Old 27th August 2022, 18:54   #1
JHOTR

Station on Directory not playing sound

Hello!
I am at a point where i'm unsure of what else to try to solve this, maybe someone here can help

I'm currently using the BUTT encoder to broadcast and from my end everything is working correctly, sound is coming through and i can even hear my station playing on the Admin page when i click play under "station is currently active" page.

However, when i go to listen to my station in the Shoutcast directory it is dead silent?
I've checked everything i know to check, the station says it's been registered and currently up and active. has anyone else been able to resolve this issue?
JHOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2022, 19:07   #2
NJK
FRISIAN

see attached files what shoutcast.com tells me when trying to listen.

edit , can't connect with station in two mediaplayers which means there must be something wrong on your side with the input
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test Stream.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	55025  
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2022, 19:14   #3
JHOTR

hmm, i'm honestly not sure where to go from here.

Listing Status: Stream is currently up and publicListen to Stream
Stream Status: Stream is up (MP3 @ 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz) with 0 of 512 listeners
Listener Peak: 2
Stream Name: TEST - JHOTR

and the it lists the stream information. do you have an idea on how to fix this issue? sorry if my info seems vague, i'm not very tech savy unfortunately lol
JHOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2022, 21:06   #4
NJK
FRISIAN

it's with the limited info you can give something with the input , there are settings in your DSP not right.
which player do you use to play audio?
Old 28th August 2022, 00:17   #5
PhantomMoon

Same issue

I have this exact issue too. Except I am using winamp encoder and player. I can hear it streaming through my shoutcast admin page but not in the shoutcast directory. I'm not sure what I have done wrong as I'm extremely new to all this. I'm not sure how to correct my media url error
I have followed all the documents shoutcast has provided and maybe I've looked over something but I'm not sure.
PhantomMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2022, 08:54   #6
NJK
FRISIAN

what does the radiomanager page tell you?
Old 29th August 2022, 05:02   #7
PhantomMoon

My radio manager shows that it is all working. It even plays the radio through it. There is no errors thrown. But when I try play through the shoutcast directory or any other service it is silent. I have tried turning it private then public again and nothing happens its the same.
PhantomMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2022, 01:29   #8
aba06111998

Same Issue - No Solution

I also having the same issue.... I already reported this issue before... And I'm waiting for so long time.... Still no improvements ... Everything is ok on my side... The Problem is on their side and even they're not interested to look what problem they have...

Their response was always be like ... Please check this... Please check that.... It's better if you use this or that... Please read this ... It will help you... Etc...

They never give a solution to this because they don't have a solution to this problem !
Enough !

aba06111998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support