Old 20th January 2007, 14:16   #1
Harminoff2000

ActiveSync Starts With Winamp

Every time I start Winamp, Active sync starts up. If I manually kill active sync (or use the KillSync program), active sync still starts next time I start winamp. Does anyone know how to stop active sync from starting with winamp (or any time other than a manual start)?

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Microsoft ActiveSync v4.5.0 Build 5059 Beta
Winamp v5.32
Harminoff2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 15:01   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

don't install the activesync plugin(which comes with the winamp full installer)

just uncheck it next time you reinstall.

for an instant fix. close winamp

delete the file %program files%/winamp/plugins/pmp_activesync .dll

now restart winamp
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 22:17   #3
drongo

Thanks, Rocker ! It's help I just don't understand why this plagin is in default installation, or why winamp don't have any option to disable this thing.
drongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 03:56   #4
photoleon

I have the winamp 5.32 and I have diasable the activesync plugin but every time I load winamp the active sync continous to load. Is there any ther way to disable it?
photoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 04:09   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by photoleon
I have the winamp 5.32 and I have diasable the activesync plugin but every time I load winamp the active sync continous to load. Is there any ther way to disable it?
Yeah. Get rid of the buggy old 5.32 version by performing a completely clean uninstall -> reinstall following the instructions outlined here. But also make sure that when you reinstall, that it is the currently supported version of Winamp (as of the time of this post, that would be v5.52). And do NOT install ActiveSync Support in the installer options...

UNcheck "Support for Microsoft ActiveSync" under "Portable Media Player Support" in the installer options.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 15:09   #6
WildcatRay

Send a message via AIM to WildcatRay
I, too, do not see the rationale behind having the ActiveSync plugin installed/run by default. (I've never agreed with Microsoft's not providing users the ability to close ActiveSync whenever my PDA was not on its cradle either, but that is another issue.)

I would recommend that Winamp be revised to prompt users for what, if any, plugins should be installed regardless of the installation option we choose. Also, the options/preferences should also include which plugins we want to be enabled when we run Winamp.

Windoze 2000, Minefield (Trunk), Firefox 2.0.0.x, Thunderbird 2.0.0.x, avast Antivirus, Sygate Personal Firewall
WildcatRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support