Old 28th November 2003, 04:05   #281
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ RaveN-FH-
Yes. It was a crosspost from this other thread.

The beta list server has been down for the past few days, so we haven't been able to directly report anything. Hopefully the devteam are watching this thread...

@ MrEisbaer
Look in: Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Titles -> Advanced Title Formatting
Old 28th November 2003, 07:21   #282
KingDodo

Windows media ASF cant play

When a site give you a link to open an asf streaming, it open with winamp, but it dont play it. Dont know why it dont connect...

Last edited by KingDodo; 28th November 2003 at 07:38.
Old 28th November 2003, 07:43   #283
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Bh420
1. Open video clip let it finish playing
2. open another video clip with diffrent resolution and/or ar

1st clip is 512x384 2nd is 576x240
tho any two clips with diffrent resolutions will do it

video window stays the same size as old window size

hope this help DJ Egg
The only way I can reproduce this behaviour is if scaling is set to 'locked', which is expected behaviour. When scaling is set to 'temporary' then "resize window to fit video" works, as it should. Bug negated.
Old 28th November 2003, 09:46   #284
fabian

Quote:
Originally posted by MrEisbaer
I Don't know if someone else write it, but i have found a MP3 Tag Bug at WA5 RC8. If i enter the Artist and Songname, update these informations and play the file, Winamp does not show the MP3 Tag Information, but the Filename (e.g. 14 - Delta Goodrem - Will You Fall For Me).

Winamp3 and 2.91 shows the MP3 Tag Information correct.
Same here!

TO REPRODUCE:
WA Preferences -> Plug-ins -> Input -> MPEG Audio Decoder
Under "Title/Tags" tab, change to whatever you want.
Wen you check Winamp, it does not reflect the changes.
Old 28th November 2003, 10:31   #285
EAK125

Send a message via AIM to EAK125 Send a message via Yahoo to EAK125
@Fabian - simply select all in playlist and go to misc>misc>read extended info on selected after you change something to refresh the playlist - it won't change unless you do that - it also helps to refresh your library (just run the scan again) but that won't refresh your playlist untill u play that file again after the ML scan.

@EGG - How do i change my scaling options?!? My options there are greyed out and checkmarked as locked too... Any ideas how to ungrey them?!?

...Do not forget to mention, when the time and
Place are appropriate, that I am an Ass.
---Much Ado About Nothing - Act 5 Scene 1
Old 28th November 2003, 12:20   #286
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

fabian obviously missed my reply to MrEisbaer above...
first post on the page too.
Advanced Title Formatting overrides individual input plugin title formatting!
Also, what EAK125 said...

@ EAK125
Prefs -> Modern Skins -> General tab
Scaling: 'On window close/reopen' needs setting to 'reset....'
Old 28th November 2003, 14:34   #287
MrEisbaer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ MrEisbaer
Look in: Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Titles -> Advanced Title Formatting
Thx, now it's perfect

btw: WA5 is awesome, great job
Old 28th November 2003, 18:40   #288
parkd1

Send a message via ICQ to parkd1 Send a message via AIM to parkd1 Send a message via Yahoo to parkd1
Time and spectrum analyzer bug

The time will go to zero a few seconds before the song is and the the spectrum analyzer will staop working. It seems to work again when the next song plays but will do the same thing again at the end of that song. Seems to do it on every song I play. Using RC8. Thanks and keep up the great work. Love it.
Old 28th November 2003, 18:46   #289
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Hey READ THE FIRST POST!! There is a specific way to report a bug this has been set out by DJ Egg and Dazog.
You have not given you system specs or steps to reproduce. That said, checkto see if the cross fader is on, and possibly causeing your problem.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 28th November 2003, 20:29   #290
Finel

stereo is indicated as mono

5 RC8 - I select a mp3 file - winamp starts up and in this case, only at program startup, he plays (shows) that the song is in stereo mode. But selecting the next song in the LB, winamp switches to mono mode, though the songs are definitely in stereo! My impression is that it is not only shown, he plays it really in mono… Is that possible? What a shit! – Only *.wav files are indicated correctly.

[edit] merged: 157925 --> DJ Egg [/edit]
Old 28th November 2003, 20:40   #291
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Known 3rd-party skin related bug (using mmd3 perhaps?)
Fixed in rc9 (not publically available)
Old 28th November 2003, 20:53   #292
Finel

Many THX! You understand me... Ahoi - it has happened with mmd3! You know it all.
RC9 ? Not Public? You put fun on me, but I will find you!
Old 28th November 2003, 21:15   #293
EAK125

Send a message via AIM to EAK125 Send a message via Yahoo to EAK125
Winamp5.0 Rc8 (fresh install)
Win XP Pro SP1
Athlon 1900+
ATI allinwonder 7500 pro (latest drivers)
512mb DDR ram
Audigy Mp3+
DX9b
FFDshow (for avi)
Elecard (for mpeg)
-----------------------------------------

Yo Egg! I got the temporary scale to work but Winamp still won't resize the windows to my video's resolution. It is the same with mpeg, mpeg2, and avi. I checked and it's the same on classic skins and the modern. I even uninstalled\reinstalled winamp5.0rc8 to see if my overwriting of beta2 was the prob - Nope!

For the record, I have everyting cept "disable when...not active" and "remove full screen on stop" turned on in my vid options. Turning on or off aspect ratio options dosnt' help. And Like i said above "reset window scale..." or "all windows rememeber...", "Locked" scaling or "temporary" - My video window still won't resize to the res of my vid...

Also Egg are u checking for this bug in rc8 or rc9? Cause if ur using 9 (lucky bastard...) it may already be fixed and I'll just shut up!

On my other bug - turning off "enable tooltips" in Modern Skins>General - Seems to fix the mouseovers for repeat, random, eq, and the color theme buttons in winshade mode on the modern skin. So I'm sure there is a bug in there somewhere where the mouseover is being killed by the tooltips.

(EAK)

...Do not forget to mention, when the time and
Place are appropriate, that I am an Ass.
---Much Ado About Nothing - Act 5 Scene 1
Old 29th November 2003, 03:29   #294
Benacool

(Not sure this is a bug)

When I try to change equilazer settings it takes several seconds to apply changes... Same thing occurs in Winamp 2.9. (Do this with Direct Sound or Wave out plug-in)

If I well remember, this bug don't occurs in older version of Winamp 2 on my computer...

Benacool

==================
Win 98 SE
P3 550MHZ
256MB SD-RAM
On board soud card of a Tyan Tigercub 100 (Creative Ensoniq)
Voodoo 3 2000 16MB
(I know it's old lol)
==================
Old 29th November 2003, 04:28   #295
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

EQ change time is directly related to buffer length.
eg. a buffer length in WaveOut or DirectSound Output of 4000ms
will mean that it takes 4 seconds for EQ changes to take effect.
Simple solution? Lower your main buffer value.
Old 29th November 2003, 06:45   #296
ZeosPantera

ID3 Tag editor is in Err

On rc8 for 3 days and the first file info I try to change in my playlist doesn't capitalize the "T" in (the) and puts a whacked out duration on too.. and doesnt correct itself when file is played. (info was changed on a not playing file)

winXP sp1.. etc etc

[merged: 157980 --> DJ Egg]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc8 bug.jpg (22.0 KB, 420 views)

The King of all that is Evil.
Old 29th November 2003, 06:56   #297
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Re: time display
What file format? mp3 or other? (eg. wav or 3rd-party plugin)
(cannot reproduce with mp3, ogg, aac)

Re: title display
Are the files stored in the library database?
Is "use library data for Winamp title formatting" checked in Prefs -> Library?
If so, then you need to refresh the library first
(library button -> rescan media folders in background).
Also, have you tried refreshing the playlist display after updating the tags?
(playlist -> misc button -> misc -> read extended info on selection)
Old 29th November 2003, 07:05   #298
ZeosPantera

ID3 editor is going crazy

Its ignoring my id3 tags and just stripping them away and only using the track title not artist - track title.. no I have not changed the order in the MPEG audio decoder. and the tags do stay intact when checked. Update does nothing to remedy and on some files it relabel's the duration to som'n stupid like I had a 5302:32 rage against the machine..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc8 bug2.jpg (71.9 KB, 422 views)

Old 29th November 2003, 07:22   #299
ZeosPantera

YES. the media library option of "Use Library data for Winamp Title-Formating" was causing the changing of titles and times.. BUT WHY!? Shouldn't the library use what the tag provides over the filename.. and the Rage mp3 @ 92kbs time goes back to 5378:10 when the option is on and 5:22 when disabled.

Old 29th November 2003, 08:12   #300
Dangerously

*AVS overlay bug*
In the Winamp AVS Editor window, under settings / display, when the overlay is checked it displays full screen out to my TV. All is fine you might say but it is a frozen image. If I display the AVS in full screen on the computer, the out put to TV is fine. Movie files and internet TV in a window on the computer displays in full screen with no problems on the TV. In the previous alpha version I was using I could minimize Winamp and the AVS would still be danceing full screen on my TV. I have uninstalled Winamp and my vid drivers, reinstalled and no difference. Other than the still image, the output to the desktop and all other features for AVS overlay seems fine.
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (BIOS rev. 1014)
CPU: Intel 2.4C(HT)
RAM: 2x 512 Samsung DDR400 (1GB total)
Video: ATI All In Wonder 9600 Pro 128mb using 3.9 drivers (offical AIW OpenGL fixed drivers)
OS: Windows Media Center (or XP Pro with Microsoft's own built in media program that replaces what your tv/video card already comes with version).

Forgot to add that I was using alpha 2 (if I rember corectly) and now RC8
Old 29th November 2003, 14:58   #301
DJ Radio

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Radio Send a message via AIM to DJ Radio Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Radio
Its not really bugs, but "feature request" that i'll be posting here. I would like the "Jump to" (J) to be added to the global hotkeys. (excellent idea btw, those hotkeys. i was using a 3rd party plugin so far to do it and now i can do it with winamp by default :P).
Also, i would like to see Internet Explorer integration gone from the ML, or at least an option to turn it off. I cant stand IE, its the worst browser ever. If i could uninstall it, it wouldnt have been on my pc for a loooong time... My bro had to reinstall windows not so long ago because of IE :S

I also got something that might be either a winamp bug or a skin bug: i cant seem to select MMD3 as skin anymore (other WA3 skins work fine). when i installed it it worked, and i tried some other skins after that and now everytime i select it as skin winamp crashes. (when i select it from a WA2 skin, the playlist stays when the rest disappears. just thought i'd mention it in case it helps track the bug). I'm using RC8 on windows 2000 SP4 and the error is a Floating-point division by zero.

[Edit:] almost forgot.. the cd plugin doesnt work. if i put a .cda "file" in my PL it wont play and the duration that is shown in the PL is wrong. (like 45 minutes for a 3-4 minute track or so). I installed the "CD Reader v1.95" plugin that used to work fine on 2.95, but now the Spectrum Analyser loses track of the song after a while. it just shows that 'searching' kinda animation until the end of the track.
btw, the spectrum analyser is a bit weird anyway in RC8, cuz it seems to be half a second off whatever i play...

i dont know if any of this was in older versions, cuz RC8 is the first WA5 i'm using.
Old 29th November 2003, 15:09   #302
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Wrong forum & thread!
The Winamp 5 Wishlist is here

Also, third-party skins & plugins aren't supported, or at least this is not the place to post any related problems... (please read the first post in this thread before posting here).
Old 29th November 2003, 16:20   #303
syrek

Re: lagging when using networkdrive

Quote:
Originally posted by syrek
I have all my MP3 on a server, connected trough a 100mbit switch.

Now I was trying winamp5 rc8 my first upgrade from winamp2 to the 5 series. After hearing great stories about it.

The following problem occured, where I can switch numbers in winamp2 with no delay or lagging, seems winamp5 to lag big time. It even slows my comp in such a way I had to downgrade winamp again to use winamp.

further acces to server is normal
We seem to have forgot you sorry for that, we could have atleast said something about not being able to reproduce, but we chose to ignore you, I hope you understand
Old 29th November 2003, 16:47   #304
_teo79__

Wa% RC8 & W2k3

Just installed Winamp 8 RC8 on windows server 2003 and, switching to modern skin i get this error :
Assertion Failed
Expression: f != Null
File: C:\dev\Studio\Studio\font.cpp
Line: 131

My System:
Windows 2003 Server
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512 Mb DDR
ATI radeon 9000 128 DDR
Windows theming not active.
Old 29th November 2003, 17:24   #305
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Wa% RC8 & W2k3

Quote:
Originally posted by _teo79__
Just installed Winamp 8 RC8 on windows server 2003 and, switching to modern skin i get this error :
Assertion Failed
Expression: f != Null
File: C:\dev\Studio\Studio\font.cpp
Line: 131

My System:
Windows 2003 Server
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512 Mb DDR
ATI radeon 9000 128 DDR
Windows theming not active.
Check your Private Message I sent you

ASAP!!!

Thanx
Old 29th November 2003, 18:32   #306
Joneleth

Hi folks!

I just discovered a new bug. I'm using WinXP Prof., Intel Celeron 950 and Winamp 5 RC8 with default modern skin. I opened the Preferences\Modern Skins menu, and i switch to the Current Skin view. Then, i click on another window (what is in maximized state), for example on an Internet Explorer window, and then on the taskbar i click on Winamp, but Winamp doesn't restore to front as active app.
Old 29th November 2003, 19:30   #307
xelim

System Specs:

Winamp full 5.0 rc8
WindowsXP SP1 - Professional
Intel Celeron 1,1GHz
256mb SDRAM
16mb SiS630 Shared Graphics memory (which leaves 240 mb RAM actually)
SIS 7018 onboard sound chip 16 bit
Winamp5 was a fresh install no 3rd party plugins

Problem:

While Winamp main window is open it uses about 10 megs of RAM (Sometimes more sometimes less), if it is minimized it uses around 3 megs ram. so far so good. but if i do minimize while playlist window is openned too, the ram usage begins at 3 megs, but grows with time. i waited till it got 12 megs (still minimized) than restorod the winamp window it dropped to 10 megs. minimized againe it dropped to 3 megs again, but was growing with time, again. this does not happen if the playlist window is closed when i minimize winamp.

ps: the time span is not seconds, but minutes, it took me 10 minutes to reach that 12 megs ram, but since it wouldnt stop growing i decided to report it.
Old 29th November 2003, 19:56   #308
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I have noticed the same thing, but I have yet to see it get higher than 16MB of ram. And thats because of the modern skins. Also AVS uses a fare amount of RAM.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 30th November 2003, 01:40   #309
mat128

Bug discovered... (mpeg files tag)

Hello, a friend just told me about winamp 5 and told me where to download it, well first of all, nice job! Second, I usually set custom tags format in Winamp 2.91:
%1 - %3 - %a - %2
(Artist - Album - Track - Title)

But right now if I set it as that (in mpeg decoder settings) tracks titles doesn't even change, if I set it to do not read tags, it reads them (at the default Artist - Title).

So it always read up as %1 - %2...

Else that bug, it's perfect!!!!

Thanks,
Mat

[Merged: (158064) --Sawg]
Old 30th November 2003, 01:58   #310
Sawg

Known Limitation of the Winamp internal API. Try using the Advanced title formating instead.

[Merged: (158064) --Sawg]

Old 30th November 2003, 02:44   #311
mat128

Thanks for that fast answer!!
Old 30th November 2003, 10:11   #312
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
Playlist, Media library, and Adv Title bug

Winamp5.0 Rc8 (fresh install)
Modern Skin
Win XP Pro SP1
P2 333MHz (don't laugh)
384 MB Ram
SB Live 5.1
--------------

I don't think this has been reported but whenever I have winamp running with playlist in windowshade mode the CPU utilization is 100%. If the playlist is opened, utilization is ~5%. This happens even when I don't even have a song playing. The vis, song ticker, beat vis, and notification options are off. Also checked to make sure I don't have gen_mircex.dll anywhere on my system.

When grabbing the scrollbar in the media library, and dragging it to the very top or bottom, the very top or bottom is not reached. You can still click the up or down arrows to move further.

And one more issue. This may sound like it's been mention before but really don't this so. I have an mp3 (not encoded by me) that is named "sc.mp3" in my "temp" folder. My advance title formatting is set to "['['%album%']' ][* %tracknumber% * ][%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))" Whenever that song is playing, the title shows, "[temp] Sammi Cheng - SC" even though the title, and the artist are in the ID3 tag (tested both/either ID3V1 and v2) With the ID3 tags off, I get "[temp] SC". I've tried reading extended info, drag and dropping in the song again, read metadata on load several times without any help. This affects only a few of my songs that I know of, other songs display fine. I don't know if it was the way it was encoded or anything. Let me know if you want me to send your the file to test with.

ID3 fields (filled)
title: Don't Know Love
artist: Sammi Cheng
Old 30th November 2003, 10:23   #313
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I can't reproduce #1 or #2
Sorry.

#3. If the file is stored in the library
and was stored before you edited the id3 tags
then locate it in: Local Media -> Audio,
right click -> edit selected items
and change the library metadata according to the tags.

Looks like the library metadata has: album="temp", title="sc"
(this will have been guessed based on folder/filename, before you edited the tags)

This can happen if "use library data for title formatting" is checked in:
Prefs -> Library
and you haven't rescanned the folders in the library for changes to take effect.
Old 30th November 2003, 10:52   #314
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
RE: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....71#post1182471

#3. Actually, it's not in my library yet, nor is it in a folder that gets automatically scanned. I just tried disabling "use library data for title formatting" like you suggested and rebuilt my library but that didn't help.

#1. Just to be clear, if the playlist is in windowshade mode utilization is 80%-100%. When the playlist is opened (ie. all the songs in the list are visable) utilization is 0, when no songs are playing.
Old 30th November 2003, 11:02   #315
Joneleth

WinXP Pro
Intel Cel. 950
192 MB RAM
Winamp 5 Rc8

Hi!

I wrote yesterday about a restore bug with Winamp. I wanted to add, this happens only with the Modern skin(Modern Skins\Current Skin tab,...). I tried with MMD3, and everything worked.
Old 30th November 2003, 11:49   #316
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ Joneleth
Yes, I've reproduced the bug.
If this isn't fixed for 5.0, then all minor glitches like this will be dealt with for 5.01 and beyond.

@ lordsky
3. Hmm, that sounds a bit strange.
Can you possibly upload the mp3 to some webspace (zip it up first to prevent streaming) and provide a link?
At first, I thought it might have a Lyrics3 tag, but ID3v2 overrides Lyrics3,
and I don't think Winamp recognizes APE v2.0 tags ???

Alas, I still can't reproduce problems 1 & 2 Anyone else?
Old 30th November 2003, 11:55   #317
wdekler

Lots of ID3v2 tags not recognized

When I add my collection of 4300 files to the medialibrary, about one third of them show up with no ID3 information.

I use only mp3 v2 tags and most of them are version 2.4 (eac, lame).

I've checked the flag to read metadata tags on import and its correctly set to on. Manually viewing the file properties show a file which has no tag information (which it certainly has).

Wanne.

System specs

Windows XP SP1
P4 2,4gHz
Terratec soundcard
Old 30th November 2003, 12:21   #318
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Winamp only supports ID3 v2.3

From the Official Wishlist

Input Plugins

in_mp3
ID3v2.4.X
Old 30th November 2003, 13:11   #319
wdekler

Oops.... I overlooked that item in the wishlist...

thanks, Wanne.

PS for people with the same problem, you can use the excellent freeware id3-tagit to mass convert 2.4 to 2.3

Last edited by wdekler; 30th November 2003 at 13:46.
Old 30th November 2003, 13:57   #320
Dr.D

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.D
WinAMP 5 RC8 (fresh install), Win2k, P3-Celeron 633MHz, 160Mb RAM, some kind of onboard soundcard...

When playing video (.avi) file with more than one sound track - both of them are playing and when paused second one keeps playing (video & first one are paused). All other video players are working ok.

Oh, just a wish: full international support someday for song info/titles (UTF8 or something like this) if unicode-enabled fonts are selected for main window. And maybe unicode-capable input controls on NT systems...
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports