Old 10th February 2004, 12:44   #41
SailorMax

Re: >= 5.00

Quote:
Originally posted by SailorMax
(as visualisation setup MilkDrop)
(as skin use classic)

~~~~~~~~
1. When winamp in normal WindowShade mode, dblClick on "Classic Visualisation", it open MilkDrop and "Classic Visualisation" don't change.
But when winamp in "line" WindowShade mode, dblClick on "Classic Visualisation", it open MilkDrop and "Classic Visualisation" change, like I 2 separate times click on it...

2. Winamp have "Always on top" = on. Make MilkDrop on fullscreen and return it on window mode. "Always on top" lost. (in menu it still checked, but not active)

3. MilkDrop work in window mode. If press "pause", winamp "eat" vera much CPU resource.

4. in Media Library after first click on "Now Playing", long time Media Library like sleep (I think while loading IE-component)
~~~~~~~~

And you yet do not want to add in Media Library ps parameter a way to a file? For search and on it.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

5.00 ???
Latest version is 5.02
#3 is a known issue
Can't reproduce or understand 1/2/4

[/Edit]
WinAmp 5.02

1. try doubeclick on "Classic Visualisation" in both modes of main windows of winamp (classic skin). different reaction of "Classic Visualisation"...

2. "Always on top" lost after return from fullscreen of MilkMod.

3. while first time load component of IE, we can't do anything.
Old 10th February 2004, 22:06   #42
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@SailorMax

Ok, I've managed to reproduce 1 & 2. Thanks =)

I was a bit confused by your terminology at first.

1. Classic skin, any vis plugin.
Make sure "disable built-in vis when vis plugin active" is unchecked in: Prefs > Plugins.
Make sure spectrum analyzer is on.
Normal window mode, double click in spectrum area to start vis plugin.
Note how everything is ok (vis plugin window opens, spectrum is still running).

Close vis plugin window.
Switch main window to windowshade mode,
and now double click in spectrum area.
Note how spectrum analyzer is now OFF.

2. Milkdrop related bug (doesn't occur if AVS is active plugin)

Classic skin
Enable 'always on top'
Start Milkdrop.
Go fullscreen, escape from fullscreen.
'always on top' is still checkmarked, but no longer active.

Modern skin.
Same procedure
except 'always on top' is no longer checkmarked.

Re: #3 (#4 in original report)
Still can't understand/reproduce.
Please provide system specs (mobo, cpu, ram, graphics), internet connection type, Windows OS & IE version etc, and confirmation of no 3rd-party plugins.
Old 11th February 2004, 09:14   #43
SailorMax

Quote:
I was a bit confused by your terminology at first.
^_^ I doesn't know how to name some elements ^_^
And my english wishes the best

Quote:
Re: #3 (#4 in original report)
Still can't understand/reproduce.
Please provide system specs (mobo, cpu, ram, graphics), internet connection type, Windows OS & IE version etc, and confirmation of no 3rd-party plugins. [/B]
(what is mobo?
CPU 2000+
RAM 512
GPU Radeon 9000
XP SP1

looks like only after start windows. without start IE. start WinAmp, open MediaLibrary and click on "Now Playing". while loading IE component (sometimes it take 2-5 seconds) we can't do anything in MediaLibrary.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

mobo = motherboard

[/Edit]
Old 12th February 2004, 18:29   #44
nachokun

winamp crashes when trying to open an mp4 file.

winamp 5.02
winxp sp1
ecs k7s5a1, athlon 1600xp, 768mb ddr
hercules 3d prophet 4500 64mb (kyro 2), powervr 2.0.20.516
1. terratec dmx 6fire, 1.00.00.128
2. sblive 1024, kx 3536
dx 9.0b
nullsoft mp4 demuxer v0.3

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.2 ModName: libmp4v2.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000f59c
Old 12th February 2004, 19:59   #45
gtrst4jss

Tooltip in wrong place

WinXP Pro SP1
400MHz PII
246MB RAM
WA5.01
(I know this is the WA5.02 thread, but I didn't see a fix for this in the 5.02 fixes list)

I'm running a dual-monitor system.

I keep WA5 in the top-left corner of the right monitor, but certain tooltips when I mouse-over WA5 appear in the top-right corner of the left monitor:
Exit Winamp
Windowshade Mode
Minimize Winamp
Main Menu

NOTE: The attached ZIP has a bitmap screenshot in it. The screenshot was trimmed, but the left edge of the WA window is the border between the two screens. I'm mousing-over the Exit Winamp button, but the mouse cursor doesn't show in screenshots.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winamp tooltip bug.zip (42.1 KB, 608 views)
Old 13th February 2004, 11:34   #46
kaotix

Media Library Artist bug
========================

Just noticed this today with 5.01, saw there's a 5.02 version now, but still applies:

when there are some tagged files in the ML with the artist field containing parens, those files are not grouped as being the same artist.
Example: I got some albums by "The (International) Noise Conspiracy" and in the artist list, every track of them results in a new entry with track and album count being 1. When selecting one of them, however all tracks by the band appear in the track list as they should.
As soon as the files are retagged w/o parens in the artist name, all is well.
FWIW, I'm talking MP3 files with only ID3v2 tags.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
RAM: 256MB DDR
Sound: on-board (nForce2)
Gfx: nVidia TNT2 M64
DirectX: 9.0b
Winamp: 5.02
Media Library v2.02
no 3rd party plugins or skins
using default Modern Skin

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

From the Known Bugs sticky thread

-Issues with "apostrophes" and (brackets) in library metadata [info]

[/Edit]
Old 14th February 2004, 13:18   #47
siebe83
Forum King

focus main windows for scrolling volume

this problem has been mentioned before, but on the Wishlist Forum. That's why I quote it here.
It was mentioned by pellewalter ('focus problem'):
"A quick way to adjust the sound volume is to click on the main window with the mouse wheel (so that the main window gains focus) and then scroll the mouse wheel to adjust the volume. I used to use it all of the time, but i discovered that it didn't work with winamp 5.x if you are using modern skins. You have to click with the left mouse button in the main window instead. That's not so good because sometimes you accidently click on a button in the main window. It works to shift focus between the media library and playlist with the mouse wheel / middle mouse button. And it works with all windows if you use a classic skin."

Still doesn't work in 5.02...
Hope you can fix it.

By the way: I also experienced the slow response when doubleclicking a view in the media library with a lot of items in it. Hope you can fix that too.

Thanks,
siebe
Old 15th February 2004, 03:04   #48
Sammy20

1. Select all .ogg files in media library > Send to new playlist > then theres a slight delay, and then winamp crashes. Windows XP SP1 is reporting this =>

AppName: winamp.exe
AppVer: 5.0.0.2
ModName: in_vorbis.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0000cad2

You can also replicate this crash by selecting playlist > misc > select 'read extended file info'

When I do this with mp3 files its works fine.

Edit => Oh cool. Just fixed it, by unchecking "Use advance title formating"

Edit => Oh wait. That fixed it, but now its not reading the meta tags. Which was the purpose of doing this in the first place.
Old 18th February 2004, 23:02   #49
SailorMax

wrong length of midi used in library

if need, I can send you sample of midi.
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp_midi.png (6.0 KB, 682 views)
Old 21st February 2004, 10:04   #50
Phoenixized One

underruns of accelerated wma-files

System: Barton 2500+ (@3200+ [11*200]),
MB - EPoX 8RDA+ (nForce 2)
ATi Radeon 9700,
Sound - built-in AC-97 (audiodriver version 3.66),
2*256MB RAM,
WINXP sp1+antilovesan patch,
DirectX 9.0b

Winamp 5.02 free
Plugins in question: Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio DSP v0.36 and/or Microsoft Winamp/WMA plugin 1.13

When applying postprocessing of approximately 1.2x speed increase with [justin - simple pitch and tempo (half-2x) control.sps] preset (it sounds really cool) two things were noticed:

a) for *.wav files time and seeker bar don't adapt correctly, they probably think it's still 1x and 2:45 song ends with "2:18" on timer with seeker bar late too (not too critical bug i think)

b) for *.wma files ~1 minute of normal funky songplaying is followed by severe underruns. Should i pause the song and wait a while then after unpausing for ~ another minute there are no underruns.
(i guess something's wrong with Input: [Microsoft Winamp/WMA plugin 1.13] because everything else: *.xm, *.it, *.mod, *.mp3 runs fine, that's actually why i think it's not my audiocard problem)

Winamp 5.01 (NSPS DSP v0.35) behaved identically.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

in_wm.dll bypasses Winamp's output system (hard-coded to use system waveOut, due to Microsoft licensing restrictions). See here for further info.

[/Edit]

Last edited by Phoenixized One; 21st February 2004 at 11:34.
Old 24th February 2004, 02:52   #51
Brettermeier

out_ds.dll -> Fading errorneously includes silence-killed time

1.) BUG: If you use fading + silence Kill, the fading range will be too short if silence is killed.
e.g. you crossfade 7000 ms and there are 4000 ms of silence killed, then fading does not start at -7000-4000=-11000 (as you would expect) but still at -7000 and then abort after 3000 ms, because the last 4000 ms were killed and there's nothing to fade during the last 4000 ms of fading time.
[Edit]
I could have sworn that the above happened also with huge buffer size settings, now I've tested it again and it can pe fixed by using a buffer of the crossfading-time + potential silence lentghs to be killed.
Of course this increases the problems below ;-)
A "increase [crossfade]buffer for silence removal by n seconds" in the silence remover settings were useful.
[/Edit]

2.) Wish #1: it would be nice to be able to adjust silence kill parameters (or at least a boolean for silence killing or not) for beginnin and end of title seperately

3.) Wish #2: VERY VERY annoying (actually it really sucks) is the enormous delay when using a DSP plugin like PaceMaker in combination with Crossfading. Since crossfading uses a a buffer size of at least the crossfading time, the point were a DSP plugin is inserted should not be BEFORE ds_out.dll, but rather WITHIN it, at a point close before copying the audio data to the soundcard. This would prevent huge delays. (Am I the only person who's annoyed by this oooold problem?)

An alternative solution IMHO could be to only fill the buffer as little as adjusted (currently its size is automatically internally increased when using crossfading) and only temporarily increase the buffer to the adjusted crossfade time + an adjustable potential silence kill time at the End/Beginning of a Track.

But the solution to plug the DSP in at another point (AFTER crossfading, DIRECTLY before DirectShow-Output, say in ds_out.dll) would be the much better approach, I think.

If none of this is convenient for you, then the DirectShow-Output and the Crossfading maybe could be split into two plugins.

PS: sorry for my maybe bad english, I'm from germany.

Last edited by Brettermeier; 24th February 2004 at 03:15.
Old 24th February 2004, 04:43   #52
Brettermeier

configuration bug in "Jump to file extra 0.94h"

If "default double click mode" is changed (e.g. to "move after current") and you hit enter instead of using the mouse, then "Jump to file and play it" is executeted instead of the configured default doubleclick action that you would expect --- especially because the "move after current button" is already highlighted, which usually indicates that this button is pressed when you hit return.

BTW: I'm lucky this feature is present again - and even improved - in Winamp5, otherwise I'd have to use V2.xx. :-) Thank you for that! "Move after current" is exactly what has been missing!
Old 24th February 2004, 19:50   #53
DrO

Brettermeier: firstly i'm glad it does what you need (it does also work with 2.x just for information).

as for the issue you are having, the options only alter the 'double-click' option. that's a limitation of the plugin which i will work on for one of the next versions. it has been left that way until i can ensure that my code will work correctly for the keyboard users.

-daz
Old 27th February 2004, 09:28   #54
GeeZuZzz

Are you going to fix this?

Quote:
Originally posted by GeeZuZzz
Winamp 5.0 Final

Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ATI Radeon 8500
SB Live 1024
DirectX 9
Milkdrop 1.04b

The video adapter selection is not remembered, causing the plugin only run on primary monitor.
Check this thread

Problem only occours in Milkdrop v1.04(b)
Are you ever going to fix this?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Ya know, to be honest, you might have better luck here :/

[/Edit]
Old 1st March 2004, 16:13   #55
pdr

Vorbis Dithering Turned on by default

The dithering to 16 bit is turned on by default in the Vorbis plugin, a little absurd since almost all ogg's are gonna be in 16bit and applying dithering only can cause noise.

In particular, the dithering produces distortion in loud passages, distortion which ceases as soon as dithering is deactivated

Tested in Terratec EWX 24/96 and SBLive 5.1

The solution is quite easy and logical: Put dithering turned off by default
Old 4th March 2004, 19:39   #56
gas-attack

Send a message via ICQ to gas-attack
Spectrum analyzer: Thick bands when playing non-mp3-files

My "Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen 2001 v2.05", plugin module "Spectrum analyzer + oscillocope" has the following bug: When I'm playing mp3s, all is ok, the spectrum analyzer has thin bands. But when I'm playing a non mp3 (wav,cda,ogg,vqf,wma,mp2...) the bands are totally thick (no matter which resolution).
Old 15th March 2004, 05:52   #57
unfletch

Media Library

Winamp 5.02
WinXP SP1
Media Library 2.02

Bug: Artist name is listed multiple times in media library artist/album view artist pane.

Note: "meaningful" means something that affects sort order.

To Reproduce:[list=1][*]set id3v2 artist name on at least 2 tracks to a non-meaningful prefix ("The "), followed by one or more non-meaningful characters, followed by one or more meaningful characters.
example: "The (International) Noise Conspiracy"[*]refresh the media library view (by clicking on a different view, and back on the original view)[*]the artist name is now listed in the artist pane one time for each mp3 file, each entry with 1 album and 1 track[/list=1]The same results are produced in the album pane by applying these steps to the "album" id3v2 field.

Untested with ID3v1.x.

See attached screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: png ml.png (27.0 KB, 697 views)

Last edited by unfletch; 15th March 2004 at 06:13.
Old 17th March 2004, 05:50   #58
KeKuN

Winamp 5.02 installed on Winamp 5.01
Win 2K SP3
Pentium 3
GeForce mx400

When gen_ff.dll is in the /plugin directory winamp crash when i open it:
Assertion failed
Expression: str != NULL
File: d:\projects\nullsoft\Studio\bfc\std.cpp
line:247

Whe i remove the dll winamp start with the classic skin, and everything is ok.
Old 25th March 2004, 20:19   #59
KeKuN

I made a clean install and I found that my studio.xnf file was the one that made gen_ff bugy. So I give you the studio file if you want to look further why it cuz winamp to bug.
Attached Files
File Type: txt studio.txt (14.1 KB, 659 views)
Old 26th March 2004, 01:42   #60
gas-attack

Send a message via ICQ to gas-attack
Wrong bitrate indication in in_dshow.dll

Let's say you have an MPEG1 video file with file extension ".mpg" When you now play this file, the bitrate is indicated right in the main window (e.g. 2034 kbps). If you now change the file extension (of the same file) e.g. to ".mpg1", add "mpg1" to the file extension list of in_dshow.dll and play the file, indicated bitrate will be 0.
However, the file is played correctly and Alt+3 shows the same used filters for the video file, so it won't be too difficult to fix this.
Old 26th March 2004, 05:44   #61
sebt

[bug] DirectSound outputs & DSP-factory

I posted this before during the beta stage of Winamp 5...

The problem with the WA5 DirectSound driver, is that the outputs for the DSP factory, half of which end in '(2)' in a dual card setup, appear as in the attached pic. Therefore I am not able to select outputs on my second card, because the windows dropdown always selects the first set of outputs.

Even if you just put some symbol after the second set, this would fix the problem.

Please see the pic attached to this posting.

Could this please be fixed?

Seb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dspfacsound.jpg (76.8 KB, 647 views)
Old 29th March 2004, 11:21   #62
Wissio`1eye

Problem with ogg tags

I'm very sorry if this is known (couldn't find the exact same thing) or is fixed easily, but it's been bugging me for a while.

There's a problem with the empty ogg info tags (Winamp 5.03), so I suppose it has to do with the plugin. It goes like this:

I have, for example the Unreal Tournament 2004 soundtrack (they are oggs) in my Winamp playlist. All the info tags in the songs are empty. The file names are for example like this: KR-Conduit-v2.ogg
The playlist tries to change the name automatically because of the "-"'s. But, in playlist it turns out that it misses everything between the -'s, making it in the playlist to look like this: KR - v2. Another example: KR-Chemical-Burn -> KR - Burn.
I tried to change the way it reads the tags on the configure plugin page, but it doesn't seem to update. Whatever I put in the display field, it is always in the "KR - v2" format.
Uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling didn't help.
If I type something in the file's info fields, the changed things show in playlist, but if I take them off again, the name in playlist doesnt update and the ones I put in the info fields stay there.
It's very annoying and I would much like to have the playlist show the file name without extension if no file info exist, like it does with .mp3s :/ This issue didn't exist when I used Winamp 5.02 (appeared right after I had installed 5.03). Thanks.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Can't reproduce.
Please post in tech support.
Related to Prefs > Media Library settings
and Prefs -> Titles -> Advanced Title Formatting

[/Edit]
Old 29th March 2004, 14:59   #63
ShayanOH

Send a message via Yahoo to ShayanOH
WMA plugin problem (2 Bugs)

Hi
I'm Using Winamp 5.03 (Actually i found a bug in 5.01, just downlaoded 5.03 to see if it still exists,... and it does, and there's another new bug too)

Winamp v5.03 (x86) - Mar 24 2004
Windows XP Pro SP1
M/B: Gigabyte 7zxe
CPU: Amd AthlonXP 1700+ (@~1.5ghz)
Ram: 512mb sdram (not DDR)
DX: 9.0b (Latest version)
VGA,Sound: FX5600, SB LIVE! using latest drivers
<Although i know most of information above are not needed, I wrote them all>

Before continuing, i apologize for by bad english!!!
these are the bugs:

1. The timestamps of WMA files are not correct, i mean, it goes behind about 2 seconds in every minute, so after 3 minutes of playback (I used a chronometer) the winamp played time, shows 2:54, and after 4 minutes, in shows 3:52, and so on... but when you seek to for example 3:00, it plays the correct thing, (what was playing when after 3 minutes, timestamp was 2:54) ... I found this problem when writing a plugin to show lyrics, and it got mad when I seeked back and forth through my WMA file...

2. This is the new bug, and it's something else i found through my plugin again! My plugin polls winamp about 10 times a sec, with these IPC calls:
IPC_GETLISTPOS
IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILE
IPC_GET_BASIC_FILE_INFO (Quickmode set to 0)
IPC_GETOUTPUTTIME (mode 0)
IPC_GETOUTPUTTIME (mode 1)
(I know it's a lame thing to do,... but forget it for now)
with winamp 5.01 (unfortunately I don't remember the WMA PLUGIN version for that,... you know it yourself, don't you?) It wouldn't add any significant CPU usage, and everything was working normally, but with Winamp v5.03 (And WMA PLUGIN V2.0) CPU usage jumps to 100% and none of the visualizations of winamp (and my plugin) doesn't work,.. I set my plugin to 1time a sec, and everything was normal (beleive me I need to do it even more than 10 times a sec!) this problem doesn't happen when playing MP3 files,... with MP3 files, it goes normally. sorry I can't give you the plugin yet, it's not completed! but it doesn't take any time to write a plugin which polls winamp 10times a sec with the said IPC calls!!! If I have time later, i'll do a performance test to see how many milliseconds each IPC call takes... and I update this post, but don't wait for my update to go look for the reason.

that's all, I hope those get fixed soon!
Keep up the good work after all !

[edit]
#2. Removed the call to IPC_GET_BASIC_FILE_INFO from my plugin, and used 50ms timer resolution (Instead of 100ms like before) now the cpu usage is around 80%, and everything is working fine,... but why does it take this much longer, and the older version works just find with the call not deleted?
#1. After removing the call, it seems like ok,... (still a little skew in time after seeking is visible,... sorry I couldn't test it without my plugin, it's my only testing method for now!) but still why, polling it with BASIC_FILE_INFO, (which has nothing to do with playback, at least it shouldn't) causes winamp to show delayed time?
[/edit]

Last edited by ShayanOH; 29th March 2004 at 17:07.
Old 29th March 2004, 15:38   #64
Neoavs

Send a message via ICQ to Neoavs
Don't know if it happens on other systems, but:

If you run AVS, or any other default vis plugin (Milkdrop, TinyVis) everything is ok. Now if you change the playlist (add/remove songs) while the vis-plugin is running, it doesn't crash, but it seems to not work correctly. For instance, take the Skupers - hidden track preset (comes with WA5 picks), add something to the playlist, then reload the preset. It doesn't happen everytime you try it, but it happens.

Computer:
Intel Pentium 4HT 2,4 GHz (Northwood)
Leadtek Geforce FX5600 256mb ram (Forceware 53.03 drivers)
512 mb DDR RAM
ABit IS7-E m/b
WinXP Pro SP1
WinAMP 5.03
AVS 2.81b
DX 9.0b

[edit]
ok, here it is in action with another preset:
before

after

the preset itself DO NOT RIP OR STEAL OR MAKE REMIXES BECAUSE IT IS STILL AN UNRELEASED PRESET

[/edit][edit]oops... broken link, fixed [/edit]

Last edited by Neoavs; 29th March 2004 at 15:56.
Old 30th March 2004, 03:31   #65
soljarag

Nullsoft Winamp Library v2.02

damn, you guys didnt fix the one bug that is preventing me from using 5.02 and now 5.03!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, when you have a large media library, and you double click a song to play, it takes a full 3-4 seconds (and the processor usage goes to 100% for the 3-4 seconds) to load that song, however with 5.01, its instant ... also in 5.02/03 if you doubleclick the same song in the playlist, it plays instantly ... somethings wrong with the ML and i HOPE you fix it in 5.04

quite a few people reported this problem with 5.02, so ill restate it for 5.03 ..........till then back to 5.01

win xp sp1
winamp 5.03 clean install
1 GB ram
AMD XP 1700+
RAID harddrive
Old 30th March 2004, 16:11   #66
salship

Send a message via ICQ to salship
Winamp Build: 5.03
OS, Including Service Packs: Windows Xp pro SP1
System specs (mobo, cpu, ram) : p4 2.4, 1gig ram, abit is7
Video Card, Video Card Drivers: radeon 9800 pro, catalyst 4.3
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers: sb live!, winxp driver
DirectX version: 9b
Plugin and Plugin Version

doesnt seem to support 5.1 surround sound...other players does...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Please read stickys / tech support / tsgh etc
before posting in the Bugs forum.
This is not a bug. See here.
Note: This post will be deleted at a later date.

[/Edit]
Old 31st March 2004, 04:57   #67
zoggy

5.02 and 5.03, on winamp i usually run it like so:

http://staff.ravetrax.com/zoggy/winamp1.jpg

and has been fine from beta/alpha 5 till 5.01, but with 5.02 and 5.03 when i start winamp it defaults back to this evertime:

http://staff.ravetrax.com/zoggy/winamp2.jpg

and sometimes its fine, sometimes it wont rememeber windows settings and keeps going back to default. PLEASE help!.
Old 31st March 2004, 18:26   #68
NautaClarus

Had this phenomenon too with Winamp 5.02 and the MMD3 skin, that it did not save window position and state. Thought it was a bug in the mmd3 skin and it went away after a few days after installation ... :-? Dont know what i did to fix it, hehe
Old 31st March 2004, 21:31   #69
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

IMPORTANT REMINDER

As stated in the first post in this thread...
Do NOT post requests for Technical Support / Help here.
Post them in the Tech Support forum instead.

For a bug report to be valid, you MUST follow the guidelines laid out in the first post.
Please also read other stickys first.

This thread is for reporting bugs in any of the default plugins which come with the latest version of Winamp. You MUST also state the plugin name and version number in your post.

If you have any 3rd-party plugins installed, then they are:
1) Not supported and 2) your Bug Report is not valid.
Note to zoggy: this includes izotope ozone plugin.

3rd-party skins aren't supported here either,
not unless it's a bug in gen_ff.dll which affects ALL modern skins.

All invalid reports will be ignored or deleted!
Post in Tech Support instead.
These stickys are NOT open to discussion.
Post your VALID bug report and wait for people to confirm reproduction or not.
And that is it!

Thank you
Old 1st April 2004, 01:38   #70
themast

Send a message via AIM to themast
I realize that the Litestep crashing issue is a known bug, but I've been experiencing a different kind of Litestep bug. Ever since beta2, using WA on a Litestep virtual desktop and then switching desktops causes WA to follow you to the other desktop, rearranging the windows as it does. I think I've posted this bug before, but wasn't sure if you guys realized this is a different Litestep issue. Also, it DID work in beta2, if that helps you guys at all. I really hope it does cause I would love to use one of the final releases! Keep up the good work!

Sys specs:
Windows XP Pro SP1
Asus A7V mobo w/ Athlon 1.13GHz
GF4 Ti4200
768 MB RAM
Old 3rd April 2004, 04:06   #71
shaneh
Major Dude

Winamp 5.03

Closing winamp with the playlist docked will cause winamp to crash. Gen_ff calls the playlist subclassed wndproc located in gen_ml after gen_ml has been unloaded.

This can be repro'd by renaming gen_ff to gen_aff, and fixed by renaming it gen_zff. I have done a fresh install on a Win 2003 box and Windows XP box and it has exhibited this behaviour. Whether gen_ff or gen_ml gets loaded/unloaded first seems to change from installation to installation.

I am guessing gen_ml does not unsubclass the playlist window upon exiting - which seems to be necessary with the new docking feature. As such, there are probably quite a few plugins other than gen_ml which would cause winamp to crash (any which subclass the playlist window without unsubclassing it - which didnt use to be necessary)- and which should theoretically be fixed by making gen_ff load/unload first (by giving it a z).
Old 3rd April 2004, 13:30   #72
jr heuwing

crash with MP4 files

Winamp crashes when playing MP4 files wich are converted to 96 kbps and 64 kbps. On 128 kbps it works fine.
During the crash Winamp sometimes start to play and that sounds good(just for a few seconds).

SYS specs:

Intel 2.4 Ghz
512 MB RAM
60 / 120 GB HD
Win XP SP 1 Home edition Dutch languas
Terratec soundcard 5.1 Dolby Surround
Nvidia Gforce 4 MX 440 128 MB RAM

Is lekker onderweg
Old 4th April 2004, 21:17   #73
RomeoJava

character problems

If I use the character " in the album section of a file, when in the media library, under local media>audio in the albums pane the album will show up but when highlighted, files won't be shown in the bottom pane.

e.g.
album id3 tag = Average Man Single 7"

click on the band name in artist pane, look at album list, Avarage Man Single 7" listed in the album pane with one track. highlight this, and there are no tracks in the bottom pane!

however, if I just remove the " character, everything works fine

Rj

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Known bug

For now, use two apostrophes instead

[/Edit]
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp_bug.png (14.3 KB, 593 views)
Old 5th April 2004, 04:38   #74
laughster0

Opaque on Hover broken?

Opaque on Hover broken?

Clean Installation?: Yes
Winamp Version: 5.03a
Skin: Modern
Config:
CPU: Celeron 1.1GHz
RAM: 192MB
DirectX: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Video Card: ATI AIW RADEON 7200 AGP 32MB
Video Driver: CATALYST 4.2
Resolution: 1024x768x32
-----
Hi,

Seems 'Opaque on Hover' doesn't always work when the windows are docked; they stay transparent even when the cursor is above the windows. Clicking the windows (making them active) also does not help. I think I've come across some steps that'll help reproduce the problem in a consistent manner.

Steps to reproduce:
1. After clean install of Winamp 5.03a full, open both the main and playlist windows.
2. Dock the main window to the top (main now in winshade mode).
3. Dock the playlist window to the left (playlist window in normal mode; non-winshade).
4. Using either window, enable 'Opaque on Hover'.
5. Then, set 'Opacity' to '50%'.
6. Close Winamp
7. Reopen Winamp
8. Notice both windows stay transparent despite position of mouse cursor.

Recovery:
1. Main window: Toggle to normal mode then back to winshade(docked) mode.
2. Playlist window: Toggle to winshade mode then back to normal (docked) mode.

I apologise if this problem is already known.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp_opaqueonhover.jpg (73.3 KB, 617 views)
Old 9th April 2004, 18:06   #75
DAM_02

Nullsoft MIDI player bugs

Winamp version: 5.03a
Winamp build date: Mar 26 2004
Notes: free, full, clean install

Notes: up to date

Motherboard: PC Chips
Processor: Intel Pentium 133MHz
RAM amount: 32MB
Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster AWE64

DirectX version: v9.0b

Plug-in: Nullsoft MIDI player
Plug-in version: 3.07
Plug-in build date: Mar 20 2004

First bug:

1. Open any MIDI file
2. Pause it

* The time display shows the result of 56870 seconds minus X in minutes/seconds form (where X is the length of the MIDI file in seconds)

* The seeker can't be scrolled properly

Second bug:

1. Enable MIDI control panel
2. Open any MIDI file
3. In the MIDI control panel, disable instrument commands
4. Stop the MIDI file
5. Play it again

* "disable instrument commands" is unchecked but it's working

To make it stop working, you need to check it and uncheck it.

That's all. I hope you understand me, because I don't know a lot of English.

Old 10th April 2004, 14:29   #76
mduijvendijk

Auto Opaque disables Fade in / Fade out animation

When Auto Opaque in modern skin is enabled, the Fade in / Fade out animation of the Notification window does not work.

Winamp Build 5.03
Windows XP SP1
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512mb DDR
GForce 4 TI4200 8X 128mb Driver: 53.03
DirectX 9.0b
Old 13th April 2004, 19:00   #77
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by mduijvendijk
Auto Opaque disables Fade in / Fade out animation

When Auto Opaque in modern skin is enabled, the Fade in / Fade out animation of the Notification window does not work.

Winamp Build 5.03
Windows XP SP1
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512mb DDR
GForce 4 TI4200 8X 128mb Driver: 53.03
DirectX 9.0b
Update your Video Card drivers

There were problems with old Nvidia Drivers and some of the rendering winamp does.

In 56.xx drivers there should be NO problems.
Old 14th April 2004, 07:48   #78
mduijvendijk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazog
Update your Video Card drivers

There were problems with old Nvidia Drivers and some of the rendering winamp does.

In 56.xx drivers there should be NO problems.
I upgraded to 56.72 but it didn't solve the problem.

When I disable the Auto Opaque option, the animation works.
Old 21st April 2004, 12:12   #79
TristanB

Croak in Jump to File extra dialog

Winamp 5.03 (clean install)
P4 2.8Ghz 512MB RAM
XP Professional SP 1
DirectX 9.0b

Repro steps:

Enqueue two files (highlight in playlist and press Q)
Go to the Jump to File dialog
Switch to the queued file view
Press Remove File
Winamp falls over

100% reproducable on my machine

This only happens with two or more files in the queue and with no file visibly selected in the list.
Old 21st April 2004, 15:41   #80
DrO

Re: Croak in Jump to File extra dialog

Quote:
Originally posted by TristanB
Winamp 5.03 (clean install)
P4 2.8Ghz 512MB RAM
XP Professional SP 1
DirectX 9.0b

Repro steps:

Enqueue two files (highlight in playlist and press Q)
Go to the Jump to File dialog
Switch to the queued file view
Press Remove File
Winamp falls over

100% reproducable on my machine

This only happens with two or more files in the queue and with no file visibly selected in the list.
i can't reproduce here (tho it is a Win2k machine). i'll double check the code over.

can you post the error message if there is one ie the dll it crashes in and also the error offset?

-daz

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

I can't reproduce this either (WinXP)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports