Old 19th July 2005, 08:58   #1
DJ Nirvana

Lightbulb How i rip DJ mixes

In my experience dj sets/mix compilations in "track" based form is kinda messy to handle & lacks an tag standard. I think it's much easier to have one big file and store the track info in an external cuesheet. This is how i do:

1. Use Exact Audio Copy to create an Image + Cuesheet that you encode into MP3.

2. Then i use this tag layout:

filename: DJ Abdel - 2002 - Funky Cops (OST).mp3

track: Funky Cops (OST)
artist: DJ Abdel
album: Funky Cops (OST)
year: 2002
grene: Funk

3. Use Cuemaster to edit the cuesheet. Only fill in "ARTIST" & "TITLE" in the disc information (the other fields is non-standard & isn't used)Make sure the tracks looks like: artist / title

4. Close & open the cuesheet in Notepad. Remove all lines containing "REM" since they are unessecery & won't be used. Then make sure the name of the MP3 file is matching the file name in the Cuesheet.

5. Get Guerillasoft's MP3CUE plugin and install it. MP3CUE will provide an extra window containing a tracklist based on the cuesheet. Right-click in & choose "Configure Plugin". Choose "Hide when no cue info is found" (it will hazzle you less).

NOTE!
Many people don't like cuesheet & complain that it's hard to use it and when splitting, it always results in noises/cracks at the end of the track. But since (at least according to me) most dj mixes is nothing more than one big song i see no need of splitting it up.
DJ Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama