Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 25th October 2012, 15:20   #41
DrO

i'm more than aware of the message and API methods but as i said there is no formal notification of a winkey+arrow or winkey+shift+arrow action that i've been able to find -the nearest seems to be people checking WM_SIZE for values like SW_MAXIMISED.

and from testing things a bit further (as i wasn't aware of the winkey+shift+arrow where it moves the window in it's current size to another montor, only knew about winkey+arrow), the classic main window is moved, just it doesn't move the other windows if docked. so maybe that could be used as a basis for trying to figure things out.

though is all moot unless you've got a dev with time to look into it.

[edit]
your edit wasn't there when i started to reply so seems i'd sort of covered what the SO thread hints at

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 19:34   #42
-Px-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and from testing things a bit further (as i wasn't aware of the winkey+shift+arrow where it moves the window in it's current size to another montor, only knew about winkey+arrow), the classic main window is moved, just it doesn't move the other windows if docked. so maybe that could be used as a basis for trying to figure things out.

though is all moot unless you've got a dev with time to look into it.
Unfortunately, I'm not developer and just an user.
So, final answer is "this not be implemented in foreseen future", right?
-Px- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 18:13   #43
Serophos

Winamp does not start on Windows 8

Winamp 5.63 does not start on Windows 8, with and without compability settings enabled.

- Clean install.
- Windows 8 with all updates installed
Serophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 18:23   #44
DrO

what version of Windows 8?
what user account type (admin / standard) ?
what did you install? (might be easier to post your install.ini from the root folder).

-daz
Old 4th December 2012, 19:55   #45
Serophos

German Windows 8 Pro with Media-Center Pack. User: Admin (Windows Live Account)

Winamp process starts and exits immediatly . No window appears. No error message.

Happens also with Pro-installer. The post NSIS First Run Wizard of Winamp does not show either. Same behaviour with and without the german language pack.
Attached Files
File Type: txt install.ini.txt (1.2 KB, 133 views)
Old 15th December 2012, 21:40   #46
Chitose

-Winamp 5.63 (5.6.3.3235) - clean install
-Winamp Language Pack used (if any): N/A
-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram): N/A
-Windows OS, including Service Packs & Locale: N/A
-Video Card, Video Card Drivers version: N/A
-Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version: N/A
-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag): N/A
-Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)

Firstly, I'm a developer, not a Winamp user. I noticed this bug from reports that my users were giving, and I've narrowed down the exact cause (PS: It appears on all builds of winamp i've used, regardless of OS, soundcard, yadda yadda. I've had a lot of people checking this):

I run a load-balancing stream system masquerading as an icecast mountpoint on /main.mp3 on port 1130. It works fine for every single music player that supports HTTP 302 redirecting (literally anything using a standard library or somethign that understands the full HTTP spec, including Winamp's http handler; this was tested)

When i switched over, i got notices from users that my system wasnt working at all for them. So I went and investigated it, and found out that Winamp was checking port 80, instead. Winamp worked fine when i put the system on port 80. It appears that, when Winamp cannot connect to a socket, it falls to port 80 and tries again. A real icecast socket on port 1130 correctly streamed.

What baffles me is how this is even an issue. All GET requests on port 1130 for me are somehow going to port 80. I tested the .m3u that was also in the webroot of the loadbalancer, and was returned the 404 page of my port 80 webroot.
Winamp is the only player that had an issue with this. I tested it personally with Foobar, iTunes, WMP, MPC, MPD, XiiaLive, Several android players, DeaDBeeF (which didn't work, having broken HTTP) mplayer, TuneIn, VLC, and Winamp on port 80 to make sure players would accept our new system. Additional users provided extra beta testing.

For details of the loadbalancing system:
GET /main.mp3 on port 1130 is intercepted and rewritten with mod_rewrite
An icecast relay is chosen from the script it rewrites to, and then the following is sent:
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily

I came very close to removing support for Winamp entirely when I discovered this, as i now have to run a loadbalancer on both port 80 and port 1130 to deal with Winamp users, which is not desirable.
Chitose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 22:26   #47
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Chitose, send a PM to DrO, he's your best shot for this.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 21:41   #48
DrO

without an active link, etc to test against, i'm not going to speculate as to what's the issue.

-daz
Old 24th December 2012, 10:23   #49
Serophos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serophos View Post
German Windows 8 Pro with Media-Center Pack. User: Admin (Windows Live Account)

Winamp process starts and exits immediatly . No window appears. No error message.

Happens also with Pro-installer. The post NSIS First Run Wizard of Winamp does not show either. Same behaviour with and without the german language pack.
Little update on the Windows 8 issue:
These two configs do work on Windows 8. The first one is basically Winamp Classic, the second one has most Media Library Plugins and all the video-stuff removed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt win8.working.install.ini.1.txt (1.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: txt win8.working.install.ini.2.txt (1.2 KB, 115 views)
Old 24th December 2012, 20:06   #50
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Serophos,

I notice in the 1st configuration that the media library portable media player support plug-in is installed and the portable devices plug-ins are not.

In the 2nd configuration, the media library portable media player support plug-in is not installed, but the Android and WiFi portable devices plug-ins are.

Are you saying that Winamp works with these portable devices in Windows 8 without the media library support plug-in? If so, that is interesting. I thought the media library support plug-in was required.

In any event, thank you for posting your Windows 8 experiences. My time for saving money on this upgrade is growing short and there is no ETA on when Winamp will release a Windows 8 compatibility update.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 20:08   #51
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
and there is no ETA on when Winamp will release a Windows 8 compatibility update.
2014 or whenever Win8 SP1 comes out. is that an ok eta?

-daz
Old 24th December 2012, 20:31   #52
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
2014 or whenever Win8 SP1 comes out. is that an ok eta?

-daz
Good one.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 16:18   #53
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Good one.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!
Er wasn't there a plan, that Microsoft won't provide Service Packs anymore?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 01:49   #54
Otaku_Son

WinAmp Agent keeps re-enabling itself. I unchecked the "Enable WinAmp Agent" box upon first installation, and I've had to repeatedly manually disenable it from the taskbar.

-Winamp 5.63 (5.6.3.3235) - clean install
-English
-System specs
-Windows 7 SP 1

1) Install WinAmp
2) Uncheck the "Enable WinAmp Agent" option at install
3) Restart computer
4) Find WinAmp Agent in the taskbar.
5) Right-click it.
6) Select "disenable WinAmp Agent"
7) Repeat steps 3 through 6 ad infinitum.

And I really don't know why this is happening, when this didn't occur in previous versions of WinAmp. It used to be if I selected "Disenable WinAmp Agent" at install, it would stay disenabled.
Otaku_Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 02:00   #55
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Try running winamp in admin mode (right click the shortcut) and then disabling agent in Winamp > Prefs > File Types

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 01:41   #56
ImNotThrasher

Hi, I found this bug a few versions ago but still unfixed and well here I am. I think its something easy to fix for the developers. Im using the latest version 5.63 and this is the thing.

When Im in the library and I hit right click in to one of my albums. Its in the lasts three options.

The "Refresh Album Art" option doesn´t works, but If I click "Open Folder" its refresh album art, and when I click "Get Artist Information" its opens the folder.

Sorry for my bad language.

ImNotThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 02:00   #57
DrO

i find it hard to believe you've been seeing it for a number of versions when the bug was only introduced in 5.63 and there haven't been any updates since that release.

it is fixed internally for the next release (no eta) or if it is super critical for you then you can get the version of the Bento skin from v5.623 and use that until the next update.

-daz
Old 7th March 2013, 17:16   #58
duff230

Hi,

i used AutoHotkey to define Hotkeys for adjusting System Volume with ctrl-arrow up and ctrl-arrow down, but it won't work in Winamp Main Window. Other Hotkeys I defined with AutoHotkey do work.
duff230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 23:08   #59
-|||-

Issues with the Search Window

Winamp: 5.63 x86
Winamp Language: German

I'm new to this forum and so I don't know if the following issues are new or not.
I think I should also mention that I am using the classic style and classic skins for winamp because I still like them more than the modern style.

By using the classic style for me there are two issues:

1: by pressing "j" the search window which should open does not always appear in the foreground, so mostly it's necessary to click on the winamp programm icon in the task bar twice and after that it's possible to type in your search term!

2. the main issue and I think it's OK to post this as a core bug is that the 3 buttons down (see screenshot) are not shown. this didn't happen in earlier versions of winamp and it also doesnt matter which classic skin you are using, it's not possible to see the three buttons!

Will these two bugs, especially the second one, be fixed or is there no more support for the classic style of winamp. as mentioned before the second issue wasn't present with earlier versions of winamp!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp_bug.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	50322  
-|||- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 23:24   #60
DrO

delete gen_jumpex.dll from the plug-ins folder. that will sort out both issues.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:07   #61
-|||-

@ DrO:
thank you for the hint about deleting this dll-file, it helped a bit, but now the buttons are gone, I would like to use them but probably this is not possible in a good way.
at the moment it's not possible to manage the enqueue list?
Old 18th March 2013, 14:31   #62
DrO

the plug-in adds those buttons. it's down to you whether you think the visual issues are worth keeping the plug-in around for the other functionality.
Old 18th March 2013, 17:03   #63
-|||-

thanks...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports