Old 23rd April 2012, 00:02   #1
Guy Betten

New member asking for input/assistance

I am helping a non-profit group with their community radio station (licensed) Hope to be broadcasting over the air within 3-45 days.
I have the website completed and would like to get the shoutcast/winamp configured and I truly don't understand how this works. Here is what i am trying to accomplish.
I have a hosing plan here, as it gives me the ability to "host" my own audio stream.
VPS LATCH

I have a couple of questions please.
1. Can the shoutcast/winamp be installed on my hosts server? They say yes, but wont assist, since it is 3rd party software. The reasoning for the request is because there seems to be a port access issue from my home (shared internet from main house) there is a wireless router and the internet provider's router. Also, the main house is a gaming household and the wireless stream is not the greatest, i do plan on getting my computer hard wired this week.
2. I am using ZARA Studio's Automation (V 1.4) as i have read that 1.6 may create problem for DSP plugin?

Any input or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Guy
Guy Betten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 00:14   #2
Guy Betten

I should also add that the shoutcast/winamp player will be behind the scenes. I assume I need them so on line listeners can access the audio stream from the station website. My music files (MP3) will be stored on my computer, not my host's server.
Old 25th April 2012, 23:18   #3
fc*uk

If you have a vps, then you are going to need root access to the box to install shoutcast. If you do have that, then search the forums for "shoutcast host install". I would normally find it for you, but seeing as how slow these boards are for me right now ...

I am completely unfamiliar with ZARA, so can not speak to that.

From the sounds of it, you need sc_serv (shoutcast sever) installed on your host. You will then run either sc_trnas or Winamp + SHOUTcast DSP to "shout" your music to your server. No need have anything other than sc_serv installed on your server; no need to have anything but winamp and the dsp on your local computer.

Sometimes getting a question answered takes time; sometimes it takes a heck of a long time when people have to wait 1 minute+ for a page to load.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 23:21   #4
fc*uk

or 1+ min to submit a reply.

No harm done, and no offense directed at you. It's just the lag on these boards seems to have knocked a lot of users out of even trying; I know I've given up until I got your PM.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 00:27   #5
Guy Betten

Oh the slow board issue, huh? I have 2 myself that are ghost towns right now, lol. It looks like you are using VB forum software, correct?
Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
or 1+ min to submit a reply.

No harm done, and no offense directed at you. It's just the lag on these boards seems to have knocked a lot of users out of even trying; I know I've given up until I got your PM.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:29   #6
DrO

the slow board issues are being worked on and some improvements have been made so far which may help - at least it's not timed out for me so far this morning for the first time in almost a week though it's still slow as hell (but a hell of a lot less spam is being posted, heh).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 22:16   #7
Guy Betten

I use VB as well, I wonder what the issue is? So what would someone charge to do this shoutcast install on my server please? I do have root access.
Guy
Old 26th April 2012, 23:11   #8
Jay
Moderator Alumni

If you need help with an install, I can help you. Contact me via pm.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 00:20   #9
Guy Betten

PM Sent,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If you need help with an install, I can help you. Contact me via pm.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions