Old 7th November 2017, 22:29   #1
hussamabd

TV Addiction and how to stop it

we stay for long hours in the front of the tv and that the big mistake in our life because in our life there is too much things to do better than this
some people try hard to stop this addiction and in the following i will show you simple methods to stop TV addiction for you and for your family

1-Pick just one or two favorite shows to watch
That is very helpful since it provides more time to do other activities.

Furthermore, since you have chosen the shows, you know that they are of great value as well as precious entertainment.

You would also be more connected with real life; people and things

2-Find a healthy substitute
You can replace TV with other stuff like involving your family in a game night, an evening walk, a game of badminton, or anything that brings all of you together and brings happiness to your hearts.

3-Set a rule that you can’t watch TV if the sun is shining
Instead, you have to go for a walk, ride a bike, or get some other kind of healthy physical activity for at least an hour before you can turn on the tube.

4-Get outdoors every night
Go to parties, educational and cultural events or just do some sport like basketball, or maybe you can go on a trip at the weekend.
hussamabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2017, 05:20   #2
Christy12
Banned

I was addicted to watching TV.But now I have completely stopped watching TV.I spend more time with my family,going out for a walk etc.But I still spend my time in social networking but not as an addict.Just an hour or two per day.I watch videos in YouTube.
Christy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:59   #3
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

a brick and a steady hand is all you need to get rid of this addiction.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2017, 23:29   #4
gaekwad2
Foorum King

TV addicted spambots. Makes sense in a way.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 23:08   #5
ScottAW29

Lol I think everyone has some sort of technology addiction... Why not disable your cable and just keep the most basic TV? Almost all of the popular shows you can watch online anyways if you really wanted to. You would save money too.
ScottAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 09:37   #6
MikeAP45

I used to stay infront of the TV for hours. kinda had a TV addiction really. but I stopped when I attended this forum about time management and we had to list down our activities for the day. imagine how dumb I felt when I realized I spent about 6 hours just watching TV. I started taking an online addiction course and it was hard, relapsing on for weeks and months. the methods to overcome is more or less like the ones listed here. finally got through with things. it was so hard but I managed
MikeAP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions