Old 11th August 2011, 03:24   #1
raylutz

[SPLIT] Authhash Creation Issue Over Remote Access

Hi:
I am trying to use the page called "SHOUTcast Authhash Management" which I access on my install through the admin.cgi script.

http://airprogressive.org:8080/admin...&mode=register

for the shoutcast server at the same address/port.

The select boxes Genre, Country, Language sit on "Loading..." forever. Clicking "Create Authhash" does nothing, but returns to the home admin.cgi page without comment, and the link "Create Authhash" is unchanged.

I looked at the script and I tried reading the pulldown info for the genre select here:
http://yp.shoutcast.com/authutil_primarygenre

and it works fine. I tried the script in Firefox and MSIE.

Any comments?

--Ray
raylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 12:53   #2
DrO

raylutz: see my edit of the first post on how to resolve things in IE (though Firefox shouldn't be having problems though i've no idea what version you're using).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 19:27   #3
raylutz

SHOUTcast Authhash Management page fails

I dialed down the security in MSIE9 to minimum levels (all settings) and added urls to the allowed sites

http://airprogressive.org
http://yp.shoutcast.com
http://forums.winamp.com

Which is all I could think of that your instructions might be referring to. Again, I am able to pull up just the pull-down list if I do it without trying to run the script.

It still fails. Genre, Country, and Language are all "Loading..." forever, and clicking create hash does nothing. I get no error codes or really any response of note, so it is hard to follow the other instructions at the top of this forum.

Honestly, this page seems far too fancy for what you are doing. Just slam the pull down lists directly into the HTML and avoid the additional page gets and complex javascript. You are making your (and my) life difficult for no good reason. Please consider this simplification in future releases.

Since this is not working, can you just provide the authhash directly?

--Ray Lutz
Old 11th August 2011, 21:59   #4
DrO

raylutz: when opening the 'Sites' button it's meant to have the url of the page you're accessing it from in the edit box at the top to have that added e.g. http://127.0.0.1 (will amend the instructions again).

the page is not too fancy for what is wanted since if the genres, etc are hard-coded into the DNAS, any site changes then require the DNAS to be updated and seeing as that might be happening for the genres and the issues we have with people not updating the DNAS, it was felt the safest way to ensure that things are kept valid without a DNAS update.

i'm sorry if you feel that way but considering the number of authhashes created and the number of issues reported, the new setup has saved me a fair amount of time already compared to manually creating authhashes for people as was the case prior to the current release.

i have kept a copy of the details you originally included in the post, but if you really want me to create it then i'm going to need the IP of the machine the DNAS will be running on so it can be locked to your configuration (hence why it's better to get it working on your end than me having to create the authhash and then manually link it).

-daz
Old 11th August 2011, 22:23   #5
raylutz

Since I am not running the script on the machine that is running the shoutcast software, that is perhaps the reason it doesn't work. Let me outline the architecture of what I am doing here because the use of 127.0.0.1 (i.e. localhost) does not make any sense.

I am running shoutcast server at this IP: 216.180.238.41 which is allocated only to the domain airprogressive.org. I am trying to access the admin.cgi script from my workstation which is on a dynamic IP, but it is currently 68.7.238.55. I have no way to run a browser application on the machine that runs the shoutcast server because it is in a datacenter and I only have SSH access to that machine (and control panel access). Therefore, it makes no sense to use 127.0.0.1 as you suggest in the browser, and that implies you were thinking I could run this co-located on the machine where the sc_serv process runs. I am hoping that this additional detail may solve the problem.

BTW, you can use the IP 216.180.238.41 as the fixed IP for the shoutcast server for purposes of creating the authhash, if we can get through this process without having to get an update of the admin.cgi javascript.

[I understand your rationale for the javascript gets but I think the fields genre, country, and language are not all that dynamic and the rev of the release is fast enough, but that's just my guess as I glance at this stuff.]

THANKS!
Old 11th August 2011, 22:40   #6
DrO

you don't have to be running the browser to access the admin pages on the same machine as the DNAS is running on. i only used 127.0.0.1 as an example that was all as it was never clear from your earlier posts if you were on same the machine as the DNAS or doing it remotely. the process uses the IP the DNAS is on when the create request is received by the YP. that does not have to be the same as you're using to access the admin pages.

why it's failing in Firefox for you i don't know as that is what it was mainly developed using. IE not working is due to IE's general handling of CORS responses not being valid.

i'll create the authhash tomorrow and send it via pm at some point as obviously something else is getting in the way of things. have split these posts from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=331394 as it can effectively be called resolved.

-daz
Old 12th August 2011, 00:01   #7
raylutz

Thanks. I'll look forward to the getting the authhash soon.

I would say it isn't resolved, and continues to be a bug, but we have identified a workaround for now. It would be nice if this facility was working right so I don't have to go through this again, but hopefully it will be fixed up by then.

FYI, I normally run FireFox, and I'm using version 5.0.1.

--Ray Lutz
Old 12th August 2011, 11:33   #8
DrO

have pm'd you the authhash (though there was an issue which is in the pm).

obviously something still isn't right though until i setup a similar setup to try it out then i'm not sure what can be done though i may need to change how the DNAS pages work but for the time being you should be able to broadcast ok now.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support