Old 21st August 2010, 11:17   #1
jr heuwing

Party mode plugin

I am looking for a plug-in so that people can put songs to the play-list but they can not change the file or close winamp. A so called "Party mode" plug-in

During the search for this plug-in, i founded that mediamonkey has this option but i can't find it for winamp. Does anyone know a plug-in that has this function, so that i don't have to use mediamonkey.

Regards,

JR Heuwing

Is lekker onderweg
jr heuwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 14:34   #2
DrO

the only thing i can currently think off is the playlist undo plug-in which can block some of the clicking actions in the playlist editor (though is a bit incomplete with modern skins due to changes made to the Winamp core in 5.53+).

with the thing of not closing Winamp you could try http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Close_to_Tray_v1_3_1.exe though it'll still allow alt+f4 and probably the main menu still work - i could look into making that work on the alt+f4 / main menu action as well if it's suitable for what you're looking to do.

though something more complete may require a bit more work and depends really on what you're looking for ie a few existing plug-ins modified to achieve the result or a single custom commissioned plug-in solution.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 17:27   #3
jr heuwing

In a few months i have to organize a party. I want that the guest can decide witch music there will be played without that i being close to the laptop. I want to prevent that the guest can ruin my laptop and music collection. For this reason i want to limit the possibility for the guest of the party. To disable all limitations a password or special key combination is required.

I just tried mediamonkey and how the party mode works inside that program is just what i wanted. Automatically the window goes full size and only adding files to the play-list is what everybody can do when the partymode is activated. Also the option that block all play function except pause and stop is needed.

Regards,

JR Heuwing

Is lekker onderweg

Last edited by jr heuwing; 21st August 2010 at 18:43. Reason: Add some extra information
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:25   #4
DrO

from thinking things through a bit more, you'd probably need a custom skin that just shows certain aspects (like Media Monkey does) along with a plug-in to block keyboard access (not something a skin can control).

however i'd really have to say that if Media Monkey does it how you want it then really it is better to use it instead of trying to force Winamp into doing it via hacks and skin changes.

-daz
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:34   #5
jr heuwing

The only reason that i asked for this option is that i hate to install an extra program just for one option that i won't use often.

I think that more people want's this option build inside Winamp. A few years ago there was a DJ using Winamp to play the music. He also used a beamer to show the visualization of Winamp. When he has a coffee break there where several people trying to change the playlist. After just a few minutes there was no music and the DJ lost almost every thing of his music collection. I want to prevent that it's gonna happen to me.

Is lekker onderweg
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:01   #6
DrO

well i've just seen the two old threads you've bumped in the wishlist (is frowned on a bit bumping old threads).

the problem is that to do what i believe you're looking for is really more than something someone is going to do off their own back for free or likely to get natively implemented as it involves a mass of restrictions on what interaction is allowed by the user and the client and it really requires a different skin (even modifying the modern / bento skins is a fair bit of work).

Quote:
just for one option that i won't use often
for a one off event for you it's not really worth the effort and i can't see anyone doing it for free (even i wouldn't now i've realised the potential work required to do this and for a bespoke implementation then it really require a reasonable fee to get it implemented).

[after thought]

Quote:
After just a few minutes there was no music and the DJ lost almost every thing of his music collection. I want to prevent that it's gonna happen to me.
the only other thing i can think off would a remote setup so the machine actually doing the playing isn't accessible by those people and they can access the playlist via a http setup. i think there are some plug-ins which allow that and can even be customised as to what they allow but that still involves configuration / potential coding to get it right.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support