Old 19th November 2003, 03:41   #1
anubis2003
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to anubis2003
website aesthetics

[link]

I have been working on my newly created website a lot recently, and finally created a banner for it. I'm not all that proud in it - it's just a simple font banner, but I think it looks okay(font is called "alchemist", btw). Well, anyways, I wanted some feedback on it(as well as the aesthetic side of my entire website). Also, if you would like to give a go at creating a banner, I would put your name on the main page if I use it. The banner must have background color #F3F3F3 foreground color #E0E0E0.

Mainly, I'm just looking for suggestions, though. The banner would just be a nice plus. Oh, and btw, I should be getting a domain name this next weekend. www.overthemonkey.com
anubis2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 03:43   #2
Namelessv1
Forum King

It's nice, clean, and simple. It's not overly graphic-intensive. Very easy on the eyes.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2003, 04:22   #3
anubis2003
Forum King

thanks - that's my main aim with it. I don't want to have a lot of heavy graphics - just a couple simple ones(well for now just the banner, but I think a few others will come). I have kept the entire page to only 6 colors, I think.

Btw - if anyone wants to create an account - the first thread on the main page basically explains everything if you can't figure it out. It's basically just a bare-boned deviantArt kinda setup right now. I'm going to make it a bit more as time passes. Any suggestions on how the website is setup are also welcome. I've been working a bit on the user-friendliness of it recently(my computer-illiterate friends have definitely helped me figure out some stuff to change).
Old 19th November 2003, 21:04   #4
Pixelcraft
Wildly Confused
(Major Dude)

maybe you could add a little color? the whites and grays are a little dull imo

"It's like saying give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton, and of course that's not true, give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer and he doesn't become...whoever; he doesn't become us." - Roger Waters
Pixelcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2003, 04:18   #5
anubis2003
Forum King

I think I'm going to add different color themes, but they will probably all be one color themes - just different shades. It'll mean I'll have to go and template everything though - oh well - shouldn't be too bad.
Old 6th December 2003, 22:46   #6
mors3

imho the greys are too close together, maybe make the grid outline and the main logo col darker to bring the elements out a bit?
mors3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Arts and Design