Provide the Following Information with every Report,
and with every CONFIRMATION of someone else's report:

-Winamp 5.32 (5.3.2.1003) - clean install
-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
-Windows OS, including Service Packs
-Video Card, Video Card Drivers version
-Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version
-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
-Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)

Plus confirmation that the bug exists with NO 3rd-party plugins installed,
and whether the bug occurs with the default modern and/or classic skin
(3rd-party plugins & skins are NOT supported here).

If applicable, send us Error Logs and/or FULL Error Messages.

The more information you provide US, the faster we can or will help you.
eg. the format/extension of the filetypes you are loading/playing;
a link to a zipped sample of a particular problem file, etc.
an attached HJT log to show concurrently running processes and startup items, etc.

Also, be sure to read other stickys first, especially:
Known Winamp 5 Bugs
Fixed Winamp 5 Bugs
How to write a useful bug report

*All versions of Winamp 5.32 not downloaded from the Nullsoft server are not supported

Do NOT post requests for Technical Support in the Bug Reports forum.

This thread is not a discussion thread. Post the reproducable bug and that is it!

Incomplete reports/useless posts will be deleted (you have been warned).

Please do NOT post any reports for any public beta versions here.
Use the dedicated sticky thread in the Winamp Discussion forum instead.

Maintained by DJ Egg
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 12:46   #2
Bank

Right edge of Modern Skins's preference Tabs is shortened.

Right edge of the Modern Skins's preference Tabs is shortened.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Winamp 5.32 (or 5.3x) - clean install.
2. Go to Display porperties->Setting->Advanced->General, change "DPI setting" to Large size (120 DPI).
3. Go to Options->Preferences...->Skins->Modern Skins
4. Observe the right edge of the Tabs (General, Alpha Blending, ...), it is shortened.

System Summary:
Processor: Pentium M 1.7 GHz,
RAM 1,024 MB
Chip Type: ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2 AGP
Memory Size: 128 MB
Driver: 8.133.2-050525a-024243C IBM (ati2dvag.dll v6.14.10.6546)
Directx: 9.0c
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio: smwdm.sys, v5.12.1.5410

- This problem didn't occur when I used Winamp 5.2x or older.
- My DPI setting (in Display Properties) is set to Large size (120 DPI), not the default value (Normal size 96 DPI).
- My Screen resolution is 1400x1050 pixels.
- All drivers is latest from manufacturer.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshots.zip (71.7 KB, 484 views)
Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 22:53   #3
Ciro Consentino

Winamp's memory usage double when next song starts (.mp3 with a playlist).

Detailed: when playing audio files with a play list, on each new song, Winamp's memory usage increases to about 9.5 MegaBytes.

here's how to reproduce this (WinXP Pro SP2):

1. put some files in a playlist (I tested with .mp3 only)

2. start playing the first song and minimize Winamp.

3. hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to call the task manager.

4. Look at "winamp.exe". I get about 4 MegaBytes of mem usage (Winamp must be minimized)

5. Wait until the song is over (or put the song's position bar close to the end, and minimize Winamp)

6. When the next song starts playing, "winamp.exe" mem usage increases to about 9.5 MegaBytes

7. Now, restore Winamp's window and minimize it again.
There you go, mem usage is back to about 4 MegaBytes.

8. On the next song, mem usage will increase again to about 9.5 MegaBytes.

Is this normal ? I hope not.
If you restore Winamp's window and minimize it again, the mem usage gets back to about 4 MegaBytes.

I'm using the free standard version without all the extra features, only main app + equalizer turned ON.

regards.
Ciro Consentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006, 23:26   #4
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Get a computer with more than 16MB of memory. It's not 1996 anymore.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2006, 00:53   #5
Benski
Ben Allison
Former Winamp Developer

Memory usage going down when minimized is a feature of Windows, not Winamp. In fact, the "Mem Usage" column in task manager isn't actually memory usage! It's the working set for the program. You need to enable the "Virtual Memory Size" column to see the actual memory usage for programs.
Benski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2006, 13:51   #6
Ciro Consentino

ah ok. This is normal behavior...
I enabled the VM Size column and the mem used is always 25,160K.

and for the record, my system specs:
Pentium IV 2.8GHz HT (512K cache),
mobo ASUS P4P800, 1GB DDR400 dual channel,
audio AD1985 SoundMAX 4XL onboard (5.1 sound enabled),
GeForce 7600GS 256MB AGP,
Hard-drive: Samsung 160GB SATA2,
WinXP Pro SP2.
Ciro Consentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 19:46   #7
DrJackson

Winamp 5.32 doesn't terminate completely when closed. I happened to check it a few times with Process Explorer, and winamp.exe was always on the list even after closing Winamp - so I have to kill it using ProcExp. However, the temporary skin's files in /temp are properly cleaned before that.

Other details:
-An upgrade from 5.31, not a clean install
-Using a classic skin
-On Windows 2000 professional SP4
-Didn't change any plugins after upgrading from 5.31, and the termination was proper before.
-It happened on three Win2000 computers with different configurations, hardware, and Winamp plugins, so I didn't look any further.
DrJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 22:05   #8
Noyb

Pretty much same scenerio as DrJackson describes.

- On Windows 2000 Pro SP4, Windows XP Pro SP1 and SP2.
- This happened on six machines with different specs
- An upgrade from 5.31 to 5.32
- A clean install to 5.32 (registry cleaning, etc)
- Using modern skin
- All plugins and settings are set to deafults

Note:
Versions 5.31 and 5.30 present this same problem, last version to not present this problem was 5.24
Noyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 22:22   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DrJackson
Winamp 5.32 doesn't terminate completely when closed. I happened to check it a few times with Process Explorer, and winamp.exe was always on the list even after closing Winamp - so I have to kill it using ProcExp.
If you're not using ANY 3rd-party plugins, then try to find out which of the default 1st-party plugins is responsible. Start by temporarily disabling the Portable Media Player plugins (winamp\plugins\pmp_*.dll). eg. by renaming them with the .off extension. Do it one at a time, closing & reopening winamp inbetween until the problem goes away. The last plugin you disabled will be the culprit... and it's then up to the devs to see if they can reproduce and fix the problem.

Note, as it stands, no-one can reproduce the problem.

If it does turn out to be one of the pmp plugins to blame, then it'll probably be due to some other external running process which also handles portables... however, you didn't provide enough info in your report to help us determine the cause/conflict (eg. an attached hijackthis log).
Old 28th November 2006, 10:31   #10
bemymonkey

I've had the same thing happen on various >5.2x releases - but never consistently... so it should be pretty difficult to reproduce.

I've discovered another problem, with the re-scanning of metadata. After finding this thread I suppose it's more appropriate here... Originally posted in the 5.32 Release Thread.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....59#post2068359

I also posted one of the files that I was having problems with a few posts down - Benski downloaded it and then deleted the file, but I have yet to hear back from him... I suppose the results were inconclusive.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Specs:
Default Winamp install (everything enabled except Agent)
Athlon64 X2 3800+
2 gigs PC3200
7800GTX
Audigy2ZS
2x80gig IDE drives
WinXP Pro SP2

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 11:18   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ bemymonkey

I think Benski's already fixed your problem for 5.33
If I remember correctly, it was something to do with the sample mp3 you gave us having two ID3v2 tags.

You really ought to choose your ripping/mp3 encoding software more wisely ;-)
Old 28th November 2006, 16:38   #12
tkpst2000222

The visualization of 5.32 winamp has a problem.
If I start the visualization and close the player, the screen of visualization will not automatically open when I start the player again.
Therefore, I have to start the visualization manually every time.Before 5.32, there is no this type of problem.
tkpst2000222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 17:21   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Nope, it's actually been like that for quite some time, probably as far back as 2.9x

The only ways to get the vis to auto appear/start on winamp startup are:

Use the Winamp Modern skin with the vis window active and attached to the main window. On winamp restart, the vis window will still be active and attached to the main window - though you'll still need to click 'Play' if you aren't double-clicking files from Explorer to open Winamp.

Or, if using any other skin...

Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Plugins:
Checkmark 'auto execute vis plugin on playback'
and use an autoplay plugin like DrO's Time Restore & Autoplay to make Winamp autoplay on startup (if not dbl-clicking files in Explorer).
Old 28th November 2006, 22:20   #14
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ bemymonkey

I think Benski's already fixed your problem for 5.33
If I remember correctly, it was something to do with the sample mp3 you gave us having two ID3v2 tags.

You really ought to choose your ripping/mp3 encoding software more wisely ;-)
Two ID3v2 tags? Hahahah, that sounds... weird, lol. It's not the encoding software that's the problem (eac + lame)... more likely to be the re-tagging software I use for batch stuff.

And yeah, he just sent me a new ml_local.dll *hooray!* So you can go ahead and scratch the bug report of mine

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 20:21   #15
Noyb

Hi DJ Egg,

Thanks for your reply and helpful suggestions.

FYI, the problem is being caused by pmp_p4s.dll, I have no other programs installed, nor any external running process, to handle portables, etc. The problem does not happen with v5.24, anything after that, produces this problem, nothing has changed on the test machines since v5.24, so it's not the test machines that have changed to produce the problem.

I will rename the pmp_p4s.dll to solve the problem, I don't have any use for that file anyway.

Thanks again for your prompt reply and helpful suggestions.

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
If you're not using ANY 3rd-party plugins, then try to find out which of the default 1st-party plugins is responsible. Start by temporarily disabling the Portable Media Player plugins (winamp\plugins\pmp_*.dll). eg. by renaming them with the .off extension. Do it one at a time, closing & reopening winamp inbetween until the problem goes away. The last plugin you disabled will be the culprit... and it's then up to the devs to see if they can reproduce and fix the problem.

Note, as it stands, no-one can reproduce the problem.

If it does turn out to be one of the pmp plugins to blame, then it'll probably be due to some other external running process which also handles portables... however, you didn't provide enough info in your report to help us determine the cause/conflict (eg. an attached hijackthis log).
Noyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 01:43   #16
cheenius

I have a Smart View that is just listing all of my music with the Genre/Album filter. It was working fine, but suddenly ... it crashes winamp. When winamp restarts it will just recrash unless I quickly click on a different Smart View. ... I don't know how to tell you guys how to reproduce it, but I can make it crash every time. (My other smart views work correctly.) Happy to help if I can... PS: Genre/Artist please...

[Edit --> DJ Egg] 3 posts merged into one [/Edit]

Wait I lied slightly. Actually it's a Genre List with the criterion: File Name does not contain M4A ... and if I remove that it works fine again. And if I add it again ... it crashes again. Ah so.

Oh wait that might qualify as a plugin bug, huh? ... Media Library is totally part of regular WinAmp...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
I tried Genre/Album view with Advanced queries:
(type=0) AND !(filename ends m4a)
(type=0) AND !(filename has m4a)
and could not reproduce any crash.
cheenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2006, 14:16   #17
Ababab

-Winamp 5.32.
-Asus A8N-SLI, A64 3000+System, 1GB RAM
-Win XP, SP2, all hotfixed installed
-Nvidia 6600GT, 91.47.
-Integrated sound card, almost lastest drivers I guess, but it isn't important in this case I guess.
-DirectX version 9.0c
-Create a folder, put some mp3s there, make a shortcut to that folder, place it in the folder, navigate one dir upwards, right-click the folder and chose enqueue in winamp, winamp crashes. (Your folder structure: dir, dir/*.mp3, dir/a shortcut to dir)
If you do this without the mp3s, winamp just closes without any error message. Error msg with some mp3s: Winamp has crashed. (The usually WinXP crash msg thingy.) And after I close it, it says: An instruction at "0x0something" refered to memory at "0x00000004". Memory can't be "read". Click ok to close this program. (I translated it to English by myself, so it might not be exactly the same for you.)

I guess it kinda stucks in some kind of infinite loop and that's why it crashes.
Ababab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:32   #18
Tim9hc

Restart WinAmp 5.32

Dr Jackson identified the problem that WinAmp 5.32 does not exit cleanly and leaves winamp.exe loaded in Task Manager/Processes. To restart winAmp this process has to be stopped manually. Otherwise additional instances of WinAmp appear in processes but the program does not run. To reproduce this behaviour: Close Winamp with the Media List pane open. To cure this disable plug-in gen ml.dll
Also, with winamp loaded in Processes uninstall does not go to completion

Tim9hc

System AMD athlon 64 3000
Radeon 9550
1Gb RAM

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
We can't reproduce the problem. You should post in Tech Support instead.
At a guess, it'll be a conflict with one of the Portable Media Player plugins (ml_pmp.dll / pmp_*.dll) and some other concurrently running process which also manages portables.

ps. Is Dr. Jackson related to Dr. Watson? Long lost brother maybe?
Tim9hc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 04:09   #19
Tim9hc

Regards to DJ Egg. Thanks for the suggestions. I disabled each of pmp*.dll files and ml.pmp.dll without effect. The restarting problem does not occur when offline or online with gen ml.dll disabled. I also use iTunes 7.0.2 and disabling ipodservice has no effect.

Thanks, Tim9hc
Old 3rd December 2006, 07:46   #20
DrJackson

Re: Restart WinAmp 5.32

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim9hc
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
ps. Is Dr. Jackson related to Dr. Watson? Long lost brother maybe?
No, dr. Watson is Sherlock's friend and confidante, while dr. Jackson is a scientist from Stargate. They have absolutely nothing in common.
Other than that - just a nickname, couldn't have come up with any better.
DrJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:49   #21
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Ahh, right. I didn't even realise that there was someone called DrJackson who'd posted higher up. I thought Tim9hc was referring to another debugging/error reporting tool like Microsoft's Dr Watson thing. Heh.

Hmm, we still can't reproduce the problem. I guess it must be one of the other ml plugins to blame then. Predixis (ml_xpdxs) maybe?

See my first reply further up (which I should've done as well, hehe) for details on how to determine which plugin is the cause, via process of elimination.

Note that gen_ml.dll is just the library window and a ml plugin loader... ie. if no ml_*.dll plugins are present, then just a blank library window will load, with no nodes in the left pane.

Also note that some (3rd-party) general plugins (gen_*.dll) also add a media library node, eg. cueplayer, dynamic library, and even DrO's 1st-party JTFE (gen_jumpex).

Attaching a HijackThis log and List of Plugins might reveal more info to help us diagnose the problem further.
Old 4th December 2006, 00:55   #22
Tim9hc

Greetings DJEgg, I have enclosed the HiJackThis and plug-in lists for the restart problem.

Regards, Tim9hc
Attached Files
File Type: zip tim9hc my_plugin_list.zip (4.7 KB, 407 views)
Old 4th December 2006, 03:46   #23
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Ok... could you try disabling each of the Media Library plugins (ml_*.dll), one at a time, closing & opening Winamp inbetween, until the problem (hopefully) goes away. By process of elimination, the last plugin you disabled will undoubtedly be the culprit.

Try them in this order:

ml_xpdxs.dll (predixis musicmagic)
ml_dash (dashboard)
ml_pmp.dll (portable device support)
ml_online (online services)
ml_wire.dll (podcast support)
ml_disc (rip & burn interface)
then the rest (ml_bookmarks, ml_history, ml_local, ml_rg, ml_transcode, ml_nowplaying, ml_playlists)

Just move each file one at a time from the Plugins folder into some backup folder
(you can move them all back again later, once we find the culprit).

If the problem persists with no media library plugins present, then the problem must lie in gen_ml itself (which is unlikely, but we shall see).
Old 4th December 2006, 04:13   #24
pkasting

ReplayGain information on ALAC files not used

Winamp is not picking up the ReplayGain information it's calculated for my ALAC .m4a files.

When showing file info (alt-3), I see a reasonable-looking album and track gain. However, on playing the track, the gain is not adjusted by my album or track gain, but instead by the amount on the slider that chooses how much gain to apply to tracks without ReplayGain info. I can verify this by dragging the slider around as the track plays and hearing the gain change.

I verified that this does not occur on the .mp3s I have that have ReplayGain info, just the ALAC .m4as.

EDIT: On a related note, these files also show up in the media library with no album or track gain listed if I enable those columns. Argh.

Winamp 5.32 - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins -- using the 5.32 essentials pack for ALAC support)
Windows XP SP2
Athlon XP "Barton" 2500+ (1.84 GHz), 512 MB RAM, Shuttle MN31N (from memory, could be wrong)
Radeon 9800 PRO (ati2dvag.dll v6.14.0010.6631)
Onboard NVIDIA nForce audio (nvapu.sys v6.14.0442.0030)
DirectX 9.0c

Last edited by pkasting; 4th December 2006 at 04:31.
pkasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 12:35   #25
Tim9hc

Greetings DJEgg, I have deleted ml*.dll files as advised and my restart problem is solved by disabling ml_online.dll
The common thread with solutions disabling gen_ml or ml_online is that the media library window display is changed on restart.
I now realise that this restart problem only occurs when the Media Library Window has AOL Radio with XM displayed. I need not run AOL radio but just have it on display.
The restart problem does not occur with Shoutcast Radio.

Regards, Tim9hc
Old 5th December 2006, 17:41   #26
flocksoft
Major Dude

album disc number

configuration: Winamp 5.32 full, full standard & clean installation, no third party plugins, clean WinXP SP2 Pro virtualized environment (BTW I get same results with my real machine)

after some search I found nothing about it...
by default picking 2+ files in Winamp Media Library and selecting Edit selected items... the Edit file info box appears, and all common tags are greyed, all different tags are missing

this is true for all fields but album disc number (also when that field is added through Winamp)

can someone confirm this?

in addition..
  • selecting View file info... 1 by 1 you can insert various patterns like x/y, x, x of y, etc. (correctly saved but in Media Library you see only x)
  • picking more files and selecting Edit selected items... only x pattern is saved (and in Media Library x is showed)

bye
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 18:08   #27
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, it's known. The Media Library only supports full integers for Disc #
ie. it doesn't support "1/2" or "1 of 2", it'll only see and support "1".
In other words, it's a feature request, not a bug.

The other issue, where Disc # is filled-in in the tags, but doesn't show in 'Edit Selected Items' is a bug. I actually reported it internally a week or so ago, so hopefully it should be fixed for the next release.
Old 5th December 2006, 18:20   #28
flocksoft
Major Dude

thank you DJ Egg for the prompt reply

bye
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 01:26   #29
cheenius

Sorry, I can't make it crash now either. I swear it was working/notworking just the way I said. I can tell you that there's something wrong with the 'Classical' genre in my genre list such that it crashes winamp. Probably a bad mp3 or something? But I can't tell which file it's crashing on. Maybe the two are related, but whatever happened before definitely crashed each time winamp started, and would stop if I removed the 'filename contains M4A'. (I was using the Simple Editor by the way not the Advanced Editor) Sorry again. I write software for a living, and hate user's wild goose chases...

Quote:
Originally posted by cheenius
I have a Smart View that is just listing all of my music with the Genre/Album filter. It was working fine, but suddenly ... it crashes winamp. When winamp restarts it will just recrash unless I quickly click on a different Smart View. ... I don't know how to tell you guys how to reproduce it, but I can make it crash every time. (My other smart views work correctly.) Happy to help if I can... PS: Genre/Artist please...

[Edit --> DJ Egg] 3 posts merged into one [/Edit]

Wait I lied slightly. Actually it's a Genre List with the criterion: File Name does not contain M4A ... and if I remove that it works fine again. And if I add it again ... it crashes again. Ah so.

Oh wait that might qualify as a plugin bug, huh? ... Media Library is totally part of regular WinAmp...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
I tried Genre/Album view with Advanced queries:
(type=0) AND !(filename ends m4a)
(type=0) AND !(filename has m4a)
and could not reproduce any crash.
cheenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 14:41   #30
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Songtitle scroller bug

Clean install, using classic skin.

Normally, when using the "skip forward" and "skip backward" buttons, the song-scroller begins to scroll from the start of the text, each time I click >| or |<.

Regardless whether Winamp is in play or in stop mode. This worked in all previous Winamp versions.

But now in Version 5.32, it only works in PLAY mode. If I STOP the playback and want to navigate through my playlist using the skip >| and |< Buttons, the songtitle scroller doesn't restart its position on each button-click. This is annoying especially if you have "shuffle" enabled and you want to skip some tracks forward, while looking at the scroller to find a song you like.

You see always only a part from the middle of the songnames (obviously randomly chosen).

Please have a look at this issue and fix it - Thank you very much!!!

Best regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 15:06   #31
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I've just tested it on Winamp 5.22, 5.12, and 5.08d, and it's the same on all of those too. At a guess, you probably had songticker scrolling disabled before (rt-click in classic songticker, uncheck 'autoscroll songname'). Either that, or you were using the Modern skin before (where behaviour is different).
Old 14th December 2006, 03:45   #32
homes32

Playlist/Smart View Load Failure

When Winamp is in window shade mode the "Library's Playlists" button will not load playlists or smart views. In normal mode it works fine.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Winamp 5.32 - clean install - Default Modern Skin
2. Enter Windowshade mode
3. Click the Library's Playlist button and select a playlist or Media Library smart view

System Summary:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.01 Ghz
RAM 1,024 MB
Chip Type: ATI Radeon X1300
Memory Size: 256 MB
Driver: ati2dvag.dll v6.14.0010.6583
Directx: 9.0c
Sound: Realtek AC97 Audio

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Yup, it's a known bug. Thanks.

homes32
homes32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 07:36   #33
Opticron

As described in this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=261039
After several hours of listening to a given stream, winamp will loop 1 second of audio forever.

-Winamp 5.32 - clean install
-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe
-Intel Core 2 Duo x6800
-4GB RAM
-Windows XP SP1
-ATI Radeon X1900XTX
-Creative Audigy 2
-DirectX 9.0c

1. Open Winamp.
2. Open a stream (direct url or from a playlist such as di.fm)
3. Wait. (usually 2-7hrs)

I have loaded absolutely NO 3rd party plugins. This is a clean install on a new machine. I have seen this on the modern skin, although it has been reported on the classic skin as well. There are no error messages at all.
Opticron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 15:10   #34
amprenta

Hello,

winamp 5.32 clean install
Intel Pentium 4 540J, 3200 MHz
Asus P5GD1 Pro
512 mb Ram
win xp sp 2

I upgraded to winamp 5.32 recently.The installation worked perfectly,all was fine ,till i tried to add my 30 gb folder of music ,winamp suddenly crashed .
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.3.2.1003 ModName: winamp.exe
ModVer: 5.3.2.1003 Offset: 0005f9f2
I tried several times still the same problem.So I took a look at the folder and I saw that contains a shortcut to itself.I deleted the shortcut and winamp didn`t crash anymore . This happens only on >5.30 .
Winamp crashes even with a folder that contains just the shortcut to itself.
amprenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 09:33   #35
dnewhous

add media to library causes crash

winamp 5.32 clean install
ASUS A8V-E deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 2 GB PC400 RAM
Windows XP SP2
Radeon X700, 8.321 drivers
Revolution 5.1, 1.0 drivers
9.0c
modern skin

Start winamp
Try the command "Add Media to Library" with no discs in your disc drives and Winamp will freeze up and have to be stopped from the task manager. The command should time out and result in an error message.
dnewhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2006, 10:02   #36
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ Opticron, amprenta & dnewhous

Sorry, but no-one can reproduce any of those reports.
Old 20th December 2006, 22:56   #37
Opticron

Alright. I suspect the issue is somewhere in the buffer code, because the playback of my local stream gets further and further behind what is actually playing in real time on the server. I'll go back to older versions and see if I can identify the version change that made the difference.
Opticron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:01   #38
allixsenos

Send a message via ICQ to allixsenos
problem with mouse scroll in Vista

-Winamp 5.32
-System specs: Abit NF7, AMD Barton 2500+, 1G RAM
-Windows Vista RTM
-Video card: GeForce 7600GS 256M AGP
-Sound card: onboard nF2 sound
-DirectX 10
-Special hardware: MS Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000, MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

problem: winamp incorrectly interprets the mouse wheel events. scroll up is OK, but scroll down is only caught when scrolling *a lot*, the equivalent of many two whole pages in word. problem visible while trying to scroll through playlist or trying to control the volume. scroll works OK in both directions in all other apps (word, firefox... everything)

modifying scroll speed and turning acceleration off makes no difference

any suggestions?
allixsenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 20:27   #39
homer09

Winamp modern skin bug.

Song titles with accents display in a radically different font vs the standard dotted font.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is a feature, not a bug. See here.
homer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2006, 14:33   #40
ricardobeat

My track names are being strangely "repeated" on the Playlist Editor. A track name becomes another track's name after it's played. See under:

-Winamp 5.32 (5.3.2.1003)
-AMD Semprom 2800+ 512mb RAM
-Windows XP SP3
-GF MX440, WHQL driver 44.01
-Realtek AC97
-DirectX 9.0c

1. Open File dialog
2. Select a list of 10 files
3. ex:the 1st file (top of playlist) is named "Horse"
4. Play the 1st file for some seconds
5. Click on another file in the playlist OR skip track
6. The new track begins to play
7. When a 3rd track is selected, or track is skipped, the 2nd track "grabs" the name of the 1st.
8. When the Skip button is pressed, the next track begins to play and the last track mantains it's name, but it will change to the 1st track's name when you click on any other track.
9. After listening to all files, all of them have the same track name (equal to the 1st on the list).

In short, when using a playlist, any file will "copy" the name of the 1st (top) track after another track is selected. This also happens when a playlist is created from the Media Library (in some tracks, it happens for a second and then the real track name comes back).

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
We can't reproduce this on a clean install of 5.32 with NO 3rd-party plugins.
At a guess, you're using an old version of the 3rd-party Drag+Drop plugin.
ricardobeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports