Old 13th December 2011, 10:13   #1
asca

Winamp crashes on visualizations

Hi, I have a clean installation of Win 7/64, latest drivers for everything, 6MB of Ram and a Radeon 4850 as video card. I used Winamp for years, from the first versions on Win 3.1, but now there a problem I can't resolve by myself: everytime I try to use visualizations Winamp freeze and crashes.. I use default setting and I have only the ShgoutCast Radio plugin installed.. and it works fine...
If I try to open visual. nothing appears, only the black default window if I touch one of the buttons ...Winamp freeze, but I can still listen what's playing. the list of presets, f.e. is allways on the screen and doesn't disappear until I close Winamp.
Some trick ?
asca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 10:20   #2
DrO

are you using a language pack? if so then it's known that in some cases when using a language pack at least the Milkdrop plug-in won't respond / appear to do anything correctly. as you've not provided the required plug-ins list (as per http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and the sticky threads at the top of this forum), i'm having to guess at what your issue is (and i really don't like doing that).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 10:29   #3
asca

Sorry, I'm not English and so excuse my errors... here's the plugins list
And ..yes I use a language pack, but it freezes also without the litalian language pack (downloaded from the winamp site )
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_compat_list.txt (1.9 KB, 104 views)
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_ext.txt (3.7 KB, 112 views)
Old 14th December 2011, 16:49   #4
asca

Quote:
Originally Posted by asca View Post
Sorry, I'm not English and so excuse my errors... here's the plugins list
And ..yes I use a language pack, but it freezes also without the litalian language pack (downloaded from the winamp site )
UP what's wrong now ?
Old 14th December 2011, 17:11   #5
DrO

you've provided the standalone tools reports instead of the ones from the plug-in version which would give more information to try to work against.

though it could be anything from graphics card drivers exposing issues in the plug-in to your machine just not liking the visualisation being used.

-daz
Old 14th December 2011, 17:28   #6
asca

Tx .
Done here's the report
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (21.6 KB, 128 views)
Old 14th December 2011, 17:35   #7
DrO

ok, you're using the AVS plug-in which is known to potentially crash on Windows 7. there is a newer version (v2.83) but that then causes some presets to not appear in the same way as v2.81d would do.

so you have two options, either try to get a copy of v2.83 from one of the older Winamp installs (it was reverted to v2.81d due to complaints from the AVS community in v5.61, so you'd need to find an earlier installer) or change to using a different visualisation like Milkdrop.

-daz
Old 14th December 2011, 17:43   #8
asca

OK thanks a lot... but how can I uninstall the avs plug-in ? Have I do reinstall winamp ?
Old 14th December 2011, 17:54   #9
DrO

you can do it via the preferences and the 'uninstall' option on the vis plug-in preference page, or close Winamp and delete vis_avs.dll from the plug-ins folder (whch is what the first option does) or just select a different plug-in from the list.

-daz
Old 14th December 2011, 18:10   #10
asca

GREAT ! It seems working fine... I'll notice if something goes wrong, but for now it works good. I can't configure it but default it's ok.
Thank you for the support !!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support