Old 27th April 2007, 15:00   #81
Mr_ViRuZ

Hmm I'd like to get hold of recent versions of cueplayer.
However all the urls submitted by ETNOS say "URL submitted by user"

edit:

Nevermind, a little bit of Googling got me his website and the 0.57 which works perfectly thanks Etnos!
Mr_ViRuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 20:01   #82
Tr0ll

need the cue player 0.56 alpha ... have it deleted :\
has it someone for me plz ?

Last edited by Tr0ll; 30th April 2007 at 21:50.
Tr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2007, 23:30   #83
flocksoft
Major Dude

why 0.56 alpha? 0.57 is out

on CUE Player official page, you can find the latest release (I can't find 0.56 alpha, just a version called 0.56)
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 00:35   #84
ETONO

Mr_Vruz: great
flocksoft: with a creative modification of the URL you can actually download the alpha version as well
Kiyouta and dslava: could you see if http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/v0.57b/in_cue.dll solves the problem

DjEgg: i am working on a total rewrite of the plugin for unicode with a more robust parser (read "more failure conditions"), more messages if it detects some problems. But in mean while you could try if this new one solves the "?????" in the title problem
ETONO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 00:43   #85
Tr0ll

hehe
THX ETONO !
Tr0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 00:48   #86
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO
flocksoft: with a creative modification of the URL you can actually download the alpha version as well
Hi ETONO (aka Etnos ), I'll be very creative in the future

request\suggestion for features: can you map please the REM GENRE, REM COMMENT, REM DATE values in cue files respectively to genre, comment and year?
Old 1st May 2007, 09:43   #87
dslava

Send a message via ICQ to dslava
hi ETONO

Now It opens messagebox with text "cue player parse error "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture.jpg (12.9 KB, 665 views)
dslava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 09:58   #88
dslava

and here is this cue-file

PERFORMER "alexei aigui & pierre bastien"
TITLE "musique cyrillique"
FILE "musique cytillique.ape" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "musique defunerailles"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "musique de recueillement"
INDEX 01 04:22:27
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "musique de rejouissance"
INDEX 01 08:50:58
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "musique pour la divination"
INDEX 01 14:15:74
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "musique pour la relaxation"
INDEX 01 15:43:01
Old 1st May 2007, 12:21   #89
JacknLime

Thanks for updating the plugin to work with 5.34

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the cue files to unpack in the media library. When I scan a directory using the watch folders or just drag the dir onto the media library the mp3 and cue file appear in the media library., but the cue file doesn't unpack itself and list the different tracks.

I thought I had it working in one of the betas but maybe I was just dreaming. Can't seem to get it working on any 5.33 or 5.34 clean installs just tried then for the media library. I'm using winamp 5.34, cue player 0.57 and vista ultimate.

Is the media library part of the cue plugin broken at the moment or is my computer just playing silly?
JacknLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 12:32   #90
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ETONO
Yup. 0.57b fixes ????? in the taskbar. Yay!

Cheers :-)

@dslava
Could you maybe zip up a couple of your .cue files and attach them here?

@JacknLime
Have you enabled ML Support in the config?
Prefs > Plugins > Input > Cue Player > config:
-Enable ML Support (requires Winamp restart)
-Unpack cue files when added

(also, if using v0.57b, make sure only the new in_cue.dll is present, and not any of the old gen_cue or ml_cue dll's.) <-- oops. misinformation / see below :-o
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2007, 12:44   #91
dslava

DJ Egg

oh, i see - this one had mistype in file name in it (but old mp3cue plugin worked perfect even with this error - so it was very hard to find it). i fixed misstype - and now it's ok. also the previous described problem has gone.

let me test some more cue-files from my 500gb lossless collection
Old 1st May 2007, 14:08   #92
ETONO

Flocksoft, I will be added in the rewrite (in fact i have already added it). None of the REM tags seem to be on a consistant format though so it might not work for all files.

JacknLime: I am sure it has worked in one of the versions. 0.56 however did not work with the new versions since it didn't hook the CreateFileW function (only CreateFileA). Don't follow Dj Eggs advice however, gen_cue.dll should be present for this to work. The need for it will be removed in a future version.

Dj Egg: Does it work with or without the old gen_cue.dll?
Old 1st May 2007, 14:25   #93
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Ahh, right. I wasn't sure if gen_cue.dll was also needed.

Yes, it still works fine with both the new in_cue.dll and the older gen_cue.dll present (ie. there's still no ????? in the taskbar for unicode titles).

So it's just the old ml_cue.dll which is no longer required?

The cue files loaded/played fine for me with just the new in_cue.dll present (I personally don't require ML support, just load/playback support). But yeah, an all-in-one plugin solution (ie. just in_cue.dll) would probably be nice...

Cheers

-Egg

ps. btw, what's with the Plugins page in config?
It lists all the extensions, but for 'Use this plugin' it says 'None' for all of them. Didn't it used to list the respective plugins there, eg. for AAC & MP3 it'd say 'Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder', etc?
Old 1st May 2007, 19:01   #94
Kiyouta

Quote:
Originally posted by ETONO
Kiyouta and dslava: could you see if http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/v0.57b/in_cue.dll solves the problem
I have no idea why, but opening cue files from Windows Explorer started working even before I used the one you suggest above. Perhaps something was silently updated in the lateast 5.34 build to fix it anyway?

Quote:
request\suggestion for features: can you map please the REM GENRE, REM COMMENT, REM DATE values in cue files respectively to genre, comment and year?
I second this Keep up the good work ETONO!
Kiyouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:57   #95
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
ps. btw, what's with the Plugins page in config?
It lists all the extensions, but for 'Use this plugin' it says 'None' for all of them. Didn't it used to list the respective plugins there, eg. for AAC & MP3 it'd say 'Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder', etc?
yes, confirmed!

I'm just switched from 0.57 to 0.57b; 0.57b shows only "none" for every audio format (at least with 5.34 build 1278)
Old 3rd May 2007, 18:33   #96
ETONO

Great to have people testing this stuff. The plugin-configuration problem has been tracked down to something fishy with a multimap::equal_range. For some reason it returns a pair of iterators that point to the same thing even though all my tests show that the correct data is in the container.
Old 7th May 2007, 02:45   #97
ETONO

Sorry for my late reply. Apparently the strings were double zero-terminated (again). http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/v0.57c/in_cue.dll

Should fix all but one problem. Tested playlist extensions and media library support in the final 5.34. It seems it isn't expanding tracks correctly when adding files through the open file dialog. It should be an easy fix though, probably just a matter of hooking the GetOpenFileNameW function.
Old 7th May 2007, 04:05   #98
flocksoft
Major Dude

Winamp 5.34 (build 1278) & CUE Player 0.57c:

plugins tab now is ok

thank you for the good work ETONO
Old 7th May 2007, 04:28   #99
flocksoft
Major Dude

a question: CUE Player Information panel uses MS Sans Serif 8 as font, but this is not a Unicode fonts...

so, although CUE Player reads UTF-8 cue files, using MS Sans Serif cannot show all the characters (like japanese in this test)

obtaining this:

so, maybe an Unicode font for the information panel?
Old 7th May 2007, 04:45   #100
ETONO

It is not as easy as just changing the font. The problem is that it reads the UTF8-chars but treats them as ANSI. (Except for the embedded FLAC-cue sheets which actually treats it as UTF8, wont get any nice output anyway since it is converted to ANSI resulting in, I am guessing, questionmarks)
Old 9th May 2007, 22:56   #101
ETONO

Been fiddling with the unicode support for the next cue player.

Shows a cue file in the cue file information dialog. Unfortunately this is about the only thing that is working at the moment. The parser is rewritten completely giving "lots" of messages when it runs into problems parsing a file. In most cases these aren't fatal and it will continue processing.

Next up is reimplementing the playback functionality =)

All code is fairly neat and tidy as well =)
Old 9th May 2007, 23:43   #102
flocksoft
Major Dude

hi ETONO! nice news

we'll wait for the next release

bye
Old 29th May 2007, 14:51   #103
gwidonus

First of all I'd like to say that your plugin is a great piece of work and to thank you

However, I'm experiencing problems with certain paths. Please consider a path "c:\muzyka\Divine Liturgy (Orthodox) - Rachmaninov - Liturgy Of St John Chrysostom - St Petersburg Chamber Choir - Korniev (EAC FLAC CUE)\St Petersburg Chamber Choir - Korniev - Rachmaninoff - Liturgy Of St John Chrysostom.flac".

It's only 227 characters long, the exact filename is 90 characters long, though, I'm unable to play tracks with number <10, unless I put the .cue and .flac file in a path that is short (like c:\something) and doesn't contain brackets, which seems strange to me. I think it has something to do with the parser again. Thanks in advance for your interest in the issue
gwidonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 17:04   #104
gwidonus

Works OK with http://etono.cplusplus.se/cueplay/v0.57c/in_cue.dll
gwidonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 15:58   #105
flocksoft
Major Dude

cue sheet for the files played through DirectShow filters

on a bonus dvd recently bought I found the 5.1 audio mixing (in .dts and .ac3 formats) of the album

I'm using the same cue sheet of original stereo album (working good), but I cannot listen the last track in .cue sheet for the files played through DirectShow filters (.ac3 and .dts in this case)

maybe because these formats don't report correct length in Winamp
Old 17th July 2007, 08:24   #106
composer

Would be nice, if right clicking the folder with audio file and cue sheet ==> Play in Winamp
would bring up in the playlist editor only the tracks from cue sheet, and not the audio file itself too.

If not otherwise, it could be done by filter that allowed to exclude say CD_image.* files.

Thanks.
composer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007, 09:36   #107
flocksoft
Major Dude

go in Winamp Preferences -> Plugins -> Input -> CUE Player and enable Remove referenced audio files checkbox; anyway the .cue files will be expanded only when playing them (the Winamp Preferences -> General Preferences -> Titles -> Metadata Reading options have no effect on the .cue expansion)
Old 24th July 2007, 20:13   #108
Kiyouta

I can't import CUE files into the media library without ml_cue.dll (0.56 alpha) being present. I'm using the latest 0.57 in_cue.dll and gen_cue.dll. (That is, the cue files are not unpacked. Yes, the option is ticked)

Btw, the plugin never seems to unpack cue files properly when Winamp scans folders in the background. I've always had to manually re-add cue file folders manually.

Also, the "cache" feature is rather annoying. If I alter a cue file and play it again, the plugin doesn't realise it has changed and continues to use old information. Where is the cache stored and how can I delete it?
Old 11th October 2007, 01:14   #109
Kiyouta

In Winamp 5.5, in_cue.dll causes Winamp to crash after a while after starting. Alas, simply moving the Windows Error Reporting tool out of the way allows you to continue using Winamp.
Old 11th October 2007, 02:30   #110
flocksoft
Major Dude

I've Winamp 5.5 (b1640), CUE Player 0.57c from this thread (in_cue.dll, gen_cue.dll, without ml_cue.dll) and other third party plugins running with no problems
Old 12th October 2007, 14:15   #111
oYx

can somebody upload the latest cue player plugin somewhere? the official site seems to be down.
oYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 16:12   #112
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Cue Player 0.57c mirror (in_cue.dll & gen_cue.dll)
http://stashbox.org/43389/CuePlayer057c.zip
Old 12th October 2007, 18:17   #113
oYx

thanks!
oYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 00:27   #114
AMDZen

Hmmm
AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:38   #115
Stone Free

What does the Unpack embedded cue sheets under the FLAC tab do, as it doesn't seem to do what I expect?

It just plays the entire .flac file rather than showing the individual songs that are described in the .flac file. I seem to have to used the separate cue file that was exported in the same directory.
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 08:03   #116
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
in_cue errors

2DJ Egg
Why we use 3rd party CUE for winamp?
May be just the time made Nulsoft CUE?

PS
Example: when in Bento I try fast toggle between Tabs - "Media Library" & "Video"

in_cue 0.57c get error to often

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.5.0.1640 ModName: in_cue.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0003fe12

(Error attach in file)
Attached Files
File Type: rar b54e_appcompat.rar (5.7 KB, 695 views)
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 06:04   #117
gh0std0g

I had to rollback to cue player version available for download from WinAMP site back from 0.57c as it kept crashing WinAMP (5.5).

The reason I was looking for better cue player was lack of playlist expansion in Media Library Playlist view. Shell "Enqueue in Winamp" on a .cue file also didn't expand it - this time in Playlist Editor. I had all the checkboxes checked in plugin options. That doesn't seem to work in 0.57c too.
gh0std0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 07:55   #118
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmmm... strange. It works perfectly ok for me.
Old 13th November 2007, 01:04   #119
mpeople

Quote:
Originally posted by flocksoft
go in Winamp Preferences -> Plugins -> Input -> CUE Player and enable Remove referenced audio files checkbox; anyway the .cue files will be expanded only when playing them (the Winamp Preferences -> General Preferences -> Titles -> Metadata Reading options have no effect on the .cue expansion)
Funny, some of the checkboxes are inactive incl. the "Remove referenced audio files".

I have winamp 5.5 with the in_cue and gen_cue.

An idea how I can make them active?
mpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 15:42   #120
Kiyouta

Without ml_cue.dll, Media Library expansion doesn't work for me. I'm using the latest DLLs as linked by DJ Egg, but expansion fails. Yes, the relevant check boxes are ticked.
With ml_cue.dll, it expands fine.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion