Old 31st October 2018, 18:06   #1
boweasel

Sizing Problem

On this recently set up Windows 10 desktop, I've started using Winamp (v5.666) since I can't get WMP to easily play all the songs in a folder and show me the total time for that folder.

Winamp accomplishes both of those things, but I have a hard time reading the information on the screen. I've looked at all the options / preferences but finding a way to make this readable has eluded me.

If you guys can view the attachment (this is my first post) you'll see that everything is teeny-tiny. I've got this whole blank area on the left, with the controls, track time and equalizer crammed into the upper 15% of the screen. The right side is similarly minuscule. I don't seem to be able to drag anything to another area or to use the mouse to make that upper 15% take up a much larger percentage of the screen.

If I can't get answers on how to improve the readability, I'll have to go to some Microsoft forum and ask how to get the total time to display with WMP (shudder).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	54168  
boweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 19:30   #2
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweasel View Post
... everything is teeny-tiny ...
You might try this one.

PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 07:31   #3
boweasel

Thanks for the reply PeterK, and apologies for being away for a bit over a month...

But a different skin isn't the problem or the solution. Here are 2 screenshots, one done with this computer, the other from a downstairs PC. Both machines are running the same OS and build of Windows, and of Winamp.

You can see that the first screen shows a divided bottom portion of the display, with the left half essentially blank except for a Winamp logo. The right side has the track titles and length crammed into the top - and nearly unreadable because of the small print. The total time for the folder is also very small and is right above the cover art. I don't care about seeing the art work.

The second image shows an undivided bottom, with the titles and times more readable (at least for me). That's (more or less), the way I'd like Winamp to look on this upstairs PC, although even that print could be a bit bigger.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WinAmp - Upstairs.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	54231   Click image for larger version

Name:	WinAmp - Downstairs.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	54232  
Old 10th December 2018, 07:36   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Is this on a big TV or monitor? I do think big bento and scaling options etc would help.

The difference between your two screenshots are the tabs. (4 vs 5) The one on the right has the scratch playlist as a tab, which is an option but something I don't do.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 18:59   #5
boweasel

Okay... I have, amazingly found a way to get the scratch playlist as a tab, but I've been unable to find anything related to the 'scaling' that you mention.

There really isn't a good help area in Winamp that I can find. There is a search magnifying glass somewhere, but searching on scaling yielded nothing. I found something on going into 'double size mode' by hitting Ctrl+D, but it did nothing to change the size for me. I found something on increasing text size by going into Preferences and changing playlist font size, but although I can find Preferences, I see nothing about changing the font size.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:02   #6
PeterK.

Quote:
I found something on going into 'double size mode' by hitting Ctrl+D, but it did nothing to change the size for me.
This feature is deactivated for Modern Skins.
Quote:
I found something on increasing text size by going into Preferences and changing playlist font size, but although I can find Preferences, I see nothing about changing the font size.
It is in here:

This option seems to be the only one customizable feature in Winamp regarding text lines. Anything else is hard coded and can only be resized by using the "Scaling" option.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	font size.png
Views:	47
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	54236  
Old 10th December 2018, 21:05   #7
boweasel

If you use Ctrl+P to get into preferences, then use the area on the left side of the screen to find Playlist, click on it, and then look on the third line. It will say 'Playlist font size, in pixels'. Click on the up or down arrow to make the Playlist font size change.

Doesn't do anything for the font size of the total playing time, but that's not as big a deal for me.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:09   #8
boweasel

Sorry PeterK, it seems like I posted the solution I'd stumbled upon immediately after you posted the same solution. Yours had visual aids, so although I didn't need it, perhaps others will.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:11   #9
PeterK.

Quote:
...Doesn't do anything for the font size of the total playing time, ....
That option, as the name implies, changes the font size of the PLAYLIST, not the TIMER or other time displaying numbers. The timer font (which is a bitmap file) comes with the Bento skin and you can change it by deleting it and creating a new one. But in the end you will have big TIMER digits which will have absolutely no space on the display and probably will crash the skin's script files. I would not recommend this!
Old 11th December 2018, 03:00   #10
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Did u try the "big bento" skin? Did u find the scaling options?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2018, 07:53   #11
sirnsasheryar

i hope you are able to fix this problem with winamp if not then you can let me
sirnsasheryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support