Old 22nd July 2012, 10:15   #1
lgrijander

Shoutcasting two or more live sources ?

Hello there, I want to shoutcast two or more live sources from one computer and I have hit a wall. In my machine I have several capture devices (Behringer UCA202) they appear as capture devices on windows and can be used by any windows audio software.

The problem I hit is that the Shoutcast DSP pluging automatically defaults for the default windows capture and does not allow to select the desired capture device.

How can I select in the Shouthcast DSP plugin different capture devices other than the default windows capture device ?

On the other hand, will the shoutcast transcoder allow to select different capture devices ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
lgrijander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:37   #2
DrO

that's how the Source DSP currently works (am assuming you're using a v2 based release). it may be changed at a later date but that is not guaranteed and the capture mode on Vista / Win7 machines is far from ideal with it anyway.

the capture support in the Transcoder is patchy at best as well - you may be able to get it working with the Windows version, but in general the non-Windows builds don't work or don't work as expected when trying to use the capture support.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support