Old 27th November 2006, 23:36   #1
pertheusual

Stretch Milkdrop across dual monitors?

It just occurred to me that stretching Milkdrop across 2 screens at once would be supremely awesome, and I was wondering if this had ever been done.

If it's impossible, it that just because it's not implemented or simply not possible with DirectX.

It seems to me that DirectX should be able to support it, and stretching a window across both screens obviously just doesn't cut it.

Thanks.

::goes to stare blankly at source code::

-Per
pertheusual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 05:48   #2
Jibkid

Send a message via ICQ to Jibkid Send a message via AIM to Jibkid Send a message via Yahoo to Jibkid
I have done this to success! I was merely messing around with Milkdrop, after i was unsucessful in finding a solution for multi-monitor support via Milkdrop & Winamp.

And I found myself on your thread about this same situation! Coincidence?!
Jibkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 22:21   #3
CoolJets

Send a message via AIM to CoolJets
Care to enlighten us Jibkid?
CoolJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 23:58   #4
Jibkid

Send a message via ICQ to Jibkid Send a message via AIM to Jibkid Send a message via Yahoo to Jibkid
Quote:
Originally posted by CoolJets
Care to enlighten us Jibkid?
well, since i am not able to utilize Milkdrop2 on both monitors simultaneously, i have resorted to stretching it so it covers both monitors. It is a temporary fix until something comes out to address the dual-monitor output issue
Jibkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:43   #5
imported

Bump...

Any solutions to this?

i have two Geforce 8600 GT video cards (connected together with the SLI Bridge). each card can support 2 monitors, but i currently only have 3 monitors set up...

although these visualizations are complex, I'm currently running a Intel Core 2 Quad processor with 4 GB of ram. Each video card has 512 MB of ram on it.. this system should be able to run the plug-in smoothly across all three monitors, but it is a little choppy. I'm sure that it is due to the fact my resolution on each monitor is maxed out as follows:
Monitor #1: 1600 X 1200 (19" Graphics CRT)
Monitor #2: 1680 x 1050 (22" Flat LCD)
Monitor #3: 1680 x 1050 (22" Flat LCD)

I'm sure that bumping my resolutions down will give me better performance when I'm stretching windowed version of milkdrop across all three, but that is a real pain in the rear...

here is an idea, someone with the know-how should make a plug-in that would re-size each monitor to a specified resolution and set the windowed visualization to span across all three..

Although i can not monitor the load on my video-cards when i am running the windowed version across multiple monitors, i do see that my CPU is being used more than when in standard docked or small windowed mode. is there anyway (or other plug-ins) that would utilize the video-card resources more than the system processor?

anyway, any help with this is appreciated!
imported is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop