Old 9th April 2011, 03:32   #1
MedinaRadio

Starting from scratch

I've decided that i'm going to set-up my station step by step, and instead of asking each question I have with a new thread, i will post my progress nd questions in this one, so it's almost a little guide for others, as well as a good archive for me.

I just installed shoutcast v2 and I have hit the original problem I had with v2.

My config file looks like this:

code:
; NOTE: for any relative paths specified are relative to
; sc_serv and not to where the conf file is being stored

; here we will setup where the log and other related files
; will be stored. make sure that these folders exist else
; sc_serv will throw an error and will close itself down.
; we will make the logs save to the sc_serv2 directory
logfile=.\logs\sc_serv.log
w3clog=.\logs\sc_w3c.log
banfile=.\control\sc_serv.ban
ripfile=.\control\sc_serv.rip

; for testing we will make the server only work locally
; (i.e. localhost / 127.0.0.1) though if this is left out
; or set to publicserver=always then we attempt to make a
; connection to the YP for listing - do not forget to add
; in a 'streamauthhash' value for any public streams made
publicserver=always

; if you're wanting to use a different port to use for any
; connections then you can use this option e.g. to use 80
; otherwise port 8000 is used as the default to listen on.
portbase=4320

; password used by sc_trans or the Winamp dsp plug-in
; NOTE: remember to change this to something else
password=*********

; password used for accessing the administation pages
; NOTE: remember to change this to something else
adminpassword=**********

; now we will specify the details of the stream we're going
; to serve which can be done as follows
streamid=1
streampath=/test.aac

; or

; it can be done like this which is how it needs to be done
; if you are going to provide multiple streams from sc_serv
;streamid_1=1
;streampath_1=/test.aac
;streamid_2=2
;streampath_2=/test2.aac

I edited everything I want, the only problem is I can't find where to put my IP address. Also when I try to run sc_serv.exe it pop-up (looks like the command prompt) for a second then closes. IDK what this means so if anyone else could shine some light on the subject, I would appreciate it

P.S. Also I emailed them since thats what you need to do now to get your auth. key because of some server migration.

-Medina Radio
MedinaRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 11:19   #2
MADxHAWK

Looks like you running shoutcast on Windows. You cant start shoutcast with a doubleclick. you need to open the commandline and enter sc_serv.exe sc.conf

Make sure the password and adminpassword are not the same, else shoutcast wont start.

To enter an ip-address the docu says:
Quote:
srcip : Specify the server side binding address for sources to connect on [Default = <no value>]
dstip or destip : Specify the server side binding address for clients [Default = <no value>]
But as long as thers only one Networkadapter / IP-adress theres normaly no need to set these.

You also should check if shoutcast saved a logfile.

-MAD
MADxHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 17:48   #3
MedinaRadio

correct, I am running it in window 7 x64 Ok so when I try to run it from the command line I get this error:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
(http://img857.imageshack.us/i/unledjz.png/)

Any suggestions? I do have two different passwords. I also can't find the scrIP and the destIP. Which config file are they in? Im so used to v1 this is a bit different. And Lastly, in the transcoder, it says

Quote:
public=0
If I changed this to 1, would that make it public? Thanks again
Old 10th April 2011, 01:59   #4
MedinaRadio

Also, seeing as how I can't find the edit button, when I said transcode, I meant the transcoder config file. I would GREATLY appreciate a QUICK response
Old 10th April 2011, 23:24   #5
DrO

with the screenshot, i've never seen that happen as is run Win7 x64 (which is what the Windows versions of the tools are currently built on) and it runs both the Win32 and Win64 builds without issue. it could be there's something which has corrupted the install or something else interfering with the exe (like a virus scanner or something like that). so might be an idea to re-download the installer and run it again and see if the issue still happens (though i'm at a loss).

with the authhash, things are taking longer than expected to get that resolved so you're probably not going to get an official reply for a bit.

changing public=0 to public=1 would make the DNAS attempt to register the stream in the YP as long as you've not changed 'publicserver' in the DNAS's config file - however as you've got publicserver=always in the first post, without an authhash then you're never going to get any client connections to happen even if everything else is working (is how the v2 DNAS works in public mode as a failure to successfully register with the YP in that mode is deemed a fail and so blocks client connections).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 02:17   #6
MedinaRadio

Ok so i'm going to need to find help with the first problem cause i reinstalled it, installed the x32 version, which still didn't work, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, if I left publicserver=always and public=0 I would be able to have my radio listed in the shoutcast directory and be able to access it from my website.

lastly, would my srcIP be 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and my destIP be 151.203.57.150? According to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
and
http://www.whatsmy ip.org/ (no space)

my external IP is 151.203.57.150 so I believe that that would be my destIP and my srcIP would be the local IP address, thanks for your help, and hopefully someone can figure out the win32 error message,

Thanks,
Medina Radio
Old 12th April 2011, 09:36   #7
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedinaRadio View Post
Ok so i'm going to need to find help with the first problem cause i reinstalled it, installed the x32 version, which still didn't work, so help would be greatly appreciated.
other than making sure the runtime is installed (as per http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...rver_2#Windows) i've no other ideas why it's not running for you.

Quote:
Secondly, if I left publicserver=always and public=0 I would be able to have my radio listed in the shoutcast directory and be able to access it from my website.
correct though if you're wanting it to be public then doing that in the sc_trans config is somewhat contradictory and i'd just not specify it in the sc_trans config and leave it as default.

Quote:
lastly, would my srcIP be 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and my destIP be 151.203.57.150?
you generally don't need to tinker with those unless you're wanting to explicitly restrict source access (by setting it to the localhost ip). with dstip then that would be correct but there's generally no need to set that as the YP listing and listen.pls actions should fill things out with the correct ip as needed but you can set it to that explicitly if you feel happier.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 23:14   #8
MedinaRadio

ok thanks, well, I guess i'll have to continuemy google search on the whole win32 thing, this is really aggravating ^.^
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support