still in the OMGAUDIO directory)

-If you have a protected player make sure you have one of the following :
*MP3FM correctly installed with a MP3FM/DvId.dat file
*the decodeKey.dat from the keywizard in the directory GYM
(!It makes more sense to keep it in the GYM directory so I changed it back!)

-Copy ml_sony.dll in your plugin directory
-run winamp
-Go to your music library, select what you want, right click->sendto, choose your sony device.
-go to your device you should see the files you added with a "+" in front of them.

-finally click apply, and the songs will be added to your walkman!

-by selecting a file and pressing the delete key you can remove songs from your device. (you need to apply)

see configuration for the meaning of the symbols

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ml_sony.zip (29.8 KB, 1566 views)
Old 17th April 2006, 00:33   #96
kmw

Fantastic work otiasj, plugin keeps getting better and better.

Ive done a few quick tests on my HD5 starting with a clean database and using the DvId.dat method. Heres what I found:
  • Sending files from PC to device works - including VBRs, but unfortunatly not perfectly. When I sent a large number of songs (~150) from different artists at once some of songs showed up under the wrong artist in the players artist list. The first artist to be transfered showed up correct but then all subsequent artists were listed together under the name of the last artist to be transfered. All of the songs were still playable though and the correct artist was displayed on the players 'now playing' screen.
  • Sending files from device to PC worked fine for CBR files. I did notice that the Year and Track# were sometimes a bit hit & miss but I couldnt find a pattern. Hopefully in the future it will be possible to get an identical file back.
  • For some reason I couldnt playback the files from the device using the atrac3 plugin - "Unable to render the file"
Hope that didnt sound like I was moaning, what you have accomplished is amazing.
kmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 00:45   #97
devilsbutt

Hi people,
U doing great job there and about to finish it. My post might not be in place but u are only crowd whos doing something alike, that i came across. Unfortunatly i am one of the people mistguided by sonys "direct" MP3 playback who bought nw-a1000 and a 'bean'. As most of u i dont like using sonys software (hardware is fine). Has anyone thought about changing and flashing firmware a bit, i mean not total rewriting but lets say like 'unlocking extra features' to make it drag and drop as evrybody would like. I think there is some skiled people whos changing firmware to dvd drives and etc. or woud that be imposible?
devilsbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 02:39   #98
otiasj

Hello everyone!

kmw: Thank you for the feedback this is definetly very usefull :-)
I will check the list problem, see if I can reproduce.
The year and track number is definetly something I need to fix, I think I know what the problem is so it should be available in the next release.
The playback from the device is kind of a problem...
Since I actually don't do anything but send the adress of the file to the atrac3 plugin. the only thing I can see is that the files I write are not perfect yet.

devilsbutt: writing files to the device and flashing the firmware is 2 very different things, I have no experience in this field... Plus it's kind of difficult since if you mess up you end up with a bricked player :-( The worst thing that could happen with my plugin is losing the music on your player, (you would just have to format it to make it ok again) So I am not planning on working on this.

Please keep sending problems/bug you found about file transfert. Don't pay much attention to the GUI, as I sayed before the goal is to create a library that will be used with the portable plugin :-)
++
Old 18th April 2006, 00:05   #99
nickzeff2

Good news and bad news

Well - definitely some progress...!

Good news: I created a brand new OMGAUDIO folder. Transferred an album over to my NW-HD5, and then played it. No problems with any of this, except some wierd symbols in the +- column. Internationalisation issues? Plse see attachment for screenshot.

Bad News: Existing OMGAUDIO files do not play. These are the mp3s I transferred previously using MP3FM. I get a "Winamp cannot render this file" error, and then the prog crashes on me.

If I can be any help, give me a shout.

Cheers Otiasj. You're really cracking this one.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ml_sony_screenshot.gif (25.4 KB, 1292 views)
Old 18th April 2006, 03:06   #100
otiasj

hi!

Ok + - problem is weird :-/
I use a japanese windows but the only char I use are "m c + -"
so I don't quite see what's the problem... I will look into it

For the play problem could you try this :
go to OMGAUDIO/10F00/ (the one you transfered with mp3fm)and copy one of the oma file to your desk.
then try opening it with winamp.(since your device is protected, you MUST have the atrac plugin to play it)

Anybody using MP3FM has the same problem?

otherwise maybe I will have to come with some other way to support play. (It was so convenient just to use the atrac plugin :-) )

Currently I am fixing the track number issue it's ok now. But concerning the year, I can't find the proper tag anywhere...
I think it's not used by sonicstage, so I will implement this when I implement the connect player tags (artist link, year, favorites etc...)
Before implementing this I will wait a little to fix the major bugs and I am thinking of adding the playlist management.

Probably there won't be any new release this week end,
I will put the source code on source forge using subversion because they are having problems with cvs, So if anybody with c/c++ skills want to help...
Old 18th April 2006, 06:19   #101
otiasj

ok indeed the atrac plugin doesn't seem to work for me either.
So I guess I will have to find a different solution to play the files from the device...
Old 18th April 2006, 06:30   #102
Cokebotle

Send a message via AIM to Cokebotle
Great job on the plug-in! I recently bought an NW-A608 off eBay and it works 100% perfectly without having to do anything besides install the plugin!

Just one or two quick questions:
1) After transferring music, I get an error reading "Limited Function," and the Intelligent Shuffle option isn't available. I'm guessing this is something with the Connect store's tagging? Nothing big, just curious.

2) Is there anyway to queue music while it's transferring? It's nothing big, but I have a lot of music, so I'd like to be able to start it updating and just continually add music for it to upload.

3) I have some music that transferred oddly. The player recognizes that there are songs by the artists, but when I look under there, it says "No Item." However, if I go under All Artists, then I can play the songs fine. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but they're Japanese files tagged in Unicode. At least the ones that I've noticed so far are.

Anyways, keep up the great work!
Cokebotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 06:48   #103
otiasj

hello Cokebotle
1) yes the compatible tagging for connect player is not added yet, so there is no artist link, intelligent shuffle, 100 favorites etc... just the sonicstage features are available (for now :-) )

2)Yes I am thinking about having 2 separate list to allow that... but first I need to fix number 3)

3) There is indeed a bug I am trying to find in my sorting functions, it works like this:
You have one file that has all the songs
one file that has the files index by album
one file that has the files index by genre etc...
So if you have problem when navigating inside the menus it's because one(or several) index are incorrect.
But if you go to all songs it should work correctly because there is no sorting involved for this one.
So the mp3 are on the device but the links from the database are sometime wrong...

Unicode tags is also something I have to watch
Old 18th April 2006, 09:51   #104
nickzeff2

Otiasj - thanks for looking into that problem with playback.

Will keep investigating issues

N
Old 18th April 2006, 10:00   #105
otiasj

They play on the device but not in winamp from the device right?

I think it's a encodekey problem, because the atrac plugin doesn't know what key has been used to encode the track.
I have a missing field in the oma headers. I can't figure what info is coded (or how), it is probably the key signature...
The device knows it's own key so it probably doesn't check it.

To make the play function I need to learn how to create an input plugin in winamp and that might take some time. It's not one of my highest priority here, because you can just download the file and play it...
Old 18th April 2006, 10:09   #106
highlandz

First thanks for putting your time into this, the Sony software was so bad I regretted buy the walkman. Being able to use Winamp for transferring files makes using the walkman sooo much more a pleasant experience.

I have the NAW3000 and have observed the following;

1) as you mentioned the year on the albums is missing
2) When I go to the device the artist names are mostly missing

Other than these issues everything seems to work very seamlessly

Thanks again
highlandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 16:14   #107
otiasj

Ml_sony is now available at sourceforge :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlsony/

you can download the source using subversion
a new release fixing some database problems (artist/album not showing) is also online

Please try it and tell me if it solves your problems,
(It worked well on my NWA1000)
Enjoy ^^
Old 18th April 2006, 18:30   #108
nickzeff2

Otiasj - yes, that's right. I wasn't being too clear. The file plays fine on the device, just not through Winamp.

Would be great to sort this problem out for all the NW-HD owners out there!
Old 19th April 2006, 04:04   #109
otiasj

Hello everyone,
I have created a new thread at the atrac forum,
so that I can answer to everyone at the same place.

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/inde...showtopic=1528

please from now on, do not use this page.(I won't read it anymore)
Old 27th April 2006, 02:58   #110
otiasj

Update the official thread is now :

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/inde...ST&f=13&t=1528
Old 14th June 2006, 21:26   #111
xsaffyx

Hey i really REALLY need your help. I bought the NW-A1000 a few months ago and have had continuous troubles with it now i realised it was the software i downloaded sonicstage instead and it was working fine until it came to transferring the music. i recieved a message saying that there was some problem with the database and it said i needed to update it.How exactly do i do this? please help if there is an answer please could i recieve it before monday as i will be returning the item for another otherwise. Thanks.
xsaffyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2006, 03:06   #112
otiasj

sony software problems? <- the answer is in the question

Ask your question to people using cp or ss at : http://www.atraclife.com/
Old 1st March 2007, 16:50   #113
glop

hello otiasj

since

iread the atraclife.com forum but the version of the plugin is still 1.03 without 100% success feedback
what are the news ?

the new NW-A800 is coming !
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 22:11   #114
andrei31

At least you could not call it an mp3 player the sony walkman players, all though they are quality products that no one can say no, but they stick to there own products, and keep there originality going, like the PS1,2,3 PSP, atrac3plus and other formats and products made by them making them a big company worldwide.
andrei31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 23:18   #115
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

If someone wants to send me a compatible device, i'll make pmp_sony.

(I'll send it back after I'm done, obviously)

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 08:31   #116
jcdberkeley

Hmmmmm... I just got a new mp3 player, so I could part with my Sony NW-HD5 for a while, Will. Details?
jcdberkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 08:53   #117
glop

will can we offer you a mp3 player sony ? where to send ?
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:10   #118
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

glop: PM sent.

jcdberkeley: Thanks for the offer, glop is closer to me though so we'll save on shipping.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion