Old 18th July 2010, 19:24   #1
DragonBottles

Winamp 5.581 Minimize/Always On Top Problems

Hey guys. Just got the new Winamp 5.581 that was posted in the stuck thread on this board, but I'm having problems that weren't in the previous versions.

For starters, the window will not minimize no matter what. I was having problems with it automatically going to Always On Top but they seem to have disappeared. But I'm having trouble with the Winamp window where the window simply won't minimize. Also, when closing, it takes absolutely ages to close. With 5.57 it was instant, but it takes about 5-10 seconds to finally close. Sometimes it just crashes when I try and close it. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

I might have no choice but to downgrade back to 5.57, but do you know of a way to solve this?
DragonBottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 19:55   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Especially issues and freezes on shutdown can be produced by incompatible 3rd party plugins. Also the used skin is important.

Before we can start helping you, you must provide more infos about your system, including a full list of your installed plugins
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 20:02   #3
DragonBottles

Hey Koopa.

I just use the default Bento skin with Royal Black coloring.

Here is the outcome of the One For Nunz plugin.

http://pastebin.com/KHVeVTSM

What exactly do you need to know about my system?

PS: Thanks for taking the time to help me out here.

EDIT: Not sure what about my system you needed, but perhaps this will help. This is a screenshot of the main page of Speccy.

Old 18th July 2010, 20:08   #4
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Cheers!

Lets address your closing issue first of all. Could you temporary disable the following plugins:

DFX [dsp_dfx.dll]
MSN Messenger Status Plugin v0.22 [gen_msn.dll]
Audioscrobbler Winamp plugin v2, 1, 0, 9 (ML Mode) [ml_wa2_scrobbler.dll]

You can simply rename the files from .dll at the end to .dll.off or simply moved the from Winamp/Plugins to another folder.

Does Wiinamp then close on exit without delay?
Old 18th July 2010, 20:12   #5
DragonBottles

Just moved all 3 plugins and restarted Winamp. The closing issue persists and still takes 5-10 seconds, but the minimise issue seems to have subsided. I'll try more times because it was an inconsistent error in the first place. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Minimise issue seems to be completely gone. Well, one down one to go!
Old 18th July 2010, 20:13   #6
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

If this fixes the minimize issue, copy 1 plugin back and see if the bug returns. if not put next plugin back, then we know, which plugins prevents winamp from minimizing.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:18   #7
DragonBottles

Uh oh. Now even without the 3 plugins in the folder, the minimizing issue is back. All I did was copy the files one by one back. I first copied the dfx plugin back and it came back, but after testing all 3 and the issue coming back, now even without any of the 3 plugins installed it won't minimize.

This is horribly confusing. Removing those plugins didn't achieve anything. Could be another plugin?
Old 19th July 2010, 14:55   #8
DragonBottles

Any idea what could be causing it? Sorry for double posting, but I'm desperate to get it working as I don't want to move media players since I've already paid for this one and I simply can't get used to another.

I've just figured out that the window will minimize in shade mode, but not in any other mode.

Last edited by DragonBottles; 19th July 2010 at 15:26.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
5.581, always on top, minimize