Old 22nd November 2010, 15:20   #1
dapascha

5.581 vs Win7 & FoxyTunes

I installed the latest Winamp version a few days ago. Since, everytime I start the program the Windows 7 User Account Control prompts me if I want to make changes to the system.

Also, since the upgrade the FoxyTunes plugin hasn't been working - if I open the player or use any of the controls within Firefox, I again get the Windows 7 UAC prompt and then nothing happens, so I can't control Winamp from my browser (it does work in Internet Explorer). Turning off UAC partly or completely has no effect.

Has anyone else noticed this?
dapascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:34   #2
DrO

open preferences -> general preferences -> file types -> make sure 'Restore file associations at Winamp start-up' is unchecked. that's usually the main reason for the UAC prompt when Winamp starts. if that is unchecked then will need more information about your install (plug-ins list, etc).

the reason FoxyTunes fails is due to Winamp running elevated and generally elevated and un-elevated apps aren't allowed to communicate between each other. resolving the UAC prompt on start-up should hopefully resolve it as well (though not 100% certain on that with FoxyTunes being non-related to Winamp directly and i've not used UAC for a while so i can't remember what is / isn't meant to happen).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:53   #3
dapascha

Thanks for the speedy reply!! Much appreciated..

Unfortunately however... the file association restore function is unchecked (as is the ' maintain file association' in the winamp agent section). I did a complete uninstall/clean install, and only added the flac-plugin (in_flac.dll, v2.1).

Any ideas?
dapascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:43   #4
DrO

you could have a look at the properties of Winamp.exe to see if that has been set to always run as an adminstrator (or any shortcuts you use to load Winamp).

if not then http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins may give an idea of what is going on.

however there's no need to install the flac plug-in as it's been part of the official Winamp version for a few years now (and is more compatible with newer Winamp client features than v2.1 was).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support