Old 13th November 2017, 02:41   #1
seanbforhockey

Why do you like Winamp/Shoutcast?

Hey. I have a question for everyone, why do you like Winamp/broadcasting on Shoutcast? I like it because its fun and gives me something to do.
seanbforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 18:15   #2
old and quite mad
Major Dude

I like it because it leaves me feeling satisfied and tired and a bit sweaty and warm and well ****** all up in my ****** *******.

"I don't even use winamp or really know what it is. yeah" - Thedesignisgreat
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 02:58   #3
webthing
Forum King

when for the first time you downloaded winamp into your computer, we wish it might be possible to show you how much this, the most versatile and so the most satisfying music player in all the world, can be made to entertain, to console and to inspire you.

To say that winamp offers you, your family and your friends "all the music of all the world" is to dismiss the subject with an entirely inadequate phase, and so this thread has been started to offer certain suggestions for your greater enjoyment of this, your newest, and we verily believe, your happiest possession.

Winamp 5.5 represents a moment of inspired achievement.

In the life of great artist, the skill, the art, and the "atmosphere" of Your favorite bands from around the world are brought in to your winamp. They are no longer things to be enjoyed only at great intervals or on rare occasions-- they may become an integral part of your life, to be returned to at a moment's notice.

We believe, utterly, that no matter with what delight you may have anticipated the possession your winamp, you will still have fallen far short of completely realizing its possiblities. To the extent in which, through the whole scale of human emotions, its music and plugins may become woven into the fabric of your physical and spiritual well-being.

Just as their are certain best condition for all instruments and recordings, so too there are certain "favorite" settings for winamp, and the search for those best conditions will be a source of many hours of pleasurable experimentation.

Intimately associated as we are with the development of winamp, yet we are fully concscious of the wonder of it; we have learned that amid "the daily round of irritating concerns and duties" we have only to turn to winamp in order to be once more be in love with life and its beauty.
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 16:32   #4
WhoseLineFan

For Winamp, you have a wide variety of skins and plugins along with online services.

For Shoutcast, I like how it's unique in terms of the selections.
WhoseLineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:32   #5
Worez

Because I can have it docked a ticketbar [toolbar] at the top and always on top- and so I see what I am listening whatever it is I am doing [except when watching something in a fullscreen mode]

Priceless
Worez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 05:43   #6
MikeAP45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoseLineFan View Post
For Winamp, you have a wide variety of skins and plugins along with online services.

For Shoutcast, I like how it's unique in terms of the selections.
Exactly!
MikeAP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 10:02   #7
DJ-Garybaldy

I like Winamp because it was the first music player i tried,

I like Shoutcast for the amount of different stations some of them good, Some of them not so good.

It was Shoutcast that gave me the broadcasting bug way back in 1999 although it was 2002 before i got chance to DJ on a station.

I take a back seat these days as I'm no longer broadcasting but I still test software when new versions are available.

Proud user of RadioDJ v2.0.0 FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions