Old 9th February 2001, 21:12   #1
jarich

As I'm developing an application for controlling the video mixer WJ-MX 50 (the standard VJ-mixer), I'm using the WVS beat detection to time effects and mixing.
But, because mixing takes time (like one BPM), I've got already one BPM latency. So, to correctly time the wipe I'm going to do, I need the BPM count instead of the beat-event (as described in the WVS 'Box' example).

Is there a way to extract the counter? Or is it to be added in the future? I would really like that...

regards, Jarich
jarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2001, 17:56   #2
luma

wowee! an mx-50 APE for AVS? too cool - cept i use 2 mx-1's

anyway, wouldn't it be somewhat trivial to time the beat events exported from avs to recreate the bpm?

and here's something that would be MEGA USEFUL - an APE that would send beat information back into AVS. the beat info could come from tapping a key on the keyboard (like a tap tempo function), or - even cooler - from MIDI beat clock info. whadaya think?
luma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2001, 00:13   #3
jarich

Yes, it would be trivial to recreate the bpm. But as i'm not a professional developer i don't know another way to do it (except to program a own beat detection... phff - thx to the winamp guys for that)
As for the program: a working version will soon be posted somewhere... i've to create some kind of a website for it... maybe i'll post the source also, so some guys can develop it further...
I'm planning to do a 'mouse tap pad' also. Midi beat clock should be programmed by someone else, as i've no plans/no experience...

watch this thread for more news...
Old 26th February 2001, 16:26   #4
jarich

more info about wjmx50 controller program

As promised, a temporarily direct link to my new site, with more information about the wjmx50 controller:

http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.f.koning

contact me at icq#54654639 or jarich@home.nl
Old 5th March 2001, 13:43   #5
jarich

New Version

A new version is available from http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.f.koning

cheers, Jarich
Old 2nd April 2001, 16:19   #6
jarich

program online

As the controller seems to function without problems live, I've put the controller online for direct download. It should be on the winamp site in a short time also.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support