Old 14th October 2015, 05:03   #1
webflashing

Japanese characters on title

Hello everyone, I recently set up a little local stream successfully. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is when playing audio with Japanese characters on its name, why does the track title get destroyed completely.

I'm using a Mac Mini with Nicecast to stream to my SHOUTcast Server v2.4.7.256/posix(linux x64).

The track title should look like this

But instead looks like:

I've tried googling for a few hours whether the problem was with Nicecast itself or if there was some configuration on my ShoutCAST / Linux machine that I was missing.

Thanks for the help!
webflashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 15:22   #2
ariszlo
Major Dude

According to this post, disabling Altacast and using web export instead may solve the issue: SHOUTcast character encoding
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 21:38   #3
webflashing

Thank you for your reply. I tried following the post steps and succesfully managed to update the title via Web Export on RadioDJ.

The thing is, that it's still showing up incorrectly. Here, look at the log:

2015-10-15 23:27:41 INFO [SRC 186.18.134.209 sid=1] Title update [初音ミク - ロミオとシンデレラ]
2015-10-15 23:27:42 INFO [ADMINCGI sid=1] Title updated [ó߯ - íߪh·óÇìé]

As you can see, immediately after receiving the Japanese title SHOUTcast does something to it and destroys it. If in the log is showing up ok, why is shoutcast changing it to something not readable?

Thanks!
Old 10th November 2015, 12:53   #4
webflashing

Anyone else has any idea of what can be causing this? I'm running Shoutcast on a Ubuntu server, if it's any help.

You can see that some titles get all scrambled up here http://odysseyradio.cf/
Thanks!
Old 10th November 2015, 14:08   #5
neralex
Major Dude

I tested your posted stream-title "初音ミク - ロミオとシンデレラ" with a direct input via GET with my browser and it works without any issues.

It seems your source-client makes some trouble while creating/sending titles with special-characters to the DNAS. I would contact the support of your used source-client to find a solution because this isn't a issue of the SHOUTcast DNAS.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2015, 16:03   #6
webflashing

Hi @neralex, thank you for replying.

I'm using RadioDJ to stream the content to the DNAS, found another guy's post here on how to safely announce the track title to the dnas when it had another character encoding but it doesn't seem to work.

Besides from that, I'm gonna try and find a solucion from the RadioDJ application then. What I find odd is that in the shoutcast log the title appears correctly and then gets scrambled in the log itself as you can see here

which leads me to believe that the problem is with my DNAS configuration rather than with the source. But as I said, I'll look into that too.

Thank you
Old 10th November 2015, 16:34   #7
neralex
Major Dude

To close out that the issue is based on your DNAS try these steps:

1. login as admin in your DNAS
2. Use this URL and check what is happen:

odysseyradio.cf:8000/admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=updinfo&song=初音ミク - ロミオとシンデレラ
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags