Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 15th April 2014, 09:55   #1
sairams

Wish to Have New Station but Unclear Answers - Help Needed Badly

Hi All,

I am new to Internet Radio Station. I would like to set up one very soon - Tamil Spiritual Radio Station. I just tried with Listen2MYRADIO with ShoutCast Winamp Server and streaming from my machine it worked fine.

Now I got plenty of questions on my mind which eating my time and I am not satisfied with other short answers which is not crisp.

I feel I can get the Knowledge here so that I can go for better solution. Please help me guys.

First let me tell you What I Am Expecting from Internet Radio Station and then What are my Queries Are.

What I Want:
1. Internet Radio Station with 24 hours playing
2. Control panel to upload songs and schedule the timing.
3. Sharing the link to others or Embed the player to my blogger domain and share my blogger website.
4. Layman access - means anyone who has basic knowledge on computers can manage this work. I dont want some techie's dependancy always.

Queries:
1. Do we need separate machine to stream always or is it possible to upload the songs to the cloud and schedule it - so it will play automatically without human effort?

2. How much does it cost to implement for one station and approx 300+ listeners. Mostly all the songs are in 320kbps CD (happy to say that I got the rights to play) and voice (experiences) are Mono versions.

3. Is it possible to use Auto DJ for all 24 hours all the time without any problem?

4. Which server is the best in terms of reliability and price wise?

5. How to implement the code in my blogger domain or do I need to buy separate domain for serving this purpose?

6. What should I do now as a first step?

Please all help me to setup one station soon and serve for people.

Thanks,
Sai Ram
sairams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 00:23   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

Read http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags