Old 29th May 2000, 21:20   #1
jimginn

Is there a way to have Winamp monitor a 'temporary' directory for input. If a playable file format is in the directory:

1) play it
2) move or remove the file
3) play the next file if available ...

without writing a C++ interface using the API interface in the developer section?

jimginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 11:06   #2
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

simple answer is no.

Complex answer is go write a plugin!
THEMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 14:34   #3
DiGiTaLdRoPoUt

Q1:YES YOU CAN!
right click mouse on PLAY button,select "DIRECTORY" (OR:right click on front of winamp, select PLAY>DIRECTORY) & choose your directory. OR: DRAG & DROP songs into WINAMP'S PLAYLIST.(or use OPENFILES on "playbar") !SAVE YOUR PLAYLISTS! cause winamp remembers which directory there in(you can have a playlist play a mix from MULTIPLE Directories!)(you can also change your current playlist & save it for different order,etc.)
Q2: use mouse in playlist window to "DRAG" songs up & down to change order.use REM (bottom of playlist) to remove song that is BLUE HIGHLIGHTED, use ADD button(playlist) to add songfrom a directory.(or drag n drop from Explorer,Filemanager, etc.)(!SAVE PLAYLISTS!,then you wont have to do it again!,& you can make custom playlists from the first one,use SAVE at bottom of playlist). This only edits CURRENT PLAYLIST, WINAMP'S NOT GONNA ERASE YOUR SONGS!!!
Q3:USE BACK/NEXT buttons on "PLAYBAR"(buttons from left to right on front of WINAMP= back/play/pause/stop/next/OPENFILES/shuffle/repeat)to go back or forward one song, OR Doble click on ANY song in playlist to "JUMP" to other songs. WINAMP SHOULD play the whole list after you start playing 1st song,if it doesn't theres an option cause mine does. (Write back if u cant find it, or try REPEAT(on playbar, beside shuffle button)& the whole list will keep repeating)
ALSO:SHUFFLE= random play of playlist
P.S. let me know if u can find out what "Recurse Subdirectories" means(right click on front of WNAMP>PLAY>DIRECTORY when u go this way,there's a check box)(mine was on when I got it, & I'm not touchin' it until I know. RECURSE. I'm off to get a Dictionary....

Old 30th May 2000, 19:37   #4
jimginn

Thanks for your reply! I thought so ... We'll probalbly rich a 'c' interface do dynamically 'get' a playlist ...

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THEMike:
simple answer is no.

Complex answer is go write a plugin!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jimginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support